Retired Thai military chiefs call on top brass to back public

webfact

These buggers can't see beyond Bangkok. "The public" does not support the dems in the majority. That is why dems are so against elections: they will lose. "The public" does not want them, so they call on trad backers the military. I wonder what would happen if red shirts laid siege to Bangkok and stopped the supply of food? Maybe then they might respect "country bumpkins" who produce the food they eat....

Actually it probably has more to do with every election Thaksin takes part in being rigged in his favour ( as proven by 3 parties dissolved and banned for proven electoral fraud ). Also ridiculous populist policies that cripple the country's economy ( such as the rice scam ). So stop with your bullshit rhetoric and let's have some facts please.

speaking of bullshit rhetoric and facts perhaps you can point out with facts how the populist policies have crippled the country's economy?

These buggers can't see beyond Bangkok. "The public" does not support the dems in the majority. That is why dems are so against elections: they will lose. "The public" does not want them, so they call on trad backers the military. I wonder what would happen if red shirts laid siege to Bangkok and stopped the supply of food? Maybe then they might respect "country bumpkins" who produce the food they eat....

Actually it probably has more to do with every election Thaksin takes part in being rigged in his favour ( as proven by 3 parties dissolved and banned for proven electoral fraud ). Also ridiculous populist policies that cripple the country's economy ( such as the rice scam ). So stop with your bullshit rhetoric and let's have some facts please.

Thaksin, tick, Election rigging, tick, Electoral fraud, tick, populist policies bankrupting the country, tick.

Wait a minute, you forgot something.

Vote buying tuzki-bunny-emoticon-023.gif

Edited by fab4

I wonder what would happen if red shirts laid siege to Bangkok.

Didn't they already do that in 2010?

My idea was blocking main supply routes into Bangkok (which would be a siege) rather than the strategy used of occupy (2010 and now). Does go against main rule of "never get between a Thai and their food"

I wonder what would happen if red shirts laid siege to Bangkok.

Didn't they already do that in 2010?

My idea was blocking main supply routes into Bangkok (which would be a siege) rather than the strategy used of occupy (2010 and now). Does go against main rule of "never get between a Thai and their food"

So, what's going to happen? Is Issan going to cut Bangkok off from rice shipments. Seems like there is already a surplus of that from neighboring countries. Besides rice, what other major foodstuffs does Issan or even the rest of Thailand produce? Lots of food processing plants in Samut Sakhorn and Nakhon Pathom, but they are easily controlled and don't see any sort of siege being able to be put in place there. Otherwise, it would just be a lot of extra business for Villa and Foodland.