AirAsia launches daily direct Chiang Mai-Hangzhou flight

webfact

AirAsia launches daily direct Chiang Mai-Hangzhou flight

BANGKOK, Thailand – AirAsia is ready to be the first and only airline to provide daily direct flights between Chiang Mai and Hangzhou in an affirmation of its leadership in connectivity to the Chinese market as well as in support of Chiang Mai becoming Thailand’s northern air travel hub.

The airline plays up its strengths of operating all new planes, maintaining a strong on-time record, and offering the lowest fares. Bookings are already available with special fares available for travel starting from 21 February, 2014 onward.

Mr. Tassapon Bijleveld, CEO of Thai AirAsia, pointed out that Chiang Mai has consistently displayed the ability to serve as an air travel hub and as an attractive destination for tourism investment with its varied travel appeal, which extends from cultural and religious to natural attractions. AirAsia has taken it upon itself to help foster Chiang Mai to become internationally important by increasing the frequency of flights and continually adding new routes to the city to chance its connectivity.

“The Chiang Mai-Hangzhou route is the pride of AirAsia as it is the latest connection between Chiang Mai and China; the world’s largest market and one of the fastest growing. On top of drawing Chinese travellers to visit and spend in Thailand, the route should also prove to be beneficial once Hangzhou becomes an accomplished center for tourism, business and transport. The city is already a convenient jump off point to Shanghai, which is only a little over an hour away by high speed train. This is sure to be another well received route” Mr. Tassapon remarked.

Full story: http://www.eturbonews.com/41211/airasia-launches-daily-direct-chiang-mai-hangzhou-flight

-- eTN 2013-12-30

Yet again Air Asia is leading the way to new destinations from Chiang Mai and should be applauded for doing so. All the routes they have opened so far have been successful and i'm sure this one will be as well. Can't be a bad thing to have a route to within an hours travel of Shanghai and we will be giving it a go later in the year.

• Like 1

Hangzhou good news,been there a few times after Kunming and Sanya perhaps the nicest Chinese city

Surrounding Lake Hu and a beer named after the Lake nice tea Gardens old stuff sadly destroyed in rest of China's past;.

In addition to Shanghai that is quicker than getting from KL airport to Kl

Suzhou with its famous gardens (rockeries more like) Wuxi Chanzhou,Ningbo and svn Nanjing are within just a few hours on super fast trains,just like C mai will have in 3 rd millennium at current rate.

Added bonus C Mai has a Chinese consulate which handily charges extra for US citizens as a compliment to their purchasing power and indomitable inability to be deterred by cash

On the other hand some chicken bone sweepers and spittoons may be required in the Lanna jewel as hosts of hungry visitors hit town

Mei Guanxi

Zaijian

Great news for CM resident farang, I'm sure.

Can you please expand your thoughts a little more?

Hard to know if you are serious or just slinging off!

He is saying that this is great news for people living in Chiang Mai. There are many flight options opening up for CM residents recently. It would definitely save travelers time since they don't have to connect in Bangkok as much. More non-stop flights is always a good thing!

He is saying that this is great news for people living in Chiang Mai. There are many flight options opening up for CM residents recently. It would definitely save travelers time since they don't have to connect in Bangkok as much. More non-stop flights is always a good thing!

Okay..........and thanks for that.

Was just not sure if he thought so what! With the last couple of words.

I agree with you (and him if applicable) that it is great news.

I've actually visited the part of China in question and it is really a great and beautiful area all around there.

Plus I am a loyal Air Asia user, as now retired their fares allow me to do so much more.

Air Asia continues to show the way. They are great for Chiang Mai, and all Thailand. Wish Tony Fernandez would buy Thai Air.

Agreed, by using their smaller planes, they've done what Thai Airways failed to do for so many years, and introduced a two-way link to Phuket (TG only offered one-way direct, returning via BKK) & Thai Smile are now reduced to playing catch-up.

Direct flights to Hat Yai (now twice-daily) have also been popular, Nok Air tried to compete but withdrew after only six months, and they also recently launched direct to Krabi ! thumbsup.gif

But short-haul flights to China would appear to have massive medium/long-term potential, for Chiang Mai & Bangkok & Phuket, as they start to travel in increasing numbers.

Just a pity that the national carrier failed to take these opportunities, through having the wrong fleet-mix, or simply not being entrepreneurial enough. sad.png

They deserve the competitive drubbing which Air Asia is now giving them !

• Like 1

Okay..........and thanks for that.

Was just not sure if he thought so what! With the last couple of words.

I agree with you (and him if applicable) that it is great news.

I've actually visited the part of China in question and it is really a great and beautiful area all around there.

Plus I am a loyal Air Asia user, as now retired their fares allow me to do so much more.

Of course I was rolleyes.gif, but here's another couple of words. Incoming! Incoming!