PM's Office Minister says rice farmers will be paid January 15

webfact

PM’s Office Minister says farmers will be paid January 15

1-7-2014-11-57-37-AM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister’s Office Minister Warathep Ratanakorn said with confidence that farmers will be paid for their rice within January 15.

His reassurance came as the caretaker government was holding a meeting today to discuss the farmers’ hardship for the delayed payment.

Mr Warathep, who is also acting minister of Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives, said farmers who sold their rice to government for the 2013/2014 harvesting season and farmers who have obtained the rice vouchers before 31 December 2013 will be paid within January 15.

He estimated the amount to be paid to be about 100 billion baht.

The matter would be discussed today at the meeting, he said.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pms-office-minister-says-farmers-will-paid-january-15/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-07

Farmers assured to get money from the rice pledging scheme within this month

BANGKOK, 7 Jan 2014 (NNT) – Deputy Prime Minister and Commerce Minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan has assured farmers who sold their rice to the government under the rice pledging scheme and have not yet received compensations will be able to collect their payments within this month.

He said that his ministry is talking with the Election Commission (EC) to grant the authority to the Bank for Agriculture and Agricultural Cooperatives (BAAC) to start distributing the payments.

Minister Niwatthamrong stressed however that any other long-term schemes of the ministry would have to wait until a new government.

Since the scheme’s inception until December last year, it had paid 180 billion baht to farmers, the minister said, adding that rice farmers continue to sell their crops to the program, worth approximately one billion baht each month.

The minister said the government has set aside 270 billion baht for the current cropping season as it is expecting 10 million tons of rice to be sold to the scheme.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-01-07 footer_n.gif

I'm sure they will and they will find money somehow and then brainwashed with think its all ok until if this government is still in power theirs no money left at all. I really despair at gullibility of poor who simply take it over and over again from their dear leader. Well they get what they deserve in my books for being so naive.

If Tablit sceme, rice scene, one car fares and rest have not shown them then nothing will. I know lots of people who have taken advantage of car tax rebate scheme and nearly all of them from quite rich families. Sone have even bought vars for their sone and daughters who study or live abroad. I also know fairly poor thais who bought not it and really can't afford the repayments. Same with all houses being built and banks giving east credit to people who have to pay over 100% of their wages simply for payments.

Wait and see this is all going to end IMO worse than 1997 but at least theirs plenty of rice so none should starve

"He estimated the amount to be paid to be about 100 billion baht."

For overpaying for rice that can't be sold... What happens to the farmers after the next harvest? What happens to the millions of metric tons of rice rotting in warehouses?

I'm feeling creative... A fully grown elephant can weigh at least one metric ton. Where is the government hiding all of these millions of elephants, and how do they propose to hide the millions more if re elected?

• Like 1

To no one's surprise, the Pheu Thai administration has not lost sight of one of its core philosophical principles - pay off the supporters. Even if the money is no longer there. They somehow can make it appear. How much today, gentlemen ? 100 billion baht. No problem !

• Like 1

Minister Warathep Ratanakorn
"The matter would be discussed today at the meeting, he said."
WOW, Nice.
That will certainly save the financial situation of the nation.
I would not even entrust you to hold the keys for our company toilets!
Minister Niwatthamrong
"The minister said the government has set aside 270 billion baht."
So why many farmers must wait since 5 month for the money?
Hope everyone enjoyed his coffee, but the information policy of this government about this $%& rice scheme
is like a severe prostate disease, with a large swelling on Harnstrang.
The bladder is filled with fetid urine, but the information only come out in small drops
  • Like 2

As we speak the family silver of Thailand is being sold so as to benefit one person, no doubt though when the bailiffs come to call (I.M F World Bank) that person will plead that his being non resident in Thailand absolves him of any implication in the ongoing Rice pledging scam, re elect my puppets please scheme.

Smokemachine post # 19

Good strategy.

Knowing the news of farmers will be coming out on 13 Jan as well. Now they confirm them for payment on 15 Jan.

The farmers should feel relieved now and will not be participating on the 13 Jan.

Good for the farmers. xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.pEtiH2upqe.webp

Well in our village and others around it farmers and that includes my family are not going to believe until they've got the money in their hands or rather their bank A/C

I assure you that all farmers I know including the wife will be drawing that money out as soon as it, or if it arrives so as it can't be frozen or clawed back on some dubious pretext.

All these people have all learnt, ''one needs a long spoon to sup with the devil.''.whistling.gif

The rhetoric of this government is cheap and nasty, nothing more than a series of flying lies in the sky.

• Like 2

OP:

"Prime Minister’s Office Minister Warathep Ratanakorn said with confidence that farmers will be paid for their rice within January 15."

next post

"Deputy Prime Minister and Commerce Minister Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan has assured farmers ... will be able to collect their payments within this month."

Does this mean that when the government pays on the 15th it will still take up to 16 days before the farmers can collect?

• Like 1

Smokemachine post # 19

Good strategy.

Knowing the news of farmers will be coming out on 13 Jan as well. Now they confirm them for payment on 15 Jan.

The farmers should feel relieved now and will not be participating on the 13 Jan.

Good for the farmers. xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.pEtiH2upqe.webp

Well in our village and others around it farmers and that includes my family are not going to believe until they've got the money in their hands or rather their bank A/C

I assure you that all farmers I know including the wife will be drawing that money out as soon as it, or if it arrives so as it can't be frozen or clawed back on some dubious pretext.

All these people have all learnt, ''one needs a long spoon to sup with the devil.''.whistling.gif

The rhetoric of this government is cheap and nasty, nothing more than a series of flying lies in the sky.

thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

I think the payments will be made, yet most payments go not to farmers, but to already-rich millers. It's no coincidence that most big shot millers are Chinese-Thai, .....same same as the Shinawatres.

As bad as the payments for un-sellable rice are, they're not as bad as the trillions earmarked to the speedo train. The route goes North-South, which just happens to be the shortest route between Bkk, .....on the way to China. Connect the dots. Currently, the train is supposed to cost an outlandish 2.2 trillion baht, but with % payments over 2 generations (our kids and grandkids) - will tally up closer to 6 trillion baht. .....and that's if successive Thai governments honor the pay-out agreements - ha ha ha ha.

We've already had 6 governments in the past 8 years. That's a new government every 16 months. If we project that tally over 50 years (the # of years the speedo train is supposed to be paid off, if all goes smoothly) then that's 37 successive Thai governments which will be obligated to pay those high payments with %. If just one of those 37 governments defaults, then who will own the railway? Answer: Chinese banks and investors. ....Just another peg in China's master plan to take over SE Asia.

Edited by boomerangutang

Jesus Christ! Another lie. But these people will vote for the Thaksin/Barbie rabble- led propaganda machine again and again and again and again.

Don't be so sure. Around these parts the farmers (like farmers the world over) know three things. One - the cost of production. Two - the price they sell at. Three - their profit margin.

At the moment the rice farmers are getting, cash in hand, less than the price of production. Red shirt/Yellow shirt whatever , their return in investment is what counts and they aren't happy at all.

• Like 1