Will the Chinese property buyers hugely affect Thailand's property market?

kizz06

As fas as I am concerned,Chinese passport holders will be visa-free to travel Thailand soon.I know there are already numorous Chinese living or investing in LOS.

But will this policy cause even more Chinese property buyers to come to Thailand and fundamentally make the sales price reach a new high level?

I seriously doubt it, China is teetering already...tho' there may be some high net worth individuals who will buy high end RE here to get money out of China and into assets.

The RE bubble here is ready to burst, prices to rent numbers are already stupid.

• Like 2

It is already happening.

Much of the expensive land, beach side Chanthaburi, (Chao Lao Beach) is Chinese owned.

They come n a convoys of black Benz's, a Thai speaking Chinese is showing non Thai speaking Chinese around and they make ridiculous offers on land and buy it up fast.

It is often put in the name of a Thai/Chinese Thai apparently.

• Like 1

It is already happening.

Much of the expensive land, beach side Chanthaburi, (Chao Lao Beach) is Chinese owned.

They come n a convoys of black Benz's, a Thai speaking Chinese is showing non Thai speaking Chinese around and they make ridiculous offers on land and buy it up fast.

And this news how ?.....farangs have been using proxies for many years ?

foreigner can not buy land... only dumb westerner will buy in their gf's name.

or dumb Chinese I think you meant to say?

But don't forget freehold condomimiums that are part of the property mareket - i think dumb westerner (and some smart ones) can buy one or more in his own name.

• Like 1

I agree much fewer Chinese will be so stupid to take rent-a-wife relationships so seriously.

Good article on the scene there, seems same-same as here:

http://aeon.co/magazine/living-together/why-young-women-in-rural-china-become-the-mistresses-of-wealthy-older-men/

And of course they'll be dealing in much larger numbers, and for pure business purposes, not just settling down and sitting on their butts.

I agree much fewer Chinese will be so stupid to take rent-a-wife relationships so seriously.

Good article on the scene there, seems same-same as here:

http://aeon.co/magazine/living-together/why-young-women-in-rural-china-become-the-mistresses-of-wealthy-older-men/

And of course they'll be dealing in much larger numbers, and for pure business purposes, not just settling down and sitting on their butts.

"Good article on the scene there, seems same-same as here:

http://aeon.co/magazine/living-together/why-young-women-in-rural-china-become-the-mistresses-of-wealthy-older-men/"

hum hum, except these rich chinese guy dont marry chinese bargirl....

I guess most of these chinese farmer girl, are 16-18 yo, virgin, clean, over beautiful, sexy, well manered, not drug addict, not alcoholic, no brother...... etc etc.

Only a farang will brag that his girl from pattaya is differenttongue.png and buy her a house because she worth it...

I guess most of these chinese farmer girl, are 16-18 yo, virgin, clean, over beautiful, sexy, well manered, not drug addict, not alcoholic, no brother...... etc etc.

Only a farang will brag that his girl from pattaya is different:P and buy her a house because she worth it...

Yes, I meant that the Chinese and Thai cultural patterns in this regard seem to be similar.

Obviously as strangers to this sort of thing we farang usually don't do it right, I bet the Chinese girls take the piss with us gweilo as much as the TGs.

Only a farang will brag that his girl from pattaya is different:P and buy her a house because she worth it...

Yes, I meant that the Chinese and Thai cultural patterns in this regard seem to be similar.

Obviously as strangers to this sort of thing we farang usually don't do it right, I bet the Chinese girls take the piss with us gweilo as much as the TGs.

YOU, stranger to this ....oh, I forgot you are an expert on everything "Funfon" AND ALL THE OTHER NAMES you use.....

But don't forget freehold condomimiums that are part of the property mareket - i think dumb westerner (and some smart ones) can buy one or more in his own name.

For example, half of the new condo development and shopping development was funded with cash from Hong Kong with local Thai Chinese nominees.

They are desperately hoping that yingluck stays.

If the trains don't get built. Big problem

i know for a fact that foreigners and expats in China, Japan and others asian country dont marry local bg. Only in thailand, these kind of weird thing happen.

That explain mostly why our reputation is so low here! (and we deserve it )

• Like 1

I know for a fact that foreigners and expats in China, Japan and others asian country dont marry local bg. Only in thailand, these kind of weird thing happen.

