Moto GP - WSBK - 2014

soihok

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hope you make it to see the races Overandout.

Lap 8 sounds about right, if not a couple earlier, that Aleix will eat the dirt. Can't fault him for trying though.

I reckon a lot of teams are looking at A. Espargaro now. In qualifying he was only a fraction of Rossi yet not a factory bike (seamless gearbox and all). Good luck to him.

Very disappointed with qualifying positions of all the Brits.

Rathapark Wilairot qualified well in Moto2, despite him being only a replacement rider. Hope he can teach Thitipong how to go quicker.

I think MM will win, surprised to learn that he has never won a Spanish GP in all classes.

ALSO

Interesting to hear that Bridgestone are pulling out of being the control tyre supplier soon. Wonder if it was that carry on at Philip Island last year that did it?

Is true Aleix Espargaro is a talent showed it last year on Aprilia too

but his Q times are also a reflection of a super soft rear tire that the factory guys are not allowed

to run. Also last year he was able to run that super soft in the race but this year he will not be able to

as the Yamaha has too much on tap & the heat this year is also way up.

That tire has like 5 laps in it ;)

But again not to say that both Aleix & his brother Pol are not both bright stars they are both

blistering fast

Problem for everyone it seems is a talent like Marquez right now on a bike like that Honda

is going to dominate. But......I still think he is a bit too loose & full of youthful exuberance that has not

been tempered yet by a few truly hard damaging crashes

I hope that does not happen but I do kind of expect it...only natural when your on the bleeding fearless edge as often

as he is.

The qualifying has always bother me, a flying lap on a tyre they are not going to use for the race seems silly to me.

Although I don't like rules much my personal way it should go is that the last qualifying has to be done on the tyre they have decided to use in the race.

Changes in weather and conditions would only allow them to change at race time.

I think Yamaha will have to wait until all the bikes will be open class and factory prepared bikes will become a thing of the past.

Sunday :- Marc -- Jorge -- Dani -- Vale. smile.png

I didn't consider the soft tyre of the Open Class, so for the laps it lasts its certainly doing him a world of good.

I would like to see Scott Redding on a competitive bike. He seems to be going backwards at the moment.

Edited by soihok

Sunday :- Marc -- Jorge -- Dani -- Vale. smile.png

I'm thinking same for top 4 but not sure of order as

Dani is very good at this track.

Also a small thing but Marc has never won at Jerez in any race class

Which is surprising when you consider it

Also outside chance for #4 position to be Bradl

Barring crashes (?not out of the question) MM is champion this year. If the bikes are reasonably competitive I cant think of

any existing rider that can beat him next year or the year after, ie his vanquisher has not yet emerged, maybe down in Moto3

somewhere, he's beaten most of the guys in Moto2 already, and Lorenzo/Pedrosa couldn't get near Rossi, let alone challenge

Marquez, I used to think VR was the same even used to hope that he would crash (not hurt) or have a breakdown to ginger thingsup, same thoughts are emerging with MM but only in the second year. Yes he is on the ragged edge especially in qualifying but in the race he seems to know what he can do without pushing the envelope, only someone actually racing him will push him to

the point of danger.

Maybe Stoner could make a miracle comeback as his team mate next year but I don't really think so.

You know these kinds of times when one competitor thru skill &

best equipment stands quite a bit higher than the rest makes it hard.

Hard for the spectators as it can be a bit boring after initial excitement of someone new

But also hard for fellow competitors

I always thought it must be tough to have your time as a competitor happen during the reign

of a great one. Because basically everyone else is just competing for 2nd or worse

Of course we cannot begrudge the champion or ask him to slow down as Mick Doohan once quiped

“What do you want me to do, slow down?” when folks claimed racing was boring with him as king :)

Happened before & will again I guess but still hard :)

Even in bicycle racing when the likes of Eddy Merckx

who they called the cannibal had his reign.

None could hope to win

Must be hard ;)

• Like 1

As a kid I had an Eddy Merckx bicycle.

Wasn't as fast as the man himself though (apart from the time I was out on it wearing a Sheffield United shirt and got chased by some "big boys" wearing Sheffield Wednesday shirts).

As you know, anything can happen as the riders balance on the knifes edge between glory or dirt/pain (glad to see A. ESP and Alv. Bau managed to finish).

Its a long season, but he certainly is looking good. Rossi wasn't that far behind him, but far enough. Four races in and four wins, anyone know the record for most consecutive wins?

I think Rossi has what it takes to get in front, this year seems to be far better than last for him (no Jeremy Burgess?).

• Like 2

Yes I thought Jeremy was looking a bit tired last year, also his wife was very ill, maybe he lost a bit of passion.

The thing that stands out about MM, he is doing it so young so could be on top for a very long time.

I still appreciate all the skill and effort that goes into it for everyone but as Mania said it makes it less interesting to watch, even Marquez is quoted now as saying he does not want to win so dominantly, and one web media I read said he should learn how to toy with his opposition, I'm not sure I'd relish that either.

Soihok why are they called Wednesday I've always wondered that?

• Like 2

Sheffield Wednesday used to be a cricket team, that played on Wednesday. The cricket team then turned into a football team (as cricket teams do) - and retained the name.

• Like 1

So I finally got in to see most of the racing, I only mised the first half of Moto 3. Shame I missed that really because Moto 3 is providing some great entertainment. Fenati is providing most of the thrills.

