Anti-govt forces have a new 'bogeyman' - the Western media

webfact

I find the anti foreign line vaguely amusing.

Between Thai Chinese, Japanese and American with a bit of European money thrown in, what the hell would there be here?

Educated person... Well we've seen the statistics. Despite going to chula as a vet where would that put anyone statistically in the global line of academic achievement?

Somewhere around A levels I would gauge. On this issue of world perception, Thailand has NO ONE to blame but themselves.

Why do you find it necessary to continually denigrate the academic achievements of those whose ideas differ from your own, while proclaiming the right of every citizen to vote?

Why are the views of elected politicians (Churchill, JFK etc) worth more than that of a King's graduate (what's Geography got to do with the world?) Or a Chula vet's views shouldn't be considered, while the village idiot(s) votes are sacrosanct?

Which views are the sillier, those expressed by these graduates, or that a corrupt convicted criminal running the country by proxy is beneficial?

Because I challenge the very premise of people making such gross generalisations such as these to be in general, well educated.

The fact that the statement is made by someone who is claimed to be well educated doesn't make it any more worthy. Going to a decent school doesn't make your statement automatically worthy. There are plenty of highly educated politicians all over the world who's ideas don't stand up to academic or real world analysis. There are plenty more I don't agree with, but at least they tend to be considered views, not just opportunistic rants.

Does the fact that this bloke is reportedly "well educated" make his statement any more valid? Not in my opinion no sir. I think he should rather look at the issues in the thai system before he rails at the western media.

So far, I don't think any of the sides have come up with a practical plan. Getting rid of the votes doesn't work, having a coup doesn't work, and having a constituonal pardon doesn't work politically.

I await the leaders or this protest to actually come up with hard proposals of what they propose to reform if they suspend elections. But that seems like a very bad plan.

Taking the lesser of two evils is normally the way forward so I predict there will probably be a coup and a lot of violence.

What is right, what is practical, what is achievable and what is desirable are all different things.

Step by step.

I listed what they should reform elsewhere.

One only has to listen to the nonsense that comes out of the mouths of Oxbridge or Ivy league educated politicians on both sides of the aisle to know that academic excellence is no guarantee of sense.

He could have a masters in political science from say Cambridge, or a needlework degree from maha sarakham. They claim he is "well educated". That's their words not mine.

Do you find his arguments justified, proven and well formed?

But you also claim that being uneducated doesn't make their views any less valid. Or is 1 man 1 vote only referring to the right to sell it?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I find the anti foreign line vaguely amusing.

Between Thai Chinese, Japanese and American with a bit of European money thrown in, what the hell would there be here?

Educated person... Well we've seen the statistics. Despite going to chula as a vet where would that put anyone statistically in the global line of academic achievement?

Somewhere around A levels I would gauge. On this issue of world perception, Thailand has NO ONE to blame but themselves.

Why do you find it necessary to continually denigrate the academic achievements of those whose ideas differ from your own, while proclaiming the right of every citizen to vote?

Why are the views of elected politicians (Churchill, JFK etc) worth more than that of a King's graduate (what's Geography got to do with the world?) Or a Chula vet's views shouldn't be considered, while the village idiot(s) votes are sacrosanct?

Which views are the sillier, those expressed by these graduates, or that a corrupt convicted criminal running the country by proxy is beneficial?

Because I challenge the very premise of people making such gross generalisations such as these to be in general, well educated.

The fact that the statement is made by someone who is claimed to be well educated doesn't make it any more worthy. Going to a decent school doesn't make your statement automatically worthy. There are plenty of highly educated politicians all over the world who's ideas don't stand up to academic or real world analysis. There are plenty more I don't agree with, but at least they tend to be considered views, not just opportunistic rants.

Does the fact that this bloke is reportedly "well educated" make his statement any more valid? Not in my opinion no sir. I think he should rather look at the issues in the thai system before he rails at the western media.

So far, I don't think any of the sides have come up with a practical plan. Getting rid of the votes doesn't work, having a coup doesn't work, and having a constituonal pardon doesn't work politically.

I await the leaders or this protest to actually come up with hard proposals of what they propose to reform if they suspend elections. But that seems like a very bad plan.

Taking the lesser of two evils is normally the way forward so I predict there will probably be a coup and a lot of violence.

What is right, what is practical, what is achievable and what is desirable are all different things.

Step by step.

I listed what they should reform elsewhere.

One only has to listen to the nonsense that comes out of the mouths of Oxbridge or Ivy league educated politicians on both sides of the aisle to know that academic excellence is no guarantee of sense.

He could have a masters in political science from say Cambridge, or a needlework degree from maha sarakham. They claim he is "well educated". That's their words not mine.

Do you find his arguments justified, proven and well formed?

But you also claim that being uneducated doesn't make their views any less valid. Or is 1 man 1 vote only referring to the right to sell it?

