Yingluck to work outside Bangkok to avoid protesters

webfact

POLITICS
Yingluck to work outside Bangkok to avoid protesters

Jeerapong Prasertpolkrung
The Nation

30227695-01_big.gif
Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra visits OTOP (One Tambon, One Product) Centre in Saraburi

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra plans to work from locations in provinces neighbouring Bangkok to avoid being hounded by anti-government protesters, a Government House source said yesterday.

She and her Cabinet will perform their duties in provinces near Bangkok and return to the capital on a daily basis, but will not reveal their locations due to security concerns," the source said.

The source said the premier and her Cabinet would no longer use the office of the Permanent Secretary for Defence in Muang Thong Thani, as it was seen to be at risk of being besieged by the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC).

Her movements and activities will be kept secret to prevent her being targeted by anti-government protesters, some of who have vowed to capture the premier, the source said.

Yingluck yesterday appeared in public to perform official duties as premier for the first time since the PDRC surrounded her office at the Permanent Secretary for Defence's office last Wednesday.

She inspected the Saraburi One Tambon One Product (Otop) centre in Chalerm Phrakiat district and suggested that more roadside Otop centres be built to improve people's living conditions. She also encountered a small group of PDRC protesters during her visit to the centre.

Yingluck was accompanied by caretaker Transport Minister Chadchart Sittipunt, caretaker Deputy Education Minister Sermsak Pongpanich and caretaker PM's deputy secretary-general Pol Maj-General Tawat Boonfueng.

The premier will chair a Cabinet meeting this morning and a Defence Council meeting in the afternoon. Both meetings will be held at the Royal Thai Air Force Headquarters in Don Muang.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-02-25
  • Like 1

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rumour my wife tells me is that she is going to set up temp government in Chiangmai.

Dear YK should consider moving herself and the entire cabinet to Dubai, which will keep her well away from protestors..

No, Hawaii is the best option, because she can Hula Hila her trouble away. Big Brother in Dubai has collected enough money over the years from all those SCAMS...

• Like 1

I heard she's writing a new book: "How to become a telecommuter and work from home."

Chapters include: Who needs Press or Public relations? Use Facebook & Twitter

: & The new leadership paradigm of leading through absenteeism & avoidance

Source please?

<She inspected the Saraburi One Tambon One Product (Otop) centre in Chalerm Phrakiat district and suggested that more roadside Otop centres be built to improve people's living conditions.>

If there was anything wrong, she was not able to tell.

What is the point for her to go there while she has more important issues to deal with?

I heard she's writing a new book: "How to become a telecommuter and work from home."

Chapters include: Who needs Press or Public relations? Use Facebook & Twitter

: & The new leadership paradigm of leading through absenteeism & avoidance

Source please?

Such a book might be a trifle dull & lifeless, not to mention 30%-short ?

needs more hot-sauce please ! rolleyes.gif

The rumour my wife tells me is that she is going to set up temp government in Chiangmai.

And you think your wife's rumors are worth repeating?

are you attacking my wife? What has she ever done to you?

I thought it was an interesting rumor worth repeating Chooka.

More than one red shirt leader has suggested this and she knows that's the safest place in Thailand for her. Quiet possible I would have thought and something cousin caretaker FM probably has on his planned overseas jaunt. Test the key foreign reaction to working with a "government in exile".

Well if the planning and forethought for her leadership 'outside Bangkok', follow the pattern she and this government have shown to date, they will still be on the circle by pass expressway next week, trying to decide which exit ramp to take.