All New Pcx 150 2014

tonysamui

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A plus size mate of mine is looking to buy a bike in Thailand.

Is the Pcx 150 a good choice for him?

if he does the upgrade on yss xxl shocks it should be fine - or better take the FORZA

I agree about the yss shocks but not about the forza.

I seen them stuck in downtown pattaya, too big to filter between cars.

So depending of where your friend ride most, highway= forza, city=pcx

if he does the upgrade on yss xxl shocks it should be fine - or better take the FORZA

completly wrong - I own a forza and had 2 pcx before, I go everywhere with the forza as with the pcx for sure - important spec ist the handle bars, there are identical, just the forza is longer but that a skilled driver can handle - even the forza handles better in traffic with low spead as the gravity is lower and wider tires.......

the only advantage of the pcx over the forza is the less parking/manovering space (besides the price tag)

thats wrong - I own a forza and had 2 pcx before, I go everywhere with the forza as with the pcx for sure - most important spec is the handle bars, there are identical, just the forza is longer but that a skilled driver can handle that - even the forza handles better in traffic at low spead as the gravity is lower and wider tires.......

the only advantage of the pcx over the forza is the less parking space (besides the price tag)

thats wrong - I own a forza and had 2 pcx before, I go everywhere with the forza as with the pcx for sure - most important spec is the handle bars, there are identical, just the forza is longer but that a skilled driver can handle that - even the forza handles better in traffic at low spead as the gravity is lower and wider tires.......

the only advantage of the pcx over the forza is the less parking space (besides the price tag)

Hmm that is odd. I once had a forza behind me and his was left behind when I filtered though traffic on my pcx and I never saw him again.

Another advantage the pcx have over the forza, it's a nice looking scooter whereas the forza is a big assed ugly thing.

once i had a porsche behind me with my toyota - never see it again....................I burn every PCX with the Forza with 70% throttle, but thats easy just the advantage of power

Edited by MrJ

hope yamaha brings the new smax 150 cc to Thailand or even make it here:

looks definitely a better bike than pcx150. similar price.

smax is around 20 kg heavier and comes with smaller rims but wider tires and 2 more valves and more performance. also better braking with rear disc brake and radial front brake. plus more room and it is step through with practical flat board.

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2014/10/yamaha-announces-new-smax-scooter/

SMax1-730x507.jpg

or hope honda brings sporty scoot good looking forza 125. hope honda makes it here and replaces click125 with it.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/honda-unveils-new-forza-125-scooter/25649.html

vu-forza-125.jpg

Edited by ll2

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting YSS shocks from Likito in BKK, is this the cheapest place? I am in Hong Kong so will need to ship them, unless I can tell the wife it's a scooter emergency and I have to fly over to get them.

• 6 months later...

Anyone know how to reset the clock on the PCX?

Thanks

Try this

"To Set the Clock"

1) Turn the ignition switch on.

2) With odometer displayed, press and hold the mode switch until the clock digits start "flashing."

3) Press the mode switch until the desired time is displayed.

> The time is advanced by one minute, each time the switch is pressed.

> The time is advanced by ten minutes, when the switch is pressed and held.

4) Wait for 5 seconds and press mode switch. The clock is set.

> The time can also be set by turning the ignition switch off.

Anyone know how to reset the clock on the PCX?

Thanks

Try this

"To Set the Clock"

1) Turn the ignition switch on.

2) With odometer displayed, press and hold the mode switch until the clock digits start "flashing."

3) Press the mode switch until the desired time is displayed.

> The time is advanced by one minute, each time the switch is pressed.

> The time is advanced by ten minutes, when the switch is pressed and held.

4) Wait for 5 seconds and press mode switch. The clock is set.

> The time can also be set by turning the ignition switch off.

Thanks very much, that worked perfectly

^

Yep nice replies ,it's only gonna be a run around for me and like others said I think it's the best you can get for the money,I will not be modding it or spending any money on it at all and prabably never sell it.

Actually been trying to buy a 2nd hand one for the last 2 weeks made a couple of offers to one guy ,but cause he spent 95 k on it he seems to think its worth more than a brand new one his choice I suppose.

I have just bought a new Forza and my PCX, 2014. white, 9000 odd Ks, is for sale. if your interested PM me.

^

Yep nice replies ,it's only gonna be a run around for me and like others said I think it's the best you can get for the money,I will not be modding it or spending any money on it at all and prabably never sell it.

Actually been trying to buy a 2nd hand one for the last 2 weeks made a couple of offers to one guy ,but cause he spent 95 k on it he seems to think its worth more than a brand new one his choice I suppose.

I have just bought a new Forza and my PCX, 2014. white, 9000 odd Ks, is for sale. if your interested PM

I'm sorry, just noticed this topic is about 18 months old. Silly me.

^

I have just bought a new Forza and my PCX, 2014. white, 9000 odd Ks, is for sale. if your interested PM me.

You replied to a post from Jan 2014 so good luck with that, oh sorry you did notice, he-he.

In Pattaya it's very easy to source a 2nd hand PCX, as a matter of fact, I know a shop that has 4-5 for sale.

Edited by guzzi850m2