But Miller is amazingly intelligent and strategic for a "125" rider. He is looking like a champion in the making whose crown can only be stolen by the furious latin style of Fenati. I'm relishing the thought of the championship coming down to the last round between those two. Such different approaches to racing, both could pay off.

Moto 2 was OK, pleased for Kalio after his rough patch a few years back. If I remember correctly he almost walked away from racing completely.

Moto GP is indeed turning into the MM show, like Doohan before him it's masterful but a bit tedious! We can live in hope that he retires young like Stoner did!

Lorenzo seesm to have lost heart, whereas Rossi has certainly got his back. Like Bluetongue suggests, it could have been the Burgess factor.... shame really if true, I'm sure Jeremy would be gutted to think that he had back a rider with so much talent. I'd prefer to think that Rossi just needed to feel the winds of change (without drummer of course!).

I'm also pleased for Aleix Esp for staying on for some points, long may it continue. Bautista on the other hand is a bit jammy, he always starts the season badly, just doing enough at the end to keep a ride....

Rumours that Edwards will be booted off the Forward Yam before he even gets to the end of the season too, would be a sad way to bow out really.

• Like 1

That rumour about Edwards was just a rumour.

Caused by his booking a Monday morn flight whe he was suppose to

stay for testing.

Just a confusion & has said he will stay all season.

• Like 1

He tweeted that he had nothing to test so why stick around from memory. I think from all the accolades that he has been

getting an early sacking would be very unpopular. Mind you he hasn't been all that successful, never won a race in how many

years, just saying, after all he is a very nice bloke and after Sepang in 2008 he took the time to allow fans including me at the back of the pits to get photographs of him and his bike, unlike Stoner who bolted straight after his shower.

Yes Collin is the fans favourite. He is an x- WSBK Champ - hello.

Not the fastest, but don't have the fastest bike either. He is about 40 isn't he? Makes me feel almost young at almost 50.

Witnessed his crash into 58 Super Sic RIP at Sepang, the guy had guts to get back onto a bike after that - it really was a sad day out at the races.

Cheers for the ride Collin - hope to see your career out at Sepang at the end of this season! wai.gif

As I always download from Torrent I've Just finished watching Spain.

Moto 3 was good to watch as usual with VR's team coming in 1st and Miller after said his engine this time was'nt giving the power he had in practice, they only allowed 6 engines, some have done in 2 already.

Moto 2 getting a bit like MotoGP IMO, Kallio mugged em all getting a 2.4 sec lead.

Don't like the 1 engine rule in this class.

MotoGP !!! well what can be said, Marc is making them all look like the rest are struggling.

Again Yam need more power Jorge 8.5 secs back.

Jorge to Suzuki next year. laugh.pnglaugh.png

Colin was 40 in February, fond memories of WSBK and Honda producing a twin for him to win a world title.

I remember him saying if we tune the RC45 anymore it will blow up.biggrin.png

A great double win from Jonathan Rea this weekend at Monza. He was in a class of his own really.

It was also nice to see Chaz Davies put in a spirited ride and made some really heroic passes on the way to a podium. Gawd knows what has happened to Melandri, it was noticeable that the lovely Manuella Melandri wasn't on the grid - which was a shame.

3 weeks and counting until Sepang - will be fun - I haven't seen a WSBK round for many, many years.

• Like 1

Looking forward to the action this weekend!

What will happen between Miller / Fenati? That's hotting up to be a season long battle, I just hope it stays clean and close.

And I reckon Rossi will come good again this weekend, of course he won't win, I won't even suggest that anyone other than Marquez can, but I see Rossi in a good 2nd again. Dovi could be sniffing around a podium also what with Dani recuperating from surgery, but ultimately Lorenzo has to get the other podium step.

Moto 2,,,, not so interested. The only thing that could liven it up a bit is if Viñales can run with the MarcVDS bikes.

• Like 1

+1 0verandout !

Looking forward to practice today starting at 2pm

Yes Moto3 is hotting up nicely & still can go anywhere

Hope Jack has a good engine

MotoGP I tell you I kind of hope for some rain

hahah need something to shake it up a bit

If not I do think it is a good track for Yamaha & maybe they can break the MM streak

but I do not rule out a 5th win either as the kid is on a streak.

• Like 1

Well Qual was a bit of a surprise ....except for teh wiz kid that is

5 races

5 poles

5 wins?

Sheesh

Good to see Pol up there & a bit surprised

given what a hard time he has been having adapting to the

GP bike but boom there he is

Also Dovi is getting really consistent results now

Well I hope for a race tomorrow but it may again be for 2nd

Oh how about Dani? Man way down this time sad.png

Can't help feeling a bit disappointed with the fact that MGP is now a foregone conclusion, not just today but for the next few years.

What is up with Lorenzo? He's gone all "Gibernau" all of a sudden.

I don't think Pol E wil have podium pace, despite the qp. A good lap yes, but I still expect smith to finish ahead of Pol… and of Crutchlow….

Sent from a telephone, which make and model is no concern of yours….

• Like 1

Agree O&O which is why I really watch Moto3 closely now

It is where the action is for me.

Of course I still love & watch GP class but it sure is missing something

now. I think a lot of it is the Honda is also in another class now.

Yamaha needs to up the M1 but all but impossible with the sealed engines

Hope Lorenzo can perk up

Rossi actually is the closest to Marc these days if you call it close

Also agree Pol did a good lap which is not a good race but good luck to him.