sad about Cal breaking his hand tho

• Like 1

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pretty much agree with you ' mania ' on moto 2 & 3.

MotoGP, yeah !! what to do Yamaha.

Glad to see the forever unmentioned Dovi on pole with the Ducati.

Good start from Jorge 20x20xlaugh.png.pagespeed.ic.SDkxrRteka. Watching the start several times, my take is that he just reacted to the red light coming on, be intersting to hear what he says.

Ben Spies commented " that he could of gone on longer to see if he could gap em, and wait for the field to break up " but he soon realised he couldn't and did the sporting thing.

• Like 1

Finally got to see the races!

Miller withstood the pressure magnificently. He looks like a champion already.

Viñales is the real deal too, if it wasn't for Marc Marquez, I'd say that Maverick was the best of his generation.

Marquez, well, I actually forgot he was racing. It's all getting a bit Doohanesque if you ask me.

Rossi was unlucky with his tyre by the sounds of it, he actually really looked competitive. Dovi, hard earned reward. Ianonne, deserved more, pitty there's not more silverware to go round.

Smith looked good too, genuinely impressed this race. Cal on the other hand, did not....

I suppose I'd better mention Lorenzo too.... what happened to all his tantric style meditation sessions and mind concentration training? If that's the result, I'd just go back to drinking Redbull.

• Like 2

I suppose I'd better mention Lorenzo too.... what happened to all his tantric style meditation sessions and mind concentration training? If that's the result, I'd just go back to drinking Redbull.

You know I agree with all the other parts you mentioned

On this one about Lorenzo I agree that he is a very focused rider & I dare say the smoothest of

all.

But I also think all GP racers start line focus is so pinpointed sharp that any change in routine can blow it

as it did for Lorenzo that day.

Normally he would never tear away a tear off from his helmet at the start line but on the warm up lap

he had so many mosquitoes he decided to peel one off.

When he started the flag guy was out. When he was done with peeling it off the flag guy was gone so that threw him

In that moment the lights went red & he snapped ....heheh

Like a dyslexic move yes but I can see how it happened when one steps out of a routine at such a

pinpointed focus moment

Edited by mania

Looks interesting.

Totally missed the races in the US, will be glued to it on Sunday though.

Cheers

Moto3 practice 1 starting now as I type

stopstream coming in good

Let me know of you want to watch US replay

Edited by mania

Cheers mate.

I struggle to find the time to do the most basic of things.

Work about 70 hours a week, the rest is spent with my family.

Will be watching on Sunday though

• Like 1

Agreed, Moto 3 was fantastic. Miller rode great despite Fennati's "over exuberance".

Moto 2 was a bit dull though. Disappointed with Porto.

Track and facilities look great, hats off the the Argentinans.

Lets see what Lorenzo can do in Moto GP!!

GP was good too mainly due to Pedrosa's late charge

Although there were some interesting moments with Rossi too.

It is good to see him enthusiastic as he has been.

I know a few on forums are a bit upset with Bradl running him wide but that

is racing eh.

• Like 1

Yes, quite a good Moto GP race with some crazy first few laps.

Nice to see Rossi having a go. Dani's late charge was great, but the boy wonder had already gone. 3 straight wins from MM now, all from pole positions - he didn't get it all his own way especially early on in the race.

I liked the new track, looked very good.

Shame no Cal C and that Scott Redding went backwards.

That's good news for the Moto GP / Thailand partnership. Maybe one day we may see Moto GP in Thailand.

Pity I don't like Singha beer though, buts irrelevant anyway.

• Like 2

That's good news for the Moto GP / Thailand partnership. Maybe one day we may see Moto GP in Thailand.

Pity I don't like Singha beer though, buts irrelevant anyway.

Yes agree on all counts ;)

I was surprised a bit as I am sure that deal was not cheap

The company must be doing well outside of Thailand as they also sponsor Manchester United,

Never really liked Singha, or Chang come to think of it.

