5 Russians Fall Victim To Yet Another Jet Ski Scam

Rimmer

I think they are looking for Russian tourists now , everyone else knows about the scam , young Russians probably never been to Thailand before.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope for the the scammers sake, that they havent pissed off the wrong Russians wink.png

no i completely disagree ...hope they have .....saw the jet ski mafia really rough up an elderly couple with their grandkids ...these people r low .... why anyone patronises them i dont know ...

@hoohaa

If you read my post again, you will see it's more of a statement than an observation, one that 'frank' obviously missed, god only knows why.

Isn't it plain to see that a number of people would be happy to see the jet ski scum 'piss off the wrong people'?

Thanks for calling me sir though. smile.png

Let's hope for the the scammers sake, that they havent pissed off the wrong Russians wink.png

No, let's hope they have!

If it was the wrong Russians they would not have gone to the police

Oh yeah, thanks so much clap2.gif

My day will be so much better now after your little, pedantic, stating the obvious comment.

"No, let's hope they have!" was a little, pedantic, stating the obvious comment too. As was my, ""No, let's hope they have!" was a little, pedantic, stating the obvious comment too." too.

edited because the loops did my head in, so I added the last "too" for clarity.

Edited by boisian

I trust these Russian men have connection here, I suggest if they read this they should go back to the beach rental unit and take some pictures of the group...once having this they should go to a Russian restaurant and see whom owns it...explain to the manager the problem and show pictures of group, or course they will explain the situation over a Vodka and dinner...I not need to say anything more...like table salt sodium Chloride..it is safe..separate they become deadly elements..lets hope the Russians will deal with theses thugs...Like Russian Row let..the Russian will have a full magazine pointed at the heads of the thugs..

Why do you believe that most russians have "connections" here? Russian tourist are no more "connected" here in LOS than any other tourists visiting.

cos there are only 2 kinds of ruskis with the dough to travel, the aristocrats and the mafia. By the way, they killed all their aristocrats.

I trust these Russian men have connection here, I suggest if they read this they should go back to the beach rental unit and take some pictures of the group...once having this they should go to a Russian restaurant and see whom owns it...explain to the manager the problem and show pictures of group, or course they will explain the situation over a Vodka and dinner...I not need to say anything more...like table salt sodium Chloride..it is safe..separate they become deadly elements..lets hope the Russians will deal with theses thugs...Like Russian Row let..the Russian will have a full magazine pointed at the heads of the thugs..

Why do you believe that most russians have "connections" here? Russian tourist are no more "connected" here in LOS than any other tourists visiting.

cos there are only 2 kinds of ruskis with the dough to travel, the aristocrats and the mafia. By the way, they killed all their aristocrats.

So it is members of the russian mafia which stay a whole family in 1 crappy hotel room,walk everywhere instead of taking a taxi/MB,does all the shopping in the crappy souvenir markets,eats in the food counters in Central and similar after they`ve spent all the day window shopping?

Those russian/ukrainian are IMO 90% of the ones coming here to LOS because of dirt cheap flight tickets..................The myth that all russians are rich mafia types are one of the most longlived ever.

Given the last lasting staying power of this scam, and the incredible black eye this gives to

the Pattaya police who could stop it in one day if they wanted to, I can only surmise that the

amount of money that goes to the police in this scam must be nothing short of mind boggling....

There is absolutely no other explanation for their TOTAL failure to stop this scam, or even to

try to......

• Like 1

Hahahaha….what a pathetic post. Is this guy Charles Bronson or something?

• 2 months later...

Was'nt there an arrangement recently , where to stop all these scams, the Jet Ski owners had to pay for a damage insurance. If this is so why is'nt it a matter between the insurance company and the jet ski owner and the insurance company ? and not the JS hirer.

Was'nt there an arrangement recently , where to stop all these scams, the Jet Ski owners had to pay for a damage insurance. If this is so why is'nt it a matter between the insurance company and the jet ski owner and the insurance company ? and not the JS hirer.

Ah yes, wasn't that not long after the arrangement that motorcyclists had to wear crash helmets and car drivers had to have licences ?

In any dispute - it needs someone to referee and point out the right and wrongs. If out beloved police simply told the Jetski Operator - sort it out with your insurance company - what's in it for anyone?

I don't think any of us here can profess to know exactly what the deal is and who gets what, who is involved and at what level when these scams occur

All we can do is assume and draw our own conclusions - but what is strikingly obvious is that it is worthwhile to somebody somewhere, otherwise (as another person said) - this could be stopped in one day.

Why do people continue to rent jet-skis ? because they are on holiday, want some fun and genuinely didn't know (or expect) that Thailand is only the Land of Smiles until you are singled out and another victim of this plague which in time - will kill the tourist industry, but those doing the cheating have the mentality to "reap what you can today and tomorrow - well we'll see what happens tomorrow, it's not important".

In the last 6 months - I have witnessed 2 occasions where tourists are in the process of being scammed by the Jet ski's and on both occasions the same municipal officer turned up on his motorbike to appear to be the 'friendly cop' and help the tourists out. How amazing he was at both scamming sessions and just in case anyone else sees this going on - he is an overweight chap - very distinguishable. I advised one group to go to the police station nearby and take the case there as the fat guy is not actually a policeman.

actually he is a policeman and his job is to make sure people pay and collect the money

• Like 1