Rayong oil spill blamed on faulty pipe

webfact

So... two-thirds of 15,000 receive 508M baht in compensation, or +/- 50,000 baht each. We just have a small four-room guesthouse, but that amount would barely pay the rent for one month. If tourists have stayed away in any numbers at all, I think the financial damages suffered are much more than this.

pipe fatigue, looool

because thais do not know the words: quality control & maintenance

Thais, do know Quality Control and Maintenance. I have worked for Thai companies. The ones on the SET are constantly looking at ways to increase the amount of money paid to the investors. This is what you have, when companies are looking at increasing of the bottom line of the accounting ledger, the first thing cut is maintenance an quality monitoring. It has been rummer that large quantity of PTT shares are owned by an investor living in a foreign country, Dubai. These investors do not care about quality or preventative maintenance, they only care about the MONEY. whistling.gif

• Like 1

pipe fatigue, looool

because thais do not know the words: quality control & maintenance

Thais, do know Quality Control and Maintenance. I have worked for Thai companies. The ones on the SET are constantly looking at ways to increase the amount of money paid to the investors. This is what you have, when companies are looking at increasing of the bottom line of the accounting ledger, the first thing cut is maintenance an quality monitoring. It has been rummer that large quantity of PTT shares are owned by an investor living in a foreign country, Dubai. These investors do not care about quality or preventative maintenance, they only care about the MONEY. whistling.gif

Here we go again... So this is every thai in the whole nation ? Have you ever flown thai airways ? Based on your all knowing premis then TG flights should be falling out the sky all the time, Matuphut should be a crater, all the cars on the roads should be broken down ?.....stop talking through your bottom

Everything you have stated about increasing bottom line applies to listed companies the world over, lest not talk about the BP pipeline failures in Alaska lack of maintenance/inspection etc etc and not a Thai in sight

I suppose someone better set the ball rolling........

This is all Thaksin's fault.!!

(note to self - sit back and watch the fireworks)

Well he is running the government and the government have big stakes in this oil company, so your little remark-skit-joke backfired. maybe a connection after all.

Well he is running the government and the government have big stakes in this oil company, so your little remark-skit-joke backfired. maybe a connection after all.

You bit.

You actually bit!! cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifclap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

You bit.

You actually bit!! cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gifclap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

Nice try -- but he actually WAS-indirectly. did you really think there was no connection...???coffee1.gif

IT'S the pipes fault, it's design, --it was repaired but failed later.

When it was repaired didn't that give the company a warning that a design fault was already there.

Whose engineers repaired it ????? if it was faulty it should have been replaced as in NOT merchandisable quality. OR the pipe manufacturer should have done the repairs.

Not enough info as usual as to who did the bogy repairs.

I did not that so many people had received SUPPORT re the spill. NOT PAID IN FULL why ???? disgusting. NOTE please the company is part owned by the State.

There are professional engineers here in Thailand !!!!??? really ??? where the hell are they hiding...??

There are professional engineers here in Thailand !!!!??? really ??? where the hell are they hiding...??

We have quite a few very competent ones working for us.

They're usually either working, or "hiding out" with their growing families, doing a lot of the same things we did back home at that stage in our lives.

One thing's for sure, they aren't hanging out in places frequented, if not dominated, by idiots asking racist questions.