Red-Shirt leader apologises to Prayuth for urging supporters to capture his daughters

webfact

REGRETTING MESSAGE URGING DAUGHTERS' CAPTURE
Red-Shirt leader apologises to Prayuth
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Sudchai Boonchai, a leader of the Friends of Thaksin group, on Thursday issued an apology to Army Commander-in-Chief Gen Prayuth Chan-ocha for having urged red shirts to take his daughters hostage in the event of a coup.

Sudchai went to the 11th Infantry Regiment with his wife and son to seek a meeting with Prayuth to apologise him. He took with him garlands and a letter of apology but these were received by Army officer, who explained that Prayuth was not in the regiment's compound.

Sudchai said he was sorry for violating the family of Prayuth by posting a message on the Facebook, urging red shirts to capture his daughters if he staged a coup.

Sudchai claimed that he did not initiate the idea but copied it from a friend and re-posted it on his Facebook wall.

He said after he had "shared" the post, five men, who claimed to be government officials, went to the house of his wife and son in Kalasin.

He said be believed the five went there to provide protection to his family, not to intimidate them.

Sudchai said he had closed his Facebook page and would open a new one to issue an apology to Prayuth again.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-16

Dear Military Leader,

I am really sorry for my comments regarding your daughters on Facebook.

We won't kidnap your daughters anymore. Therefor, could you please stage a coup so my master can blame the army for interfering with democracy. Since we have no other options left, this one might be the best for him.

Sincerely,

Red Shirt Leader (Small)

Edited by Nickymaster
  • Like 1

At least this not well known person had the dignity to admit he was wrong and apologised.

Now we await for Sutheps apology I guess......................

If you suggest that kidnapping the Army chiefs daughters is good and actually WANT to stay in Thailand alive then saying sorry is a wise decision. Don't you think!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

At least this not well known person had the dignity to admit he was wrong and apologised.

Methinks he has heard about Sutheps arrest warrant for urging people to kidnap the acting PM

dignity or brains?

Both but more of the latter with a little bit of wee running down the right leg after his family got a "visit"

• Like 2

dignity or brains?

neither...............................................COWARDICE.

• Like 1

I do not think sorry is enough, he has seeded an idea, unfortunately telling the red shirts to ignore his previous suggestion will not stop them given the opertunity.

I hope he has been warned that if they ever do he will be held responsible.

"Sudchai claimed that he did not initiate the idea but copied it from a friend and re-posted it on his Facebook wall."

What I still fail to comprehend after more than 20 years in this country is why Thais are generally unable to take responsibility for their own actions and always - always!!! - blame someone else.

And if they can't resort to blaming someone else they almost compulsively concoct some other sort of excuse often so far-fetched and incredulous that it exposes them as blatant liars and - in my eyes at least - erodes their overall credibility.

And if we're talking about "Thainess", yes, this particular attitude definitely is part of "Thainess", too.

the only thing ive always maintained about the people of this country..responsibility...is a word they neither understand,and definatly refuse to acknowledge...child-like to the end unfortunatley..wai2.gif

What a moron. I'd be worried too after 5 men (goverment officials) turn up at your house , more than likely military.

And of course Gen Prayuth would not want to be nice to him and his family after a comment like that.

It's not really clear what the 5 men turned up to do, where they came from or indeed which branch of the government they belong to.

They were almost certainly not in uniform. Sudchai says that he 'thinks they were there to protect rather than to intimidate' which could mean that it was precisely the latter, or perhaps it really was a gentle 'word to the wise' type visit.

Why take his wife and kid with him for something he did? A scared little red rabbit afraid to face up to anything on his own. Typical UDD cowardly scum.

What he did was wrong. Apologizing was the right thing to do. Using facebook to retract is also the right thing to do. I am also sure that he is quite scared. I know I would be if I had been so unwise and black hearted to urge people to kidnap or kill someones daughter. Very unwise to threaten someones family, especially with death, and especially someone powerful.

• Like 2

No i think he was worried for HIS OWN family. I think a GENERAL throws a bit more weight if he is angry than a bunch of no hopers.