One for long term expats- if you had to leave LOS tomorrow, what would you miss/ not miss.

thaibeachlovers

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Golden Retriever and I would miss our soi dogs because we say hello to them on our daily walks.

I dont take taxis but would miss driving these wonderful northern roads.

I would miss the good workmanship on our house and the lack of garbage in our neighborhood.

I would miss that the only real bureaucracy I deal with is my yearly visa renewal, with that process being quite painless.

No comment on IT cafes because I have internet at home in the rice field and keep in touch with my iPhone when I am out and about.

Since I am not going anywhere after living here for 36 years, I don't spend much time thinking about such things.

<would miss driving these wonderful northern roads>

Been on the Thaton to Chiang Rai road recently, LOL?

There is always one road or another, either in need of or under repair, and there is always an alternative route. It doesn't keep me from enjoying the drive and the view.smile.png

<there is always an alternative route>

Not really from Thaton to Chiang Rai, unless you want to go down to Chiang Mai and back up.

FYI, the road is bad because it was made badly, not just normal wear and tear.

• Like 1

We recently did the 109 from Chiang Rai to the 107, Fang and Doi Angkhang on a rather long road trip. No need to go all the way to Chiang Mai.

The worst section of the whole trip was probably Khun Yuam to Mae Chaem but I still had a great time because I love the remote feeling of that area.

Not sure I would miss anything.

Plenty of similar 3rd world countries out there.

Would anyone miss you? Or just the money? I mean is there anyone who would cry if you left, given you left them your money.

Both my children.

As for the wife, she would miss the money.

But you wouldn't miss the kids?

Would anyone miss you? Or just the money? I mean is there anyone who would cry if you left, given you left them your money.

Both my children.

As for the wife, she would miss the money.

But you wouldn't miss the kids?

Doesn't take long to buy a new wife and grow new kids.

Doesn't anyone read the OP properly? I specifically said <Leaving your wife out of the picture, if married/ in a long term relationship.> to avoid the type of replies that have been put on here recently sad.png .

Only thing I would miss is the cheap women.

I don't know if you have a Thai daughter but if you did would you tell her that. Ya, honey I came to Thailand for the cheap women. Or what about the men who do have a Thai daughter? How would you expect them to react when you are in the restaurant and at the next table is a Farang with his young daughter?

Was your father like you? Where did he go to meet cheap women? Fair Dinkum eh?

• Like 1

Only thing I would miss is the cheap women.

I don't know if you have a Thai daughter but if you did would you tell her that. Ya, honey I came to Thailand for the cheap women. Or what about the men who do have a Thai daughter? How would you expect them to react when you are in the restaurant and at the next table is a Farang with his young daughter?

Was your father like you? Where did he go to meet cheap women? Fair Dinkum eh?

i do have a thai teen daughter, and she does agree her mum is cheap.