No, of course not. The issue is not the foreign media. The issue is Thailand's inability to enforce laws.

JRSoul

"While the TVF "red-shirt farangs" remain anonymous, I recall those identified and deported in 2010. Relatively speaking, he most certainly is really smart."

would you care to name them. If they are anonymous why is it you know who they are and no one else does.

The real identity of Santa Claus is anonymous and we all know there is no such person. I suspect your anonymous people fall into the same catergory. We do know some red shirt supporters who fled the country but none that were deported. If so please name them and why they were deported.

He's talking about red shirt Farangs jeff savage from UK and conor purcell from australia who were both deported.

Not sure what their forum nickname ID's were (or are), but as active red shirt participants, one has to presume they were (or are) spreading their messages here.

post-195136-13880170684807_thumb.jpgpost-195136-13880170845104_thumb.jpg

Edited by Maha Sarakham Marty

If this was a trade, like a futures contact for life in Thailand for foreigners, one should be suitably hedged. Risk to live and property just hit an all time high. And its blue skies from here. But will we be able to survive the unseasonal hurricane first

Sent from my Lenovo A516 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He's a vet. Wow. Should I bow to his superiority because he went to chula? Wooooo. He must be weely weely smart..

What got up his nose?

While the TVF "red-shirt farangs" remain anonymous, I recall those identified and deported in 2010. Relatively speaking, he most certainly is really smart.

He also happens to be engaged in an occupation for which I have a lot of respect.

One of them was Briton Jeff Savage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtfUy16X9Q0

On this issue of world perception, Thailand has NO ONE to blame but themselves.

This is the Hub of shooting yourself in the foot. And they've been doing it for decades. If they continue shooting themselves in the foot at the same rate, they might eventually strike oil.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Yunla
  • Like 1

If it is not to much bother to you two could you explain to me what Suthep's plans for the expat community are? I must have been napping when he gave out these plans of doom and gloom for expats.

Why is it no matter who is speaking they have bad plans for the expat community? Never good plans. Year after year yet nothing ever changes.

You need someone to explain to you why a facist government would be bad for immigrants ??

• Like 1

He's a vet. Wow. Should I bow to his superiority because he went to chula? Wooooo. He must be weely weely smart..

What got up his nose?

While the TVF "red-shirt farangs" remain anonymous, I recall those identified and deported in 2010. Relatively speaking, he most certainly is really smart.

He also happens to be engaged in an occupation for which I have a lot of respect.

That's the spirit-- denunciations- then the midnight knock on the door-

And then- the knock comes to your door.

And you squeal -but I'm with the revolution.

Aw well- those who don't know history will play it out as it has been played so often in the past.

Edited by blaze
  • Like 1

If it is not to much bother to you two could you explain to me what Suthep's plans for the expat community are? I must have been napping when he gave out these plans of doom and gloom for expats.

Why is it no matter who is speaking they have bad plans for the expat community? Never good plans. Year after year yet nothing ever changes.

You need someone to explain to you why a facist government would be bad for immigrants ??

On *this* forum ? Yes.

And I'll tell you why.

The one-size-fits-all, all purpose, "a million uses for this nifty gadget" expat balm for every abuse and contre-temps is (wait for it) the just-add-Chang-and-stir *Thai Bash*"

Instant credibility for the ignoramus, instant fraternity for the under attended and loveless and instant pedigree for the déclassé.

Problem is that we all know the "bash" in Thai Bash NEVER happens. It's just a figure of speech . . . . . an hyperbole.

In real life fascist group thought, it's the oddly plumed, weirdly accoutred, strangely spoken who get bashed.

That's US, funseekers ;-)

• Like 1

On *this* forum ? Yes.

And I'll tell you why.

The one-size-fits-all, all purpose, "a million uses for this nifty gadget" expat balm for every abuse and contre-temps is (wait for it) the just-add-Chang-and-stir *Thai Bash*"

Instant credibility for the ignoramus, instant fraternity for the under attended and loveless and instant pedigree for the déclassé.

Problem is that we all know the "bash" in Thai Bash NEVER happens. It's just a figure of speech . . . . . an hyperbole.

In real life fascist group thought, it's the oddly plumed, weirdly accoutred, strangely spoken who get bashed.

I suspect there is some wisdom in this post- but damned if I can find it.

Thailand doesn't need foreigners in that case all foreign company's should leave Thailand and the mass unemployed can then go pick berrys like they used to before

Toyota, Honda, Isuzu, Seagate, just to name a few.

Won't be any berries to be found so back to the rice paddies. Or is that the plan anyway?

