Kor Ror 2 and Kor Ror 3

Yes you are applying for an exten sion of stay based on marriage. Have never heard that these documents such as

Kor Ror 2 och 3 have anything to do with this.

But there are some experts soon answering here, who can give you correct information.

Glegolo

The Kor Ror 3 is your fancy marriage certificate you got from the Amphoe.

The Kor Ror 2 is the marriage registry. You or your wife can get one at any Amphoe for 20 baht. Some offices want them to be dated within 30 days of application. My wife gets a new one just before we go to apply for the extesnion.

Done quite a few yearly extensions but always with original kor ror2, dated from the date we married. Never knew they had to be less then 1 year old ?

Some offices want an up to date one to prove that you have not gotten divorced. Other don't.

I ask my wife to pick up a new one just so I don't get a surprise if they want a new one because they are so easy to get.

• Like 2

If you were married a long time ago, over 15 years ago you might need to contact the amphur where you got married and ask them to put it in the online database so the form can be gotten from any amphur.

This is VERY true. We just went through the hassle of having to have our district amphur contact the Chonburi amphur and have them enter our Kor's into the online data base so we could get a copy over here in Kaeng Krachan. We were married over 5 years ago and they still had not entered it to the data base. They successfully entered it and we got a copy, went back to Hua Hin and completed my application for extension. It is now accessible locally so we can avoid any future hassles.

• 2 months later...

You can get them at any Amphoe.

Wow, I was just ready to drive all the way to Haad Yai (2hours) to ask them what to do since my permit to stay is almost up and our marriage was in Phuket.

Then I read your post.

If your right that any Amphur can issue it you just saved me a considerable amount of time, money and stress...thanks very much for this valuable info.

• 3 months later...

I was just told by immigration (province purposely not named until I get my extension) that Kor Ror 2 must be issued within 7 days of visa extension request. I tried to argue that mine was only 11 months old (and my wife was with me). They told me to leave and come back the next day with newly issued Kor Ror 2

I always recommend people get an up to date Kor Ror 2 before going to immigration.

If there is an Amphoe near the immigration office you should of been able to get one and gone right back to immigration,

A week sounds a bit much but that is not all that unreasonable since they are so easy to get unless you have married for more than 15 years and have never gotten one since then.

I