Rice Mills asked to pay part of pledged value to Thai farmers

webfact

This whole idea is as stupid as the original scheme .. another round of exploitation and corrupt shenanigans. The government should just admit they haven't got any money available because it's all been spent on unnecessary <deleted> like Parliament clocks and water fountains (admittedly this is only a small percentage scenario)

Oh and there is the NEW Parliament building. How much has that cost to date?

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Doesn't PT owe the millers money as well or is that someone else?

Please don't accuse the Pheu Thai. It's the Yingluck Government which somehow seems to have forgotten to pay the millers. Too busy with other things I guess.

"Association president Manas Kitprasert admitted for the first time that the caretaker government has owed rice millers in terms of warehouse rentals for year which prompted the millers to demand payment for the rentals in rice instead of cash."

Edited by rubl

That's the Warehouses ..(sometimes same) I think the government just want to be inclusive in owing EVERYONE involved in rice farming money ..:D

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If the government would propose / promise / formally declare / put Yingluck as collateral that the BAAC would pay back the Rice Millers the request might be taken under consideration.

At best Yingluck as collateral would only be worth 3000 or so baht.

My opinion

But that wouldn't be for a long time.

I'm just waiting for a rice scheme exit tax to be introduced on foreigners at the airport.

I just wonder if part of that "tax" might end up being the 400/800k baht required to be in the banking accounts of people with retirement visas? They could easily change that into a retirement visa "deposit." Anybody ever get their deposit back in Thailand?

Please don't accuse the Pheu Thai. It's the Yingluck Government which somehow seems to have forgotten to pay the millers. Too busy with other things I guess.

"Association president Manas Kitprasert admitted for the first time that the caretaker government has owed rice millers in terms of warehouse rentals for year which prompted the millers to demand payment for the rentals in rice instead of cash."

Nice try...Thaksin thinks...Pheu Thai acts...Yingluck cries. They are all intertwined my red comrade and no amount of spin will change that.

Nice try...Thaksin thinks...Pheu Thai acts...Yingluck cries. They are all intertwined my red comrade and no amount of spin will change that.

Our Dutch Uncle is very far away from being a Red Comrade.

Rice mill owners have built a reputation of being the stingiest, canniest, wiliest group of exploitative businessmen in Thailand. You can bet yo ass they are not going to do any favours for anyone without getting more back in return.

But aren't the millers also the chosen "friends" who are making a lot of money out of the pledging scheme, and often accused of irregularities with the recording of rice amounts actually in existence??

If they have benefitted so much from the scheme / scam, then don't they have an obligation to help out their "friends" in their hour of need?