Crowds offer warm welcome for PDRC leader Suthep

webfact

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There has been no shutdown, just a few hundred people, some paid.

Wishful thinking comes to mind when reading your post. Thousands of people lined up when Suthep did his march today. You should have a look yourself if you dare. I witness it on a daily basis. He is clearly becoming a very popular figure in Bangkok. People (including tourists) love him. Finally somebody that can fight the corrupt Shin machine.

Every night areas such as Asoke, Pathumwan and Dem monument are packed with people. During the weekends Bangkok looks like one big party with 7 packed stages. Enough people, enough money so don't expect this to end soon. Sorry.

You must be joking. Anyway, have fun.

Khun Suthep played his hand well.

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Yes mate. The way hes still wondering the streets aimlessly after 2 months and the way YL has managed to hang onto power despite having such a poor hand (cant even pay the farmers now <deleted>) suggests hes a master tactician.

You can say what you like about Thaskin (and I`m no fan of him and his corruption) but the way he outsmarts these guys for year after year is impressive. The government position is outrageously weak but because this loony doesnt want democracy PTP are able to switch the argument into something completely different than the real issues at hand.

Yeah, one of Thailand's richest men is so smart he can't live where he wants to and his policies have ruined his nation's greatest claim to fame as the world biggest and best rice producer for half a century.

No doubt the way the Kim's have controlled North Korea for decades or Mugabe's business nous in becoming one of the richest men in Africa whilst leading his country to ruin impresses you too.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

didnt get much better even at Asoke when the offices turned out.

Maybe the guards asking for time off got it and there is nobody left to coral the street.

I'd say half the people in the pic here are caught up in it going about daily business or they are vendors or whats left of his guard.

BeqXbQFCUAAXHb8.jpg

• Like 2

And your proof that people have been paid to attend is?

Smart ass comment posting rule #1 Check facts or at least have an inkling of what you are talking about. It's only a clever smart ass post done properly

How about PDRC Spokesman Akanart saying they have 2,000 staff and guards to pay. Many of these on the march and as there were 200-300 marching today, you'd have to say 50% of them were paid. Chart and breakdown appeared in most media. think I linked to BP by mistake but the others showed it.

SMS747 said SOME were paid to attend and he is right. As ever no research googling or reading of basic press releases goes into yet another dull repetitive post asking for facts that are freely available.

On top of this Rumpole, you are on an expat news forum and not in the Old Bailey so you can whistle for your proof .... and then you can whistle when you are presented with proof rather than listen to it.

BeqXbQFCUAAXHb8.jpg

I count 200 in this photo, maybe an extra hundred obscured by the track. The protest movement seems to have some serious issues with honesty. Do they count the vote in Surat Thani the same way? (added: yes I was being snarky, but now I'm actually wondering if the vote counts in the south are actually real or just the same trick.)

Edited by BlueNoseCodger
  • Like 1

I think he forgot to consult the resigned Yellow Shirt leader Sondhi Limthongkul on how to perform the ceremony involving the use of used woman sanitary towel. After that ceremony, airports were strangely invaded and occupied. CC judges forgot to call defense witness and the accused to defense and they went ahead to dissolved PPP and other political parties. Sondhi Limthongkul's ceremony involving the use of used woman sanitary towel is real powerful and effective. May be it is still not too late for him to try.

Edited by icommunity

Suthep leads march in defiance of state of emergency

The Nation

30224977-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Protest supreme leader Suthep Thaugsuban Thursday led thousands of protesters to march from the Asoke rally site in defiance of the state of emergency.

It was the first march led by Suthep, the secretary general of the People's Democratic Reform Committee, after the state of emergency took effect on Wednesday.

Protesters at the Asoke rally site formed the procession at 10 am.

They headed from the Asoke Intersection to the Chidlom Intersection and made a left turn to Langsuan Road. They planned to walk to Sarasin Road and make a left turn to the Wireless Road and then make a right turn to Ploenchit Road and head to Sukhumvit back to the Asoke intersection.

During the march, security guards made three layers of human shields to protect Suthep.

Suthep allowed key PDRC leaders to walk with him in the innermost circle. Walking with him were Natthapol Tipasuwan and Sakolthi Phatthiyakul who are in charge of the Asoke rally site.

Suthep greeted the people along the way and many lined up the roads to hand cash to him.

Before the march, Suthep gave an interview to some foreign reporters that the situation did not warrant a state of emergency yet.

Suthep expressed concern that when the government was cornered, it would resort to violence against the protesters.

Suthep noted that the government could not enforce the Internal Security Act either.

He said the opposite side also panned to harm the demonstrators all the time.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-01-23

I feel many of them young ladies look like they need some comforting. Even that bloke looks pretty cute.

