PM Yingluck to step down only her party loses in election

webfact

Caretaker Prime Ministers Yingluck Shinawatra reiterated she will step down only if her party loses in the February 2 general election.

So if PTP loses the elections, she agrees not to be prime minister. If that isn't a generous offer facepalm.gif

Clear again from that statement that Yingluck has some empty rooms upstairs .

Talk about empty rooms upstairs. What part of the constitutional process of holding elections do you not understand? Apart from all of it?

She of her brother's DNA is doomed.

What do you think will happen to all the cases being looked at by the CC and the NACC?

Cheating with the votes

Cheating with the content of the bills

Cheating with opposition debating time

Refusing to recognise the CC

She may well find herself in Bang Kwang with a number of her protocol-challenged lackeys

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where else in the world could a P.M. who leads a party democratically elected by the people, be ordered to resign, except in a "banana republic"?

I am no fan of PTP, but how can this be possible?

Because beneath all the glitz and glamour it is a Banana Republic . I'm beginning to think you fancy her a bit Rat. wink.png

Well, there is something about a woman in a uniform with a thai round her neck? attachicon.gifys.jpgtongue.png

Love it when you talk dirty. Oohhh

Ohhhh knickers knackers knockers, Cosmo Smallpiece (Les Dawson-comic)cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

PM to step down only her party loses in election

No problem, you'll win, because big brother is preparing the taxpayers' robbed money for more votebuying and more backstabbing populist policies and Megaprojects, and abrakadabra, 6 months are gone and you can re-introduce amnesty bill again...

... flawless Pheu Thai style victory in advance... and you'll get your trip to Hawaii giggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Caretaker Prime Ministers Yingluck Shinawatra reiterated she will step down only if her party loses in the February 2 general election.

So if PTP loses the elections, she agrees not to be prime minister. If that isn't a generous offer facepalm.gif

Talk about empty rooms upstairs. What part of the constitutional process of holding elections do you not understand? Apart from all of it?

What do you think will happen to all the cases being looked at by the CC and the NACC?

Cheating with the votes

She may well find herself in Bang Kwang with a number of her protocol-challenged lackeys

I am not certain that DNA has anything to do with what Suthep has stirred into an issue.

The merits of the rest of your post simply describe the status quo of the "going's on" in this government. It is moot and nothing more than the unwritten "Thai Constitution" that supersedes what is written on paper.

If you do a read on the election processes, you will find that these processes are so riddled with opportunity for corruption and vulnerability to manipulation for any over-eager wealthy Thai (who never likes to lose at anything they set their sights to and will stoop to any level to attain), then it leads one to believe that no election will produce satisfactory results, which reflect the true intentions of the voters, and who they voted for, or were bribed to vote for. It is quite simply an impossibility.

I guess I am saying that every single elected official got their seat illegitimately, but you cannot blame any one official in that seat without also blaming the voting public for being stupid enough to allow their greed to change their vote, and/or their shame at showing their dissatisfaction in their own districts BEFORE we reach such a level of dissatisfaction to have to make a Big Show in Bangkok.

It would be a lot easier for the voting public to protest in their own districts and begin change there, before allowing their misguided intentions to be forwarded to higher levels which produce such a lopsided and questionable outcome.

I guess they are too afraid to do that in their own distracts, where they reside in their own neighborhoods and homes. It would bring too much attention on to themselves and identify them to everyone around them. No way they would call out one of their own candidates, whom they know full well will go on to "buy" their way into a higher office, and whom these voters tolerate because they have a few bahts in their sweaty palms. That is the only and the last benefit they see in these elections, as once their candidates move on, they are forgotten.

It is far too easy to be "Thai" and go to Bangkok and act like idiots; ...where anonymity is secured in the masses and no one sitting near you knows who you are; ...a bunch of moral cowards who mass together and think that violence and shouting equates to some kind of legitimate issue.

Not protesting this at a grass roots level, in their own districts, before these crooks that the people drool all over move on to Parliament, is about as entertaining as watching the frogs in the pot of water that is on the fire. The frogs enjoy the very element that leads to their dissatisfaction and "protest" as they experience eventual ruin in boiling water.