I guess that its the Leo beer that has reaped in the pennies in Thailand (same company but a better beer, in the Soihok Thai beer connoisseur rating) burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

• Like 2

Don't really like any of the Thai produced beers, but drink them as a matter of course (read alcohol addiction), but glad that now Thai Bev bought most Asia Pacific Breweries in Singapore and Thailand has Tiger Beer available (still a pretty sharp beer, particularly devastating when getting on Thai Via Forum after a six pack).

I dream about English South West Country Farm Cider (Scrumpy), now there is an opening, just need to get the Apple Trees grown (have a spare 10 rai of land near Sikhiu-Korat, but think that it will be too hot for them).

Edited by soihok

Yeah funny when I first came to Thailand I thought Singha was ok

Later I found I did not like it at all.

Of Thai beers the one I drink when out is Leo

Not bad & the draft is pretty good too.

Although wife & I are not a big drinker sometimes we enjoy a few.

I agree that the Singha deal is good for the "important" Asia / MotoGP connection, if I recall correctly Singha is also the "official" beer of both Manchester United and Chelsea FCs.... so we may find them being the official beer of WSB aswell!

Even so, the Singha deal will not bring as much visibility to Thailand as Wilairot did. Neither will his successor in Moto 2, whose name I can't even remember at the moment...

As far as Yamaha goes, in the modern era, they have never entered into an all out technology war with Honda. HRC have always been the pioneers with the technology, and this has lead to some major screw ups during some seasons, as recently as 2004 the HRC factory bike was supposedly terrible due to development mistakes. Needless to say that the NR500 was the greatest screw up of the modern Honda era.

Yamaha on the other hand are much more conservative, giving a bike to the factory riders and responding to riders' feedback / complaints with a "this is the bike, take it or leave it" attitude, just read Wayne Rainey's opinions of Yamaha if you don't believe me.

That brings us to what I think is one of the most important questions of MGP today: How good is Marquez at bike development?

Clearly Stoner was good (Ducati just wouldn't listen), so is Rossi, as was Doohan. Hayden was not that great and Pedrosa seems to be a bit second rate in this field also.

Lots of people think that Marquez will win on any bike, but I don't agree. AT the moment the best rider has been handed the best bike. Now he has a huge responsibility to maintain this situation with a HRC that will hang on every word of feedback he gives them.

Make or break? You bet.

So, Yamaha will sit tight, do the minimum development to remain competitive and wait for either HRC to go too far with a technological revolution or for Marquez to fail to develop the bikle well enough. Then they'll win another year or two's championships, rider permitting of course.

• Like 2

By the way, what's wrong with Singha? I like it.

Suppose it depends on where you are from and what your references are. I arrived to Thailand from Spain so my dialy brew was Mahou. Now Singha can't hold a candle to Mahou, but it's streets ahead of Chang which just seems to be a poor man's Stella to me.

Leo I am yet to discover, but will be on the lookout after reading this enlightening thread!

• Like 2

By the way, what's wrong with Singha? I like it.

Suppose it depends on where you are from and what your references are. I arrived to Thailand from Spain so my dialy brew was Mahou. Now Singha can't hold a candle to Mahou, but it's streets ahead of Chang which just seems to be a poor man's Stella to me.

Leo I am yet to discover, but will be on the lookout after reading this enlightening thread!

Haha I am not expert & will say Singha is fine but very filling.

The Leo just seems like a lighter gold beer

" Lots of people think that Marquez will win on any bike, but I don't agree ".

Well I do agree and it has already been done, I think he could adapt his riding ability to anything, he won on a KTM and then a Derbi, then onto Honda because for me sadly no choice but with a Suter frame.

I always find it strange when the preference of beer comes into question, it's simple really e.g. another man's meat is another poison, I have never ran with the pack I drink what I like the same as I ride what I like. burp.gif.pagespeed.ce.RBpw6FUyRR.gif

• Like 1

Qualifying was pretty exciting

Marc on pole 4th time in a row but..... at least I think the race

may be exciting tomorrow with both Jorge & Pedro having a shot

Miller on pole for Moto3 too

• Like 1

Yes mate.

Aliex Esp. is going all out and will a bit of a loose cannon early on.

I would like to see the Doctor on the podium - MM is a 2 wheel god at the moment - wonder if he can achieve a Saint status, like JP 2 the Pope?

• Like 1