Yeah, just a few hundred but more than enough to frighten the sh!t out of YL and the brown-nosing followers.

Wow... a Coup plotter confirming only a few hundred. Watch out mate, you are breaking ranks and No Nob Nok will be round with 10 of his mates.

They must have recovered now after the 10 on one beating they gave to a man who was already restrained. That said, if you are more than 5'5 they may need more than 15 to re-educate you.

Fizzling out even after the "dead cat bounce" that the SOE gave him. And if this is the total of his own people in his own office area during lunch time... then can't be long before they clear them out.

As much as anything. There are people losing money now and behind the scenes Suthep will have a lot of explaining to do.

Whiteshirts events now 10 times this size and growing. Pity nobody wants to report that people are jumping ship in droves the the great leader.

The total crap you come out with on a daily basis is mind numbing !! Try watching Nuttawat on the Asia Update channel ranting and raving to about 50 people HAHAHAHAHA ! Suteb has a lot of support, in every street people come out to greet him and cheer him on to oust this evil corrupt dictatorship. He is winning in Bangkok and the South and the farmers in the north are starting to turn away from the terrible dictator Taksin as he has failed them...

Yes many farmers will vote CP in the 2nd February election. YS surely will be punished by at least a drop in 20% of the votes but CP and BJT will be key performers in the next election. Then their is CT as well.

I put my money on Suwat from CP to score big time on the next election. Would the democrats run in the coming election, they could have get more votes as PTP and they could have done a deal with CP, CT and BJT and might would have win the next election. CP is also a very long established party and they are VERY ACTIVE in Isaan in the past weeks.

BeqXbQFCUAAXHb8.jpg

I count 200 in this photo, maybe an extra hundred obscured by the track. The protest movement seems to have some serious issues with honesty. Do they count the vote in Surat Thani the same way? (added: yes I was being snarky, but now I'm actually wondering if the vote counts in the south are actually real or just the same trick.)

you sure its the protest movement that has honesty problems? Where exactly on asoke is that picture of? the intersection? Doesnt look like it too me, just a small part and no indication whatsoever of when the picture was taken or what time

So, is your first year up as yet ? Also, you need to understand the difference between "fee for service" and ripping millions of Baht out of the system by changing the rules while in power to benefit yourself, family and friends, and not forgetting your house maid, driver and gardener.

How do you know it's his first year?

But on the subject of taking millions, or even billions out of the system, why don't you Google "Suthep Palm Oil"? Maybe you'll understand the hypocrisy of calling for an end to corruption while walking hand in hand with that man.

There are 3 things you can blame Suteb for compared to at least 30 we can blame Taksin for not to mention what he and his cronies are doing to the country right now. Suteb is by far the lesser of 2 evils...

Great. I agree with you. Suthep is evil.

Khun Suthep played his hand well.

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Yes mate. The way hes still wondering the streets aimlessly after 2 months and the way YL has managed to hang onto power despite having such a poor hand (cant even pay the farmers now <deleted>) suggests hes a master tactician.

You can say what you like about Thaskin (and I`m no fan of him and his corruption) but the way he outsmarts these guys for year after year is impressive. The government position is outrageously weak but because this loony doesnt want democracy PTP are able to switch the argument into something completely different than the real issues at hand.

Yeah, one of Thailand's richest men is so smart he can't live where he wants to and his policies have ruined his nation's greatest claim to fame as the world biggest and best rice producer for half a century.

No doubt the way the Kim's have controlled North Korea for decades or Mugabe's business nous in becoming one of the richest men in Africa whilst leading his country to ruin impresses you too.

There we go again. Comparing Thaksin with countries where people suffer hunger, can not move or walk freely. Please step up the plate and edit your post. Thailand under Thaksin has NEVER been a place of isolation, torture, restrictions in liberty. Apart from that: the US Vietnam Thailand India....all greater rice production nations. Is it a soccer game? Not being the 1st? Meanwhile Thailand did great in increasing the automotive sector, tourism, etc. etc. Be a man and correct your post. Thaksin is a self made business success / tycoon. Mugabe isn't. North Korea I don't wish to have mentioned anyway.

BeqXbQFCUAAXHb8.jpg

you sure its the protest movement that has honesty problems? Where exactly on asoke is that picture of? the intersection? Doesnt look like it too me, just a small part and no indication whatsoever of when the picture was taken or what time

Thats Nana at the back and Asoke is behind the camera in this shot. This is the big Sukhumvit march in full swing and was the best pic they could find.

Soi on the right is soi 11 with the orange building just behind the big poster.

thought most expats would recognise Nana area. :( And the pic was from Richard Barrow's drone as he was covering it with no agenda.

Yeah, just a few hundred but more than enough to frighten the sh!t out of YL and the brown-nosing followers.