Idiots all!

Where else in the world could a P.M. who leads a party democratically elected by the people, be ordered to resign, except in a "banana republic"?

Oh! i always thought that "The Banana Republic" was Jamaica. Do u even know what time of the day it is?

Banana republic is a political science term for a politically unstable country whose economy is largely dependent on the export of a single limited-resource product (ex. Bananas.) It typically has stratified social classes, including a large, impoverished working class and a ruling plutocracy that comprises the elites of business, politics, and the military.This politico-economic oligarchy controls the primary-sector productions and thereby exploits the country's economy.

cheesy.gif

Because beneath all the glitz and glamour it is a Banana Republic . I'm beginning to think you fancy her a bit Rat. xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

Not often I agree with you L.D. but I do this time. In fact I think Ratty has been looking at Ying all "goo-goo eyed" ! w00t.gif

• Like 1

Because beneath all the glitz and glamour it is a Banana Republic . I'm beginning to think you fancy her a bit Rat. xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

Not often I agree with you L.D. but I do this time. In fact I think Ratty has been looking at Ying all "goo-goo eyed" ! w00t.gif

Suit yourselves, whatever Ha ha

I'd rather have an Aberdeen Angus sirloin steak any time than our lady here.

"everything has to follow constitutional democracy and the rule of law."

How would it be first to revoke the passport of a convicted criminal,

who is unfortunately, the older brother of the (caretaker) Prime Minister?

The Ombudsman has been waiting still long for a response in this lawless case!

Another soundbite. The Ombudsman issued a recommendation that the reissue of a passport by the Foreign Ministry should be reviewed. That's it. No talk of breaking laws - even if it was deemed a law breaking offence it would be the Foreign Minister at the time who would be the one accused not Yingluck.

So what has your off topic whinging about passports have to do with either constitutional democracy or the rule of law with respect to Yingluck stepping down from the position of Caretaker PM or not?

The answer : SFA.

SFA?

What does it mean?

I don't know either, but then again I don't understand "trollspeak".......................whistling.gif

• Like 2

Another soundbite. The Ombudsman issued a recommendation that the reissue of a passport by the Foreign Ministry should be reviewed. That's it. No talk of breaking laws - even if it was deemed a law breaking offence it would be the Foreign Minister at the time who would be the one accused not Yingluck.

So what has your off topic whinging about passports have to do with either constitutional democracy or the rule of law with respect to Yingluck stepping down from the position of Caretaker PM or not?

SFA?

What does it mean?

I don't know either, but then again I don't understand "trollspeak".......................whistling.gif

Well I am sure it doesn't mean a sugary football association.cheesy.gifcoffee1.gif

• Like 2

"Speaking at a brief press conference at the Thai Army Club, Ms Yingluck said firmly that she would not step down as demanded by the PDRC because she came from election through democratic process, and therefore should would step down only through the same process which is accepted in the world."

Almost true - she just missed out the bit about unless you're caught lying, cheating, ignoring the law and parliamentary rules, and openly defying the courts and rule of law.

She should google words like - honor, resign, dignity, truth and impeachment. Or she could ask her caddy too !

• Like 1

How about the bit about "free and fair elections"

No bribery, no intimidation, no telling people who they must vote for, no checking to make sure they do.

Let's see how far the international observers idea goes.

Because beneath all the glitz and glamour it is a Banana Republic . I'm beginning to think you fancy her a bit Rat. wink.png

So not elected by the people only the party. If we lose I will step down (because I will not be in the limelight, no trips abroad, no perks, less mobile bills, no more free aircraft seat, family would be out so I will also.

To be fair if you have the fight you will stay on in opposition and want for your people to return to power, but alas telling the truth you would be useless in the house in opposition to argue against KORN (wish) Yingluck you did what was asked by your brother, and the party. NOT BY the ELECTORATE they didn't vote you in.

If your party do get re-elected it will not be because of your leadership. ONLY money will return you in office.

Not even elected by the party.

Thaksins thinks, Puea Thai does what HE tells them to do.

• Like 1

Cheating with the votes

I am not certain that DNA has anything to do with what Suthep has stirred into an issue.