How does being a immigrant even affect the vast majority of farangs in Thailand, the vast majority of farangs in Thailand , read 99% of them are Not immigrants, being an legal immigrant infers some form of legal status.....ie PR, and in case of the Thai PR,s one suspects a "fascist" government will not be detrimental to their status in Thailand

How does being a immigrant even affect the vast majority of farangs in Thailand, the vast majority of farangs in Thailand , read 99% of them are Not immigrants, being an legal immigrant infers some form of legal status.....ie PR, and in case of the Thai PR,s one suspects a "fascist" government will not be detrimental to their status in Thailand

It says quite clearly on my visa that I am a 'Non Immigrant' although effectively I am a long term 'paying guest'.

Like most 'paying guests' if I behave myself and keep paying the bills on time I will most likely be welcome to stay, no matter which dictator is running the country.

That's the spirit-- denunciations- then the midnight knock on the door-

And then- the knock comes to your door.

And you squeal -but I'm with the revolution.

Aw well- those who don't know history will play it out as it has been played so often in the past.

If you wish to attend red shirt political rallies and make an idiot of yourself, you will be arrested on the street. Otherwise, it is only paranoia making your head spin.

On *this* forum ? Yes.

And I'll tell you why.

I suspect there is some wisdom in this post- but damned if I can find it.

Yeah. Should have said something like "pot kettle" or demonstrated soulful wit with a 140 character tweet. I'll try harder to be simplistic. Goes down better with warm beer and offal.

Cheers

If this was a trade, like a futures contact for life in Thailand for foreigners, one should be suitably hedged. Risk to live and property just hit an all time high. And its blue skies from here. But will we be able to survive the unseasonal hurricane first Sent from my Lenovo A516 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not if you go shortw00t.gif

• Like 1

Quote > ... The Thai version posted along with the delicious English version was in fact more vulgar, with
foreigners referred to with a pronoun normally reserved for animals - bang tua. Pathonpong was fed up ...<

Well, paramount in your situation Herr Pathonpong: &lt;deleted&gt; you too, that helps immediately!

Hm, hmmm, a severe case you are, indeed, tststs ... -> prescription:

Get yourself one Claymore ( -mine, that is) at the chemists and replace it with your TV-set, this is just a backup/failsafe and does save a lot of space.
Whilst you're at it at the pharmacy grab yourself one of these TNT-sticks usually on eyecatching display around cashiers.

Apply it rectally, single treatment, using lube or not won't matter much (longer), light the fuse as you start counting to 2,5 trillion and jump in triangles like Rumpelstilzchen - you are healed!

Next patient please ...

“The Thai version posted along with the delicious English version was in fact more vulgar, with foreigners referred to with a pronoun normally reserved for animals - bang tua. Pathonpong was fed up.”

“Farang Bang Tua” is an expression that is not only used by Pathompong Charoenwut. I have heard some of the Isaan workers at the apartment where I live refer to us as “Farang Bang Tua” (western animals) when we complain about problems with the Wifi or the TV signal.

BTW here is the Facebook of that gentleman: https://www.facebook.com/pathompong.charoenwut

Yesterday all his pictures were public, but now he has increased the level of privacy.

I really, really hope you are right. Further more I hope attitudes amongst the PDRC such as that displayed in the OP come from a very small minority.

“The Thai version posted along with the delicious English version was in fact more vulgar, with foreigners referred to with a pronoun normally reserved for animals - bang tua. Pathonpong was fed up.”

“Farang Bang Tua” is an expression that is not only used by Pathompong Charoenwut. I have heard some of the Isaan workers at the apartment where I live refer to us as “Farang Bang Tua” (western animals) when we complain about problems with the Wifi or the TV signal.

BTW here is the Facebook of that gentleman: https://www.facebook.com/pathompong.charoenwut

Yesterday all his pictures were public, but now he has increased the level of privacy.

... can i be bothered to even follow the link to his fcuckbook page? Didn't think so, my garden is more important & a-waiting as finally the temps here about 50 klicks south of ChRai are gettin' at least somewhere near they should be ...

Of course the punk ducked down, that's how they come, mouth far bigger than brain, let alone balls ... just >short< in any regard ... his opinion as important as a hummingbirds fart in Amazonas delta on a Wednesday at 0200 (am, local time) anyway ...

Cheers

• Like 1

Maybe we all should look more at well researched, excellent pieces of journalism like this one...

...I would rather have a handful of fire-ants shoved down my pants....

fire ants and a Shinawatra oligarchy. Showing your brilliance and class once again.

He fails to see that some foreigners also want to see the downfall of Thaksin and a peaceful and happy future for Thailand.

He fails to recognise that Thailand have always been happy to take the foreign aid handed out by western countries. Only now they are in a better financial position that foreign aid has been cut.

He also owes his high education to foreigners.

Why is this guy so bitter?.... or is he just a person who needs to hate something/somebody.

• Like 1

Maybe we all should look more at well researched, excellent pieces of journalism like this one...

...I would rather have a handful of fire-ants shoved down my pants....

fire ants and a Shinawatra oligarchy. Showing your brilliance and class once again.

What ever you are taking: can I have some?

• Like 1