Wow... a Coup plotter confirming only a few hundred. Watch out mate, you are breaking ranks and No Nob Nok will be round with 10 of his mates.

They must have recovered now after the 10 on one beating they gave to a man who was already restrained. That said, if you are more than 5'5 they may need more than 15 to re-educate you.

Fizzling out even after the "dead cat bounce" that the SOE gave him. And if this is the total of his own people in his own office area during lunch time... then can't be long before they clear them out.

As much as anything. There are people losing money now and behind the scenes Suthep will have a lot of explaining to do.

Whiteshirts events now 10 times this size and growing. Pity nobody wants to report that people are jumping ship in droves the the great leader.

Wrong on the coup plotter angle, but certainly want to see the back of the fugitives influence and meddling, the clone, and the brown-nosing acolytes - hopefully to be replaced with people who are more interested in furthering Thailand than their own / families / friends self-interests.

Can it be done - lets hope so but one step at a time.

Edited by Artisi

Suthep now on stage railing against foreign media for laughing at his pityful crowd and insane idea.

Food for thought for his followers... What if? what if the Army went mad, and put him in.

Who leads?

Who appoints who? what do they do (do they shadow Gov portfolios)

Who THINKS - can they free think policy hehehehehehehehehe

Who approves the drafts

Who ammends them and sends them back and do the drafters get a beating or shot

What if somebody thinks their plan won't work (talking policy wise and detail etc.)

What are the millions (not Bluesky millions) of disenfrachised doing for 18 months.... Chewing hay?

How about foreign policy? Any state visits planned or people invited in.... my arse they'd accept.

Who contests the next election? Who votes in it.

See, it's as well thought out as some of the knee jerk posts we have had tagged on the bottom of our pictures of nobody but Suthep and his guards (pretty much) on the protests. Even on Sukhumvit road next to all those offices full of his support we are told,

It's a complete joke that anything other than him getting in and running it his way, maybe with some Dems who have played ball. Been very quiet on their craven side recently.

Just.... tell me... What will they do? Peoples council... You think he is going to let anybody decide policy. :) no way my son

BeqXbQFCUAAXHb8.jpg

Thats Nana at the back and Asoke is behind the camera in this shot. This is the big Sukhumvit march in full swing and was the best pic they could find.

Soi on the right is soi 11 with the orange building just behind the big poster.

thought most expats would recognise Nana area. sad.png And the pic was from Richard Barrow's drone as he was covering it with no agenda.

so a long way from Asoke then, I dont really frequent the nana area, but know enough of Asoke to know it wasn't there. Best pic who could find exactly? Those with an agenda trying to downplay the numbers? Can you provide a link to Richard Barrows posts stating that this was the march in full swing, its always nice to see something unbiased for a change!

Suthep now on stage railing against foreign media for laughing at his pityful crowd and insane idea.

Food for thought for his followers... What if? what if the Army went mad, and put him in.

Who leads?

Who appoints who? what do they do (do they shadow Gov portfolios)

Well using North Korea as the role model, you'll never learn about how the government works, because it will be illegal to tell anyone. Occasionally they'll throw a General to be eaten by dogs and remove him from the official photos.

I don't see how they can ever permit free elections ever again.

• Like 1

So, is your first year up as yet ? Also, you need to understand the difference between "fee for service" and ripping millions of Baht out of the system by changing the rules while in power to benefit yourself, family and friends, and not forgetting your house maid, driver and gardener.

How do you know it's his first year?

But on the subject of taking millions, or even billions out of the system, why don't you Google "Suthep Palm Oil"? Maybe you'll understand the hypocrisy of calling for an end to corruption while walking hand in hand with that man.

There are 3 things you can blame Suteb for compared to at least 30 we can blame Taksin for not to mention what he and his cronies are doing to the country right now. Suteb is by far the lesser of 2 evils...

Great. I agree with you. Suthep is evil.

I never said Suteb is evil, though I agree with you that Taksin is the most evil person in the history of Thai politics. See, I can make up things you didn't say too hahaha. clap2.gif

Awww look at the picture of the smiling pretty ladies, no need to scroll down to know it'll say The Nation at the bottom of the article biggrin.png

Yeah, and they even have a farang in there too.

another pic attachicon.gifprotest money.jpg

In that pic, I count about 120 up to the first lamppost and it looks like it's 3 lampposts worth, so about 360, benefit of the doubt say 500.

Awww look at the picture of the smiling pretty ladies, no need to scroll down to know it'll say The Nation at the bottom of the article biggrin.png

Yeah, and they even have a farang in there too.

another pic attachicon.gifprotest money.jpg

In that pic, I count about 120 up to the first lamppost and it looks like it's 3 lampposts worth, so about 360, benefit of the doubt say 500.

Yes but numbers enough to cripple a government