The merits of the rest of your post simply describe the status quo of the "going's on" in this government. It is moot and nothing more than the unwritten "Thai Constitution" that supersedes what is written on paper.

If you do a read on the election processes, you will find that these processes are so riddled with opportunity for corruption and vulnerability to manipulation for any over-eager wealthy Thai (who never likes to lose at anything they set their sights to and will stoop to any level to attain), then it leads one to believe that no election will produce satisfactory results, which reflect the true intentions of the voters, and who they voted for, or were bribed to vote for. It is quite simply an impossibility.

I guess I am saying that every single elected official got their seat illegitimately, but you cannot blame any one official in that seat without also blaming the voting public for being stupid enough to allow their greed to change their vote, and/or their shame at showing their dissatisfaction in their own districts BEFORE we reach such a level of dissatisfaction to have to make a Big Show in Bangkok.

It would be a lot easier for the voting public to protest in their own districts and begin change there, before allowing their misguided intentions to be forwarded to higher levels which produce such a lopsided and questionable outcome.

I guess they are too afraid to do that in their own distracts, where they reside in their own neighborhoods and homes. It would bring too much attention on to themselves and identify them to everyone around them. No way they would call out one of their own candidates, whom they know full well will go on to "buy" their way into a higher office, and whom these voters tolerate because they have a few bahts in their sweaty palms. That is the only and the last benefit they see in these elections, as once their candidates move on, they are forgotten.

It is far too easy to be "Thai" and go to Bangkok and act like idiots; ...where anonymity is secured in the masses and no one sitting near you knows who you are; ...a bunch of moral cowards who mass together and think that violence and shouting equates to some kind of legitimate issue.

Not protesting this at a grass roots level, in their own districts, before these crooks that the people drool all over move on to Parliament, is about as entertaining as watching the frogs in the pot of water that is on the fire. The frogs enjoy the very element that leads to their dissatisfaction and "protest" as they experience eventual ruin in boiling water.

Idiots all!

Great post.

You've got to feel sorry for reds living in yellow land and yellows living in red land. That's probably a large part of why the megalopolis with its inherent anonymity is the preferred battle ground

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Probably you need to be a little more circumspect about referring to "empty rooms upstairs" when the context clearly indicates she will relinquish her party leadership position if PTP loses the election.

Speaking of being circumspect about other people having empty rooms upstairs, she isn't the party leader.

Jarupong Ruangsuwan is.

Perhaps her context isn't as clear as some might have thought it was.

I didn't say she was and in fact my words were carefully chosen to convey she was among the leaders not the top one.

Thai politics. Anything goes.

Actually, the PTP winning the election may be a blessing in disguise for AV, but I am sure he doesn't see it this way. The rice scheme is, allegedly, fraught with problems to the point that at sometime we could possibly see malfeasance suits.

I wouldn't be surprised if Yingluck has told Thaksin she doesn't want to be PM again but will continue to pretend she will take the post again to boost votes for Pheua Thai.

They have no other pin-up poster boys or girls. Pongthep is cute but rather dull and Chaturon's voice is too reedy to attract the grassroots.

On the other hand the Democrats are brimming with intellect and personal magnetism- Apisit, Korn and Dr Surin come to mind.

I wouldn't be surprised if Yingluck has told Thaksin she doesn't want to be PM again but will continue to pretend she will take the post again to boost votes for Pheua Thai.

They have no other pin-up poster boys or girls. Pongthep is cute but rather dull and Chaturon's voice is too reedy to attract the grassroots.

On the other hand the Democrats are brimming with intellect and personal magnetism- Apisit, Korn and Dr Surin come to mind.

Good point. I hadn't thought about her stepping down post election. If she does get to step down, it would be the happiest day of her life.

I'll be glad to see Yingluck no longer PM ... BUT I think she should stay in power until the Feb. 2 election. I hope she doesn't win that election but if she does, so be it ... that's the way democracy works. Meanwhile Suthep is a fool for his stand on disallowing new election and appointing his fantasy, non-elected people's committee (or whatever he calls it). That, for sure, is not democracy.

