Your First Bike Affair - what bike seduced you.

soihok

I wish I still had my 1981 Suzuki X7.

No photo to post sadly, only the memories, and what times...........this was my first bike after passing the test (only just missing the 250 learner limit ban in the UK).

I must have spent 100's of Pounds (uk) on the bike, endlessly cleaning and stripping it down.

Together we terrorised South Yorkshire and Derbyshire, met girls, broke down ( a lot smile.png ) went to places such as Donnington Park and Matlock Bath, club racing at Mallory Park, Cadwell Park and Snetterton.

Bought countless pistons.

Eventually sold in bits upon my exit from the UK.

Wonder where (what) it is now?

What bikes set you on your path of your obsession with 2 wheels?

post-8817-0-49221900-1391832109_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great question soihok.

For me, I was brought up in a family of Triumph riders so I still have a fondness for that brand. My first excitement was riding on mates Z1B, GT750 Kettle & CBX.

First bike was Suzuki GT175 then Kwacker KH250 triple. Had some crazy times in and around South London(Box Hill) then after a couple of kids went back to my roots with 3 Bonnevilles and a '61 Tigercub Scrambler with an V1100 MotoGuzzi LeMans inbetween.

post-156212-0-35340000-1391833038_thumb.

post-156212-0-75766200-1391833080_thumb.

• Like 2

Had many bikes before one of the first CBR900RR Fireblades in the UK registered 15th April 1992, fell in love and nothing before compared, I kept it for 12years, they changed the concept of sportbikes and ruled roost for many years.

Tried to bring it here but way too much cost, so when I came sell my '92 model had just been listed as a classic so some consolation.

Edited by Kwasaki
  • Like 1

I was seduced by this huge rear sprocket that was nested inside the smaller street sprocket. When my neighbor said he would sell his Honda 90 Trail to me, I was the happiest 13 year old on the planet. That bike spent its first two years in mud, and once I got my driving license, it took me much too far from home! This bike even make it into Playboy magazine.

http://www.hondavt500.com/page6.html

I wish I still had my 1981 Suzuki X7.

No photo to post sadly, only the memories, and what times...........this was my first bike after passing the test (only just missing the 250 learner limit ban in the UK).

I must have spent 100's of Pounds (uk) on the bike, endlessly cleaning and stripping it down.

Together we terrorised South Yorkshire and Derbyshire, met girls, broke down ( a lot smile.png ) went to places such as Donnington Park and Matlock Bath, club racing at Mallory Park, Cadwell Park and Snetterton.

Bought countless pistons.

Eventually sold in bits upon my exit from the UK.

Wonder where (what) it is now?

What bikes set you on your path of your obsession with 2 wheels?

attachicon.gif1982-gt250.jpg

Mate of mine had an X7 with a Stan Stevens tune, Micron expansion pipes and K&N's. Pissed all over another mates XJ550 and my GS550 in a drag race it was so quick but you had to keep the clutch covered as it would seize at the drop of a hat:-)

My own first love was a Honda 250N Superdream. Loved it too bits until it died writing off itself and a Vauxhall Cavalier that decided to turn right at just the wrong time.

The compensation paid for the GS550 but it wasn't the same:-(

• Like 1

Had many bikes before one of the first CBR900RR Fireblades in the UK registered 15th April 1992, fell in love and nothing before compared, I kept it for 12years, they changed the concept of sportbikes and ruled roost for many years.

Tried to bring it here but way too much cost, so when I came sell my '92 model had just been listed as a classic so some consolation.

The bike that changed everything for me too! I had a 98 RRW, I was only 20 at the time, didnt have much money and every penny went on the bike and the equally priced insurance! I learnt how to ride on that bike, fast and safely. Did my first track day on it plus many more, did my longest ever single ride to date on it, loved it! I then turned it in to a race bike and had a brief amateur racing career on it but sadly it was outgunned so I had to upgrade!

• Like 1

When I was 14 I purchased a Truimph T10 scooter from my mates dad.

It was scruffy (not like the lovely example shown), but it drove just fine and allowed me in the summer of '75 to whizz about (illegally) on the country roads where we lived.

I kinda had a thing for scooters ever since

post-26180-0-07997800-1391847201_thumb.j

• Like 1

18 years old, first big bike I ever rode. The one I rode had no baffles in the stock system and to me at the time sounded awesome. When I rode it, you couldn't wipe the smile off of my face with a baseball bat

post-6366-13918473269771_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

After the Honda 90 came a series of Yamaha dirt bikes and a Suzuki 250 Hustler. The next one to fall in love with though was the Honda 750F. That was back when 0-60 MPH in under 4 seconds was considered fast. Owned some other Honda bikes after that and rode some big Kawasaki bikes as well as a Norton 850 Commando but the 750F was always THE bike to compare other bikes to.

post-498-0-01150900-1391852016_thumb.jpg

post-498-0-39457500-1391852041_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

My love affair started with a mate's brother's Honda MT-125. We stole it for the day and buggered off to the bush, under age, no licences.....we trashed it, mate's brother not happy. It wasn't quite an Elsinore but we had fun that day.

The first bike I owned at 15 (and this is embarrassing), was a Suzuki GT125. Honda 50's would drag me off. Only had it a month and quickly traded it in.

I was 16 when I bought my first real bike - a second hand 72 RD350 in classic green and white. That bike was truly LOVED!

post-124914-0-00135000-1391853666_thumb. post-124914-0-50170100-1391853284_thumb. post-124914-0-72460000-1391853343_thumb.

• Like 1

First was a BSA Bantam. Love of my life though was my Triumph Thunderbird!

Slid it under an artic with my little brother on the back when I was 18. Broke my collar bone, twisted the bike's frame; wee brother concussed and badly bruised. It was my mother who ended up in hospital though!

• Like 1