That explain mostly why our reputation is so low here! (and we deserve it )

Philippines of course being an exception to your "only in Thailand.

In most other countries, they don't allow such a publicly visible "bar girl" scene.

But the grey-area "gold diggers" are of course everywhere, just a question of whether you've got the money and status to compete.

Japanese sex workers know we're pretty third-world compared to the locals.

There are thousands of girls from the poorer Asian countries marrying foreigners all the time, most likely with the same sort of ratios for "love only" as opposed to for financial security.

But I concede few other countries have created such a systematic export industry out of it.

Edited by wym

For example, half of the new condo development and shopping development was funded with cash from Hong Kong with local Thai Chinese nominees.

Chinese property investors travelling by train ?

It is already happening.

And this news how ?.....farangs have been using proxies for many years ?

Not the red devil variety, that is soon going to dominate you.

I seriously doubt it, China is teetering already...tho' there may be some high net worth individuals who will buy high end RE here to get money out of China and into assets.

The RE bubble here is ready to burst, prices to rent numbers are already stupid.

Can you explain that ratio to someone who knows little about RE language. Whats the tipping points for that ratio. (No Bubble/Bubble/Burst Bubble)

Yes, you are correct. Foreigners can own up to 49% of a condo complex under there own name.

The new line from BKK to an nongkhai.

What I know of is a 3000 rai industrial estate, 2 massive shopping come market areas and 3 condos paid for with up front capital from Hong Kong.

It is probably the same all over the country. So when you wonder "where do they get the money from"? All is not quite as it seems.

The local Thai Chinese families manage the investment for a fee. And now you see why falangs will never be allowed to own land.

Edited by Thai at Heart

Generalization much? Please don't generalize because of your own bitter experiences and bad judgement.

The new line from BKK to an nongkhai.

What I know of is a 3000 rai industrial estate, 2 massive shopping come market areas and 3 condos paid for with up front capital from Hong Kong.

It is probably the same all over the country. So when you wonder "where do they get the money from"? All is not quite as it seems.

The local Thai Chinese families manage the investment for a fee. And now you see why falangs will never be allowed to own land.

You give the money to buy 3000 rai of land and an industrial estate, 2 massive shopping centers and 3 condos and I guarantee any American can buy the land. biggrin.png

http://www.economist.com/blogs/banyan/2013/10/infrastructure-spending-thailand

Nobody's holding their breath.

Ha, the 2020 project. But do Thai politicians have "2020 vision" when it comes to forward planning?

This 2020 dream would seem to be receding into the future, as the government struggles with immediate problems.

Edited by attento

»But will this policy cause even more Chinese property buyers to come to Thailand and fundamentally make the sales price reach a new high level?«

Presume OP is thinking of private property and not commercial transactions.

I think “rich Chinese” already for long time has bought property in Thailand. Reading the history they began more than hundred years ago – around 1900 half on Bangkok’s population were Chinese – and in the area I live, I’ve been told that many of the really expensive estates are owned by Chinese. May not be China Chinese, but from Hong Kong and Singapore. Presume it is that kind of property we normal farangs do not look for – only in our dreams – during the so-called financial depression a real-estate agent told me, that only the affordable property market suffered; the high-end were business as usual. Seems like also some rich Thais are buyers at that level.

But if OP is thinking about the more newly rich “middle class” Chinese, the additional demand may push the more affordable property market upwards. However looking at the land prices at Isaan, they have gone up quite a bit over the last decade – where you 10 year ago could buy (farm) land for some 10,000 to 20,000 baht a rai, same area today is 70,000 to 80,000 baht or more a rai – so locals seems also to be able push prices up to reach a new high level.

• Like 1

Generalization much? Please don't generalize because of your own bitter experiences and bad judgement.

No, "so seriously" meaning threatening their long-term financial security. I absolutely stand by the accuracy of this; the "much fewer" is I think a very accurate qualifier. In fact I think the truth is much closer to "hardly any".

These sorts of arrangements are a core part of their culture, they've been doing it right for thousands of years, have a primary wife for social appearances and economic partnernip, a bit on the side for fun.

Western males are often infants in comparison in this regard.

• Like 1

Wealthy Chinese investors are buying up property in America to get their money in a safer place.

Why would they buy here ???

I can't think of a reason. Buy some property to put a business on which is OK with the Treaty of Amity but why buy any more than that? US housing bubble burst and the value is there right now for the savvy investor.