Buying a new bike

dogpoo

You ride a Forza? All of 24 hp? You the man! 555! No wonder you hate loud pipes.

Oh, but your new bike has 46 hp? These bloody hooligans with their big bikes! What's the world coming to?

You big girl's blouse!

Lol mate you are one miserable human being!! Go back to your oh so boring clothing thread, my god is there no humor with you real big bikers, sad very sad. Ha ha

Correct me if I am wrong, you have a powerful bike, can you legally drive on the roads faster than me? I thought not!!

Edited by dogpoo

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You ride a Forza? All of 24 hp? You the man! 555! No wonder you hate loud pipes.

Oh, but your new bike has 46 hp? These bloody hooligans with their big bikes! What's the world coming to?

You big girl's blouse!

are you seriously telling me the Forza is only 24bhp <deleted> hell I thought it was 25bhp that's why I bought it, not happy!!

good choice to get cb500x, congrats and spend the 100 k for fuel and service for 5 years!

I'm happy with the choice, a few extras on the bike will make it go faster, who will bite? Seriously though all fun aside it's the best possible choices for me, 24hp and 46hp doesn't sound a lot but they certainly shift, it's all about the fun of driving a bike, any bike!!

24hp 160hp you can't go faster than me legally can you? I wonder if anyone will argue this point?

Edited by dogpoo

I love the Forza and don't want to part with it, I feel I am being pressured to buy the Honda because of the discounted prices, so I am going to get a second bike which will be manual, best of both worlds, Forza for the traffic riding and the second bike for my trips to Cha am plus a couple of places I visit often here on Phuket that has light traffic, love manual bikes away from heavy traffic, it's not a problem should I encounter traffic on my trips but never have in the last 4 years so all is good, I will let Xmas slide by then go back to Kawasaki or maybe Honda and either get the Versys or the Ninja1000SX and from Honda maybe the CB500X but practicality says it will be the Versys or CB500X.This has been a first for me, it's the first time ever I have not rushed in and bought something on a whim, doesn't feel so good but it's probably saved me a shed load of money! Have a great Xmas to all!!

It's been like watching paint dry for us! (Joke)

Merry Xmas and safe riding on something in 2014

Lol have a good one!

there used to be a poster on here ,lived in phuket as well ,he had the z1000 for a short while and obviously sold it as just not practical for phuket ,he also had one of them nissian micra things,its not you by any chance is it.

i think you really better sticking with the forzait seems to tick all your boxes

Are you asking me or telling me?
just asking mate ,but my personal opion is that it is/was you and this whole thread is a wind up......lol Edited by taninthai

there used to be a poster on here ,lived in phuket as well ,he had the z1000 for a short while and obviously sold it as just not practical for phuket ,he also had one of them nissian micra things,its not you by any chance is it.

i think you really better sticking with the forzait seems to tick all your boxes

just asking mate ,but my personal opini

Yes the Forza does tick all my wants, it's a great bike for the traffic and for just driving around which I do an awful lot, the CB500X will be used for my trips north, I have the best of both worlds and two bikes that go as fast as any other legally, top speed of the Forza approx 140kph top speed of the CB approx 180kph speeds I will never do, go faster than this and your chances of being involved in something nasty are a lot greater, my comfort speed is between 80/90kph on the main highway! I mentioned in previous posts that I was looking for a bike that could easily cruise at 140kph it was just a request I would never drive at this speed, speed does nothing for me, the enjoyment of riding sensibly and at lower speeds is what floats my boat, have a good Xmas!

No this thread is not a wind up, I enjoy reading reading many threads and posting in many threads, maybe I don't contribute enough technical information to the liking of some other posters, we are all different in that respect! I prefer to keep it simple and have a laugh along the way, some threads on here are just so boringggggg and lack any humor, what's wrong with a little laugh in between the serious stuff, to the people that are boring I say get a life, have a laugh it's free!!

Edited by dogpoo
  • Like 1

FWIW I just put an Auto Clutch (Rekluse) in my bike and it absolutely rocks.

Friken' awesome to cruise around town on something with power and not have to worry about clutching it all the time.

Still grab the clutch out of habit, but being able to get through the maze of traffic in and around Asoke with the Auto is absolute magic!

Just my 2 cents.

What bike do you ride? Does this work with all manual bikes?

I ride a CRF450, and the clutch works for the off-road/trail/MX style bikes only I believe?

Fairly old and simple technology, but works great for me!

Yes the Forza does tick all my wants, it's a great bike for the traffic and for just driving around which I do an awful lot, the CB500X will be used for my trips north, I have the best of both worlds and two bikes that go as fast as any other legally, top speed of the Forza approx 140kph top speed of the CB approx 180kph speeds I will never do, go faster than this and your chances of being involved in something nasty are a lot greater, my comfort speed is between 80/90kph on the main highway! I mentioned in previous posts that I was looking for a bike that could easily cruise at 140kph it was just a request I would never drive at this speed, speed does nothing for me, the enjoyment of riding sensibly and at lower speeds is what floats my boat, have a good Xmas!

No this thread is not a wind up, I enjoy reading reading many threads and posting in many threads, maybe I don't contribute enough technical information to the liking of some other posters, we are all different in that respect! I prefer to keep it simple and have a laugh along the way, some threads on here are just so boringggggg and lack any humor, what's wrong with a little laugh in between the serious stuff, to the people that are boring I say get a life, have a laugh it's free!!

