Hua Hin

ryro88

I'm thinking about moving here for a few months can anyone enlighten me to what the place has to offer? I'm looking for somewhere that's not overly busily with traffic and has a good selection of bars to choose from a night. Would Hua Hin be a good spot for me?

Pattaya has turned into a shit hole overrun with Russian criminals and Arabs so would steer clear of that recommendation except maybe for a few days fun its ok but itd not a long term option in my opinion.

Hua Hin is good and has everything you need, some say its expensive but you can easily waste your money in many places in Thailand so its more about being careful and sending wisely than where you are located.

Have a look at Cha am as its a good lower cost option and its only 30 minutes from HH if you want to do some shopping or get a bit more night life.....Cha am does have some night life but its limited but adequate for a short term stay.

Also south of HH a bit is also ok and it just depends on if you want to live close into the city or not but you will pay extra for the convenience.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you like nightlife - skip hua Hin!

I totally disagree with that statement. ...Hua Hin has quite a good night life and well worth spending some time to have a look around.

It's not Pattaya that is for sure but I see that as a positive instead of a negative.

Also a couple of decent night clubs if that's what you like. ...not my scene but each to thier own.

I actually didn't like Hua Hin much on my first visit but the place does grow o you once you get your hesd around the layout of the place and where everything is.

I have traveled alot all over Thailand in the last 10 years or so and HH is now one of my favorite locations.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have been to pattaya many times it's ok for a short stay but not long term. I'm looking somewhere that has a relaxed feel about it but still has a little nightlife to it when I fancy heading out. I think HH could be the spot!

There's a good nightlife section on Hua Hin (now about 2 years out of date though) on the Thaivisa website under Destinations. It's pretty accurate. That aside, I've been here 4 years and can honestly say that Hua Hin is actually alright for going out at night. There's enough decent bars and it's not the hell hole that Pattaya is. You can always hop on the mini bus to Bangkok one night if you want something a bit more lively.

I think you'll probably like Hua Hin. It's definitely one of those places that grows on you - first time I came here I wasn't that impressed, but it's a good happy medium between the likes of cha-am (too quiet) and Bangkok/Pattaya. It's also not that expensive (except for Soi Bintabaht) - but you can definitely drink at 'normal' prices and find cheap food, as well as more upmarket places.

Have fun!

Roly