Chachoengsao: Bus crash injures 32

webfact

Bus crash injures 32

BANGKOK: -- An inter provincial bus with about 40 passengers from Ubon Ratchathani to Rayong skidded off the Highway 304 and overturned, injuring 32 people.

The bus belonged to Nakhonchai Air Trasport and was on Highway 304 from Chachoensao to Phanom Sarakham when the accident happened at about 3.30 a.m. today.

According to Chachoengsao police, the driver Prasert Bupacharoen said it was raining while he was on the highway to Rayong.

But as he arrived at the scene, he saw a truck lying on the roadside but with its trailer blocking the road ahead. He was shocked and quickly swerved to avoid hitting the trailer

The bus lost control, skidded and overturned on the roadside.

Fortunately nobody was dead but 32 passengers injured. All were admitted to Buddhasothorn hospital with bruises and cuts.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bus-crash-injures-32/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-02-15

More "reassurance" for the tourists ... although probably not many tourists on this route ... but then again on the other hand .. a Russian tour guide last night "fell to his death" according to police .. another day in Paradise giggle.gif

Edited by rogerdee123

While the political turmoil goes on and on busses keep crashing and still hardly anything is being done about traffic safety. Thousands die every year.

Dearest darling of isan miss PM, ma'am, please get the hell out of the job. Go shopping, visit far countries, do anything. But please, please, please, beat it, scram, <deleted> off, vaporise, anything.

Thai people need help to make life better. They deserve it makmak. Please don't obstruct progress any longer.

Edited by EricBerg
  • Like 1

But as he arrived at the scene, he saw a truck lying on the roadside but with its trailer blocking the road ahead. He was shocked and quickly swerved to avoid hitting the trailer.

Let's not always blame the bus drivers.

Nakhonchai Air have a good reputation and service.

Here is to blame the idiotic parking of the truck, often seen on Thai roads.

I totally agree with you einstien, if truck wants to have an accident, he should have it wher it does not affect other traffic.

• Like 2

Nakhon Chai Air are generally good and have a better than average safety record.

I think this route may go through Pattaya so there may have been some mongers onboard having done the trip up to the Isaan village. No reports yet.

While the political turmoil goes on and on busses keep crashing and still hardly anything is being done about traffic safety. Thousands die every year.

Dearest darling of isan miss PM, ma'am, please get the hell out of the job. Go shopping, visit far countries, do anything. But please, please, please, beat it, scram, <deleted> off, vaporise, anything.

Thai people need help to make life better. They deserve it makmak. Please don't obstruct progress any longer.

Would you mind explaining to me just WHAT THE HELL the PM has to do with this? This is a road accident, and is in no way political. I think you've been glued to Blue Sky TV and really need a break.

Stupid me, I was under the impression that a Prime Minister has the power to enforce traffic laws.

• Like 1

This must rank as one of the cheapest shots I have even read on TV.

And telling the PM of a country where you are not a citizen to beat it, scram, <deleted> off, vaporise, is really overstepping the mark. Please don't forget your place in this country.

It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

This must rank as one of the cheapest shots I have even read on TV.

And telling the PM of a country where you are not a citizen to beat it, scram, <deleted> off, vaporise, is really overstepping the mark. Please don't forget your place in this country.

It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

Huh?

• Like 2

Eric Berg makes noise as a broken crank shaft in a 1979 Isuzu 6 cilinder diesel bus engine. In 7 years the most dumb post ever. YL and a bus crash. What is next: beach flees in Samet to be blamed on Thaksin? Mr Berg needs a control alt delete. Buy some Sangsom and switch the aparatus off.

• Like 1

Would you mind explaining to me just WHAT THE HELL the PM has to do with this? This is a road accident, and is in no way political. I think you've been glued to Blue Sky TV and really need a break.

Stupid me, I was under the impression that a Prime Minister has the power to enforce traffic laws.

Eric Berg makes noise as a broken crank shaft in a 1979 Isuzu 6 cilinder diesel bus engine. In 7 years the most dumb post ever. YL and a bus crash. What is next: beach flees in Samet to be blamed on Thaksin? Mr Berg needs a control alt delete. Buy some Sangsom and switch the aparatus off.

