PDRC Valentine's event targets Thaksin

webfact

PDRC Valentine's event targets Thaksin
THE NATION

30226720-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A SPECIAL celebration called "Love Thailand and Break Up with Thaksin Regime" will be held at main rally bases from tomorrow until Sunday, rally spokesman Akanat Promphan said yesterday.

The event is aimed at celebrating Maka Bucha and Valentine's days, both of which fall on tomorrow.

Street shows and musical performances will line the road from Siam Square to Ratchaprasong to Asoke. Religious rites will be held in the morning, Akanat said.

Meanwhile the Civill Court conducted hearing on a suit filed by rally leader Thaworn Senneam against Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and two other ministers.

In his suit, Thaworn accused them of violating protesters' rights and requested that the court order the government to lift the emergency decree and refrain from using force to disperse the protesters, who have all but paralysed the capital, disrupted government services, and blocked election polls.

Thaworn did not turn up at the courthouse because he is among the People's Democratic Reform Committee leaders wanted by police for violating the emergency decree affecting Greater Bangkok, so he sent his representative Sawat Charoenpol to testify on his behalf.

Sawat said prosecution witnesses giving statements yesterday included Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva, former National Security Council chief Thawil Pliansri, former government spokesman Panitan Wattanayagorn, and former Democrat MP for Bangkok Attawit Suwanpakdi.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-13

Valentine Day should be about love, not hate.

The idiots even make this day all about politics. Makes me want to throw up.

They have absolutely no idea what Valentines day is about. Asked my wife and she had never heard of the dude Saint Valentine.

They have absolutely no idea what Valentines day is about. Asked my wife and she had never heard of the dude Saint Valentine.

Its all about chocolates and flowers Chooka, I like Cadbury's walnut.cheesy.gif

Its all about chocolates and flowers Chooka, I like Cadbury's walnut.cheesy.gif

Looks like Love is breaking out all over. wub.png

But aren't TV-posters supposed to be bar-fly alcoholics, not chocaholics or Cadbury's Fruit-and-Nutcases ? whistling.gif

Cue the Cadbury's jingle :-

"Nuts, whole hazel nuts,

Cadbury's take em,

And they cover them in Chocolate !" rolleyes.gif

Oh well, back to reality ... coffee1.gif

Note how the Nation is using low-angle shots of the crowd in all of it's stories now.

Trying to cover up how few people are there.

They're still there after months. Government offices still disabled and or relocated after months. Various sectors and groups as a whole discontent with PTP. Accept it and see why.

How do you know the numbers, are you there at multiple sites every day spying and counting?

Yawn do we have to go through this everyday. Many people on TVF live and work in Bangkok, myself included. I pass through Asok twice daily at least (once on the way to work and once returning in the evening) that is how i know how few people are at the protesters. I cannot speak for after 7-8pm, but when i pass through, there are probably a maximum of 100 people in the evening and 10 at 6-8am in the morning.

Perhaps if you came to Thailand you would be able to see how little visible support at the protests there is.

Edited by metisdead
30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

Note how the Nation is using low-angle shots of the crowd in all of it's stories now.

That is your take on the matter, but I heard from reliable sources, who cannot be named, that the Nation is doing their small part to help those viewed as disadvantaged in Thailand. They hired midgets as camerapeople.

For goodness sake, lighten up a little bit, its already past 'hump day'.

Same here.

Heard of Valentines day but not the Saint.

• Like 1

To be fair, most Christians haven't.

True and I would say almost all Christians. Actually I don't know a single one that knows anything about the things they celebrate.

Why idiots... these people care about their country and want rid of the cancer which is eating it away... Rock on PDRC..... you get my vote..

• Like 1

They're still there after months. Government offices still disabled and or relocated after months. Various sectors and groups as a whole discontent with PTP. Accept it and see why.

How do you know the numbers, are you there at multiple sites every day spying and counting?

Yawn do we have to go through this everyday. Many people on TVF live and work in Bangkok, myself included. I pass through Asok twice daily at least (once on the way to work and once returning in the evening) that is how i know how few people are at the protesters. I cannot speak for after 7-8pm, but when i pass through, there are probably a maximum of 100 people in the evening and 10 at 6-8am in the morning.

Perhaps if you came to Thailand you would be able to see how little visible support at the protests there is.

No axe to grand - think both sides are in the wrong ..... but live at Asoke and work at Chidlom so see two sites a day - there's about 10% of the original crowds and it's falling by the day. The other thing that strikes me is that the normal Bangkok shoppers in Terminal 21 and Central World are not wearing the 'protest fashion' items anything like as much. Think we're all getting bored of this nonsense.

May pick up a little at the weekend - but my guess is that most people in Bangkok have better things to do on Valentines day!

If only a few people why are they not arresting Suthep?

40+ Yaba soaked armed guards?

Oh come on, will you stop making up <deleted> please ?! Show me photos or video of the 'guards' taking yaba or acting crazy, or shut up.

Had to wikipedia it too, came up with interesting info:

Saint Valentine (in Latin, Valentinus) is a widely recognized third-century Roman saint commemorated on February 14 and associated since the High Middle Ages with a tradition of courtly love.
Courtly love was a medieval European conception of nobly and chivalrously expressing love and admiration.[1] Generally, courtly love was secret and between members of the nobility.[2] It was also generally not practiced between husband and wife.

So no need to go cloak† with the nobility on the 14th if you're married already, you're exempt tongue.png

These days it's just another commercial feast, that takes all the fun out of traditions.