Unfortunately too many Thais ... on both sides ... are not knowledgeable enough about democracy to make it work. Thus 18 coups since 1932.

I hated it when Regan was in power for eight loooong years and ditto with Bush Jr. But that's sometimes the price of democracy, so I kept telling myself "This too will pass" ... and, thank God, it did.

• Like 1

Oh! i always thought that "The Banana Republic" was Jamaica. Do u even know what time of the day it is?

The phrase Banana Republic is not exclusive to Jamaica by any means. It has been applied to many tropical third-world countries ... but originally only to ones in Latin America.

So, do you even know what day it is?

Your usual banal attempt at fudging the issues and avoiding the reality.

Yingluck's government issued a passport to a convicted criminal fugitive, who also happens to be her brother, and is wanted on outstanding more serious charges. The passport was issued by the foreign office, during the most serious flooding in memory, and was opened especially for this, by the foreign minister, her cousin. The passport was then delivered by diplomatic process to the criminal fugitive. Wonder who payed for all this? The taxpayer? PM using government machinery and money to benefit a member of her family at a time of national disaster?

The Ombudsman rightly questioned this and a sought an explanation. Over 2.5 years later, this is still not answered and simply treated with the usual contempt that any questioning receives.

I'm not surprised you don't see anything wrong in this. After all, she was "democratically elected' so she can do what she wants".

I thought I made myself clear - just listing what posters do not like about the PTP government and linking that to every thread response they make no matter how off topic, does not make for interesting reading.

I was just pointing out, that whatever the legalities, ethics or whatever else you want to apply, whether the ombudsman is still waiting for an answer about Thaksins reissued passport or not , it has got #@%$ all to do with the thread we are currently on.

If you and the rest of your brethren wish to discuss passports please feel free to go to the correct thread and do so.

Where else in the world could a P.M. who leads a party democratically elected by the people, reject the Constitution Court ruling and still be in place???

Where else in the world can you pay cash for millions of votes yet still claim to be democratically elected?

Unfortunately a lot of countries. Thailand didn't invent it and it sure as hell doesn't have an exclusive.

Your usual banal attempt at fudging the issues and avoiding the reality.

Yingluck's government issued a passport to a convicted criminal fugitive, who also happens to be her brother, and is wanted on outstanding more serious charges. The passport was issued by the foreign office, during the most serious flooding in memory, and was opened especially for this, by the foreign minister, her cousin. The passport was then delivered by diplomatic process to the criminal fugitive. Wonder who payed for all this? The taxpayer? PM using government machinery and money to benefit a member of her family at a time of national disaster?

The Ombudsman rightly questioned this and a sought an explanation. Over 2.5 years later, this is still not answered and simply treated with the usual contempt that any questioning receives.

I'm not surprised you don't see anything wrong in this. After all, she was "democratically elected' so she can do what she wants".

I thought I made myself clear - just listing what posters do not like about the PTP government and linking that to every thread response they make no matter how off topic, does not make for interesting reading.

I was just pointing out, that whatever the legalities, ethics or whatever else you want to apply, whether the ombudsman is still waiting for an answer about Thaksins reissued passport or not , it has got #@%$ all to do with the thread we are currently on.

If you and the rest of your brethren wish to discuss passports please feel free to go to the correct thread and do so.

Absolutely correct, my dear chap. this topic is on Ms. Yingluck.

She wants to be left in peace and quiet and therefore will step down when her party looses. Does that make sense though?

I think I see what you mean but surely none of the Dems you mention really appeal to the grass roots.

Abhisit and Korn have considerable intellects.My feeling is that Surin is comparitively speaking a light weight - a very overrated bureaucrat type who bends with the breeze.

Korn and Surin do have real charisma but as noted above they don't have a very broad appeal.

Where I completely disagree with you is on Abhisit's personal magnetism.He doesn't have any - though the Chinese granny element would probably disagree.

The Dems' best hope was Alongkorn - but he just got the bum's rush.

Where I fully agree with you is on the PTP's poor offering of leaders.

Edited by jayboy

We're you here when the red shirts aka Thaksins hired thugs set fire to Bangkok! how could this be possible but only in a banana republic .