Well you certainly are giving us all a good laugh.

Well you certainly are giving us all a good laugh.

Well thank you mate it's always nice to know you are helping the mentally challenged!! are you one of the boring people?

Edited by dogpoo

Decided to give the CB500 a miss, now have the NC700X DCT, awesome bike for a pleasure biker such as myself, sounds a Little bit like a Kawa thumper, engine guard with twin Motech spot lights fitted, 12v outlet fitted, top case yet to be purchased but sooo expensive, seat is not great so something needs to be done about that, it's great to have auto in all this traffic, only used the auto function so far, manual mode to be tried soon, no hurry, looking forward to my first road trip to Cha am in the near future! Just over 100k less than book price so a good deal!!

According to big wing many people changing to autos here, don't blame them the traffic is awful!!

Didn't get the gf anything for Xmas, she's not happy but I am!!

Edited by dogpoo

Decided to give the CB500 a miss, now have the NC700X DCT, awesome bike for a pleasure biker such as myself, sounds a Little bit like a Kawa thumper, engine guard with twin Motech spot lights fitted, 12v outlet fitted, top case yet to be purchased but sooo expensive, seat is not great so something needs to be done about that, it's great to have auto in all this traffic, only used the auto function so far, manual mode to be tried soon, no hurry, looking forward to my first road trip to Cha am in the near future! Just over 100k less than book price so a good deal!! According to big wing many people changing to autos here, don't blame them the traffic is awful!! Didn't get the gf anything for Xmas, she's not happy but I am!!

Congrats on your new purchase :)

mind if I ask how much you paid? including tax/insurance

Nice to have a nice new Christmas present . Congrads enjoy your ride!

Cheers mate gf is not so happy!!

It is of course real bad of you not to get her at least something. Plus if your not giving her anything and making her economize while splashing out on yourself i can understand the feeling. Not a smart move to make. I splash out on myself but make sure she get at least something for Christmas.

Let me put it this way, my money is my money it's not hers, I look after her daughter and I pay for absolutely everything, she works, , she thinks her money is hers and she thinks my money is hers, sorry not in my world!

Where did you get this economize quote from?

Anyway back on topic!!

Edited by dogpoo

Decided to give the CB500 a miss, now have the NC700X DCT, awesome bike for a pleasure biker such as myself, sounds a Little bit like a Kawa thumper, engine guard with twin Motech spot lights fitted, 12v outlet fitted, top case yet to be purchased but sooo expensive, seat is not great so something needs to be done about that, it's great to have auto in all this traffic, only used the auto function so far, manual mode to be tried soon, no hurry, looking forward to my first road trip to Cha am in the near future! Just over 100k less than book price so a good deal!! According to big wing many people changing to autos here, don't blame them the traffic is awful!! Didn't get the gf anything for Xmas, she's not happy but I am!!

photos or you didnt buybiggrin.png

Let me put it this way, my money is my money it's not hers, I look after her daughter and I pay for absolutely everything, she works, , she thinks her money is hers and she thinks my money is hers, sorry not in my world! Where did you get this economize quote from? Anyway back on topic!!

I have the same thing with my gf money wise.

Where i got the economize from you talking about expensive fishing ponds while splashing out on a bike. Sounded a bit like you needed to be careful with your money. Anyway forget about it.

Let me put it this way, my money is my money it's not hers, I look after her daughter and I pay for absolutely everything, she works, , she thinks her money is hers and she thinks my money is hers, sorry not in my world! Where did you get this economize quote from? Anyway back on topic!!

I have the same thing with my gf money wise.

Where i got the economize from you talking about expensive fishing ponds while splashing out on a bike. Sounded a bit like you needed to be careful with your money. Anyway forget about it.

It's okay no problem, I can understand your post, how's your Xmas been so far?

• Like 1

nice, happy rides and congrats. good and sensible choice. comfy bike.

i ma sure it lasts forever and enjoy tractor like low down torque from 1000 rpm!

how much you paid for the protector and aux lights?

get some hand guards, panniers and a pipe too!

did you find it heavy?

post your impressions about the bike. thanks.

nice, happy rides and congrats. good and sensible choice. comfy bike.

i ma sure it lasts forever and enjoy tractor like low down torque from 1000 rpm!

how much you paid for the protector and aux lights?

get some hand guards, panniers and a pipe too!

did you find it heavy?

post your impressions about the bike. thanks.

The spot lights are Motech they were 9k approx! They can be switched on and off, Looking for the top case but everything for this bike is expensive, waiting for the rear wheel hugger at some point, hand guards yes but no hurry for them it's not heavy!

It's a great bike, sounds a bit like the Kawa Er6n, you can hear the bike changing gear and it's pretty much perfect, manual mode is very good and good for the traffic as it prevents the bike changing up hundreds of time over 100yards, the traffic here is awful, the compartment at the front where the fuel tank is on other bikes is great, 12v outlet is a must on any bike as you can inflate after a puncture! this is the first thing I always get on bikes! I carry the tools and plugs to sort it, the seat is not comfy, so have to look into making it better, no plans to change the exhaust it sounds great to me!

Edited by dogpoo