Espinete, you might have missed aveabeeror's post as well. PM to enforce traffic laws cheesy.gif

Mr. Gweiloman. I noticed the post. But my beloved PM has her hands full on sissies blocking the traffic and junctions for weeks. You can't expect her to enforce regulations on bus tyres or sleepy drivers. Or trucks parked badly. She can't break iron with hands. Give her 10 years instead of the recent 2 for God's sake. Thailand will be a better place.

Edited by Espinete
  • Like 1

Continue posting in an inflammatory, off-topic manner if you wish to get a suspension.

I travel that road several times a week. It is unbelievable the number of accidents I have seen. There is a huge amount of truck traffic on the road and some very terrible accidents. I have seen 18 wheelers over turned; a 3-bus collision; a double tandem dump truck loaded with dirt overturned (blocking the entire road), not to mention many car and pickup accidents. I have only been on that road a couple of times that I haven't seen an accident. It's a fairly fast moving road, so accidents tend to be quite bad.

• Like 1

Hell Guys

But as he arrived at the scene, he saw a truck lying on the roadside but with its trailer blocking the road ahead. He was shocked and quickly swerved to avoid hitting the trailer.

If he hadn't been driving so fast he would have been able to stop ... It's like saying I swerved to avoid a parked car!!! Now if that car stopped suddenly OK but as the trailer had been there sometime ............same same speed speed

Edited by JAS21
  • Like 2

Of course, he was probably going to fast if he couldn't stop, but it was 3:30 in the morning and I believe it had been reported that it had been raining.

My experience on that road is that most vehicles, including large, rather slow moving trucks, travel in the passing lane which means that it is necessary to undertake, rather than overtake vehicles. The road has a lot of motorcycles which travel the wrong way, many without headlights (there are some large factories on the road and a number of villages). It's difficult to see past the trucks. The median is a deep V shaped ditch with a lot of trees.

I believe this was the same road where the 9 passengers were killed in a van and a few weeks later another van collision with 7 injured.

I have experienced that road well and nearly lost control in a simplistic Honda Jazz with ABS, doing nothing but a straight line, because the roads are covered in oil and fish factory drippings, which are dispersed nowhere and, even with ABS, skidding on roads covered in oils is unavoidable. Accidents happen, and in this case I do not hold the driver responsible, and nor did he run from the scene, keeping responsibility.

Idiotic posts arriving again, from those who simply want to diss Thailand and driving.

The roads there do need anti-agents applied to waste flow, dropped by passing lorries, but Thailand is not a western country. Time to remember that, and if you don't like it, foff and moan to your last government for letting your mentality down.

What freaks me on the Thai highways are the random 'U' turn exits on the main road....... you pull out to overtake a truck, so you're doing 60 kph +...... to be confronted by a queue of traffic waiting to do a U turn........ who plans all this ?

• Like 1

If you have ever seen a Nakhonchan Air bus you have to know this is not a Thai average bus and service. New buses, cool and full useful staff. So if anything is happening to a bus in TH this doesn't mean: driver's fault.

You guys very like to judge anything with out any information. mai dee.

Let's not always blame the bus drivers.

Nakhonchai Air have a good reputation and service.

Here is to blame the idiotic parking of the truck, often seen on Thai roads.

Well done, that's the first rational post you've made.

Hell Guys

If he hadn't been driving so fast he would have been able to stop ... It's like saying I swerved to avoid a parked car!!! Now if that car stopped suddenly OK but as the trailer had been there sometime ............same same speed speed

No it's not, it's like saying he had to swerve to avoid hitting a trailer blocking the carriageway, not a parked car.

"...driving so fast...", do you know how fast the bus was travelling? Of course you don't, you just want to add a fallacy to the report that many posters here will take for gospel. It really doesn't matter if you do or not, NCA do as all their buses are equipped with GPS.

Mr. Gweiloman. I noticed the post. But my beloved PM has her hands full on sissies blocking the traffic and junctions for weeks. You can't expect her to enforce regulations on bus tyres or sleepy drivers. Or trucks parked badly. She can't break iron with hands. Give her 10 years instead of the recent 2 for God's sake. Thailand will be a better place.

More idiotic speculation, what has tyres or sleepy drivers got to do with this?