Moto GP - WSBK - 2014

soihok

Oh that sounds nice!

I am in Chiang Mai & have always wanted to actually see & hear a MotoGP

Thank you for the nice offer. Maybe if I can swing it at the time I will contact you.

Edit: oops I see you said WSBK on this one smile.png

Edited by mania

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ticket I bought today (on line ) was 100 MYR (about 1000 Baht), and that's on the start finish line. Non Grandstand tickets are about 300 Baht!

http://www.sepangcircuit.com/Ticketing-@-Buy_Tickets_Online-»-World_Superbike_Championship.aspx

Chang Mai - KL ( Air Asia) = $ ?

http://www.cheapflightnow.com/quotes.aspx?SesnID=383280522&SearchId=49888355

Telefonica/Movistar are now the official factory Yamaha Sponsors.

It was quite some time back that Yamaha had a main sponsor wasn't it?

Think the last one was Fiat.

• 3 weeks later...

The first round of 2014 MotoGP starts this weekend, at a really weird time, in Qatar.

Initial thoughts from free practice =

Aleix Espargaro continues to take the game away from the big names, on a non factory bike . Well fancy that. Free practice remember and the timed practice will shake it it somewhat. But you have to admire the guys guts....and talent.

His brother Pol, is also doing really well to be 5th fastest in his first year on a new bike in a higher class.

Alvaro Bautista = Going well

Disappointment = Marc M, Cal C, Scott Redding (going to be hard for him, and the others on the "production" RCV1000", when his team mate is riding the real deal "RC213V"). How much does the "production" RC1000R cost to lease?

Yamaha Factory team ====????

Nice one Bradley = went well, up to this happening.

post-8817-0-30600500-1395444928_thumb.jp

Roll on Monday morning at some crazy time rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Didn't see any of the races due to daft time in Qatar.

Looks as if The Doctor is back, taking a second place only a fraction behind winner Marc Marquez. This is good news.

Seems as if a lot of riders fell, moved Scott Redding to 7th and the first RCV1000 rider home, ahead of Nicky Hayden smile.png

Aleix Espargaro will be a force to be reckoned with this year. Shame a lot of the riders fell.

Moto2 Tito Rabat will be the man to beat this year. Here's to hoping Sam Lowes can improve, only 15 seconds off the winner over the entire race, and this is his first Moto2 race.

Moto3, well Jack Miller. First Moto3 win and podium of his career.

Next round, family and myself will be in Thailand - biggrin.png

Didn't see any of the races due to daft time in Qatar.

Looks as if The Doctor is back, taking a second place only a fraction behind winner Marc Marquez. This is good news.

Seems as if a lot of riders fell, moved Scott Redding to 7th and the first RCV1000 rider home, ahead of Nicky Hayden smile.png

Aleix Espargaro will be a force to be reckoned with this year. Shame a lot of the riders fell.

Moto2 Tito Rabat will be the man to beat this year. Here's to hoping Sam Lowes can improve, only 15 seconds off the winner over the entire race, and this is his first Moto2 race.

Moto3, well Jack Miller. First Moto3 win and podium of his career.

Next round, family and myself will be in Thailand - biggrin.png

I stayed up to watch all races live... gonna be a nice day at work today.....

I'm not sure that Rossi is any stronger than last year. He spent a lot of yesterday's race battling with Bautista, like last year on many occasions.

He beat Pedrosa, yes, but Pedrosa hates Qatar and has never won a race there in any class.

Rossi was only closer to Marquez due to him being injured. If Marquez had been fully fit Rossi wouldn't have seen which way he went.

Anyway, we'll see in a few weeks time when they get out on track again (for another late night session for us....)

• Like 1

Recorded qualifying and races on what seems to be a new BTsport TV program.

A bit cheesey but good coverage of the races and there's a guy from eurosport.

I think the injury of Marc did affect him a bit and with everyone falling off, the race did end up a weird one though IMO.

Moto 2 & 3 were good to watch.

• Like 1

The next round is The Americas, I'll be in Pattaya at the same time and probably won't have access to a service to watch the races, and ain't no way Mrs Soihok will have me trawling places open in the wee hours wink.png

The next round is The Americas, I'll be in Pattaya at the same time and probably won't have access to a service to watch the races, and ain't no way Mrs Soihok will have me trawling places open in the wee hours wink.png

The mrs probably has been warned about soi 6. laugh.png

http://kickass.to/usearch/?q=motogp+2014

Download it here usually the next day.

Edited by Kwasaki

Soihok, some of the hotels might carry it I hope so for you anyway. Here's my one line summary of Round 1

Marquez dominant hot favourite.

Lorenzo, problems in his head? as well as bike

Pedrosa, quiet, no drama, but is that enough

Rossi will probably win at some stage

Al Espargaro going up in the world

Dovi, would have been about 10th same as last year without the fallers, maybe a little bit harsh

Bautista at least he didn't take anyone else out

Bradl, front runner but still waiting, seemed to be nursing that arm or shoulder

Iannone could have been worse

Pol Espargaro will want to beat Redding

Redding, Hayden Edwards etc

Go Jack Miller

• Like 2

Would take you up on that but I'm living in Kuala Lumpur at the moment.

Odd that. I'm in KL at the moment too! Still trying to work out if of my visits will coincide with Sapang round!

Sent from a telephone, which make and model is no concern of yours….

So, any wild predictions for this weekend's race or will Marquez storm to another "easy" victory?

I'm going for Marqez, Lorenzo, Pedrosa…

Marc -- Jorge -- Alexie.

Sent by ASUS notebook. laugh.png

Saying that, free practice shows Marc M to be a second quicker than 2nd place Dovi (out of the blue).

A quote from Cal C on his Ducati's cornering ability:-

“I can't turn. Got too much understeer. I'm fighting with the bike in every corner. The bike feels really heavy to change direction. I could see clearly with Valentino [Rossi, Yamaha] in front of me that I lost 10-15km/h in one corner, where last year this was my strongest area."

Well, sounds familiar don't it?

Welcome to the Desmocedici Cal, you knew what you were letting yourself in for.

Edited by soihok
  • Like 2

The races will be held at yet more wired times, hope to catch a reply sometime on Monday.

Bradley Smith to get a podium.

Lorenzo 1st, Marc M 2nd.

Wow, Smith on the podium… I asked for wild predictions but I wasn't expecting that!

• Like 1