Oil filled radiaitors

sean in udon

Have found the topic Space Haters In Udon Thani? which includes info about oil filled radiators, but it dates back to 2008.

Before I go searching Udon, can anybody make a suggestion of where to find oil filled radiators?

Have enquired at Tesco & Home Pro with no success.

• Like 1

Don't like your chances, we brought our from Australia. Only did so because we had just bought a new one there and we had plenty of room in a shipping container.

Never thought we'd use it here but over the past week, we've been so glad to have it!

Hope you can find one!

• Like 1

I saw oil filled radiators in Global House in Khon Kaen & Chaiyaphum if that helps. Other options for heat, since is is pretty chilly, I saw a Dyson Heat in Index, one of which I own, and they are awesome

Edited by GinBoy2

I've seen one model of oil filled heaters at the Korat Global House. It was not a name brand, but Global House in my experience will honor the money back warranty if the product is defective for 30 days. The heater was under 3000 baht when I considered it at the Global House in Korat. A name brand appliance that is sold in Thailand is Delonghi. I had not seen if they stock or service the oil filled portable heaters in Thailand that De'Longhi sells at big box retailers in the United States and Canada.

De'Longhi - Thailand

I purchased one from Global about 6 years ago, and even though it was actually used very little, it was a true blessing when we did use it... Then just last week, about a week into the current Cold Spell, it started leaking oil, so I retired it and went shopping for a Replacement....

Two weeks into a Cold Spell is not the time to look for a heater of any kind.... Global House just laughed as they told us "all sold last week"... Since that time I have looked at 3 different Global's, Home Pro, Baan Beyond, and various lesser known Home Improvement Centers with none available..

A friend here has a close friend in Austriala whom I could have purchase a decent space heater there and ship / send it to Thailand, but not sure what all costs would be involved getting it here...

Pianoman

I bought a "Solar" brand oil filled heater at Global House in Udon Thani about 5 years ago.

Still going strong, use it every winter to keep the bedroom warm.

There's a lot more hardware outlets around now so take a look around, there're out there you just have to find them

Thanks for all the replies.

Went searching yesterday afternoon in Udon.

Tried Makro, big C, Global House, Power Buy, Home Mart and a couple of others that i can't remember.

Global House gave the same response as pianoman 'had but now finish'.

Everywhere else I got 'my mee' .

Bought a 2KW electric grill from Power Buy. Cost 554baht. http://www.mamaru.co.th/mr-1411.html

Not ideal, but I have no kids to worry about & it does the job. Was lovely & warm last night.

Thanks for all the replies.

Went searching yesterday afternoon in Udon.

Tried Makro, big C, Global House, Power Buy, Home Mart and a couple of others that i can't remember.

Global House gave the same response as pianoman 'had but now finish'.

Everywhere else I got 'my mee' .

Bought a 2KW electric grill from Power Buy. Cost 554baht. http://www.mamaru.co.th/mr-1411.html

Not ideal, but I have no kids to worry about & it does the job. Was lovely & warm last night.

That'll work, and if you wake up hungry you can toast yourself a sandwichlicklips.gif.pagespeed.ce.v-hsVd-Wpu.gif

Piano man, try Hone Shop, there is one in Roi-et and Kuchinarai. They have heaters that look like a fan, I guess they're called radiant heaters. ฿1,050, they work pretty good, they take a while to heat a room, but if you put one next to where you're sitting, they will keep you warm.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Piano man, try Hone Shop, there is one in Roi-et and Kuchinarai. They have heaters that look like a fan, I guess they're called radiant heaters. ฿1,050, they work pretty good, they take a while to heat a room, but if you put one next to where you're sitting, they will keep you warm.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks George... I sent you a PM regarding the above...

Pianoman