Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

132 pages in, and still nothing!!! I wonder what the ThaiVisa record is for longest running thread?

<snip>

Even the infamous "Rain" thread went to only 107 pages...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/20045-rain/page-107?hl=rain

Although it did run for 5 1/2 years. smile.png

<snip>

As for the topic, it's just amazing to me that, in this world of satellites and radars and sophisticated computers and electronics, etc etc., that something the size of a 777 flying around an inhabited part of the world can simply be made to disappear?

Where's Big Brother when you need him???

It didn't actually disappear, did it.

That's a bit like asking: "If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?"

So, just because we don't know where it is, doesn't mean it disappeared or vanished. It's there somewhere, we just haven't found it yet.

And "yet" may be a long, long time.

The French plane was locatable to within 10sq miles and it took 2 years to find the bits on the bottom.

They don't even have this plane to 100s of sq miles yet. It is worse than a needle in a haystack and once the pings stop, the most obvious outcome is that it will never be found.

Unless of course, it didn't ditch in the sea.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree with RubbaJohnny about not seeing the full picture.

I am not convinced we are hearing the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth from Malaysia.

Military action would probably have left debris somewhere?

Facts remain, all else is conjecture.

But if somebody's not revealing facts, finding the black box becomes increasingly difficult and increasingly important.

What actually happened remains unclear.

My hunch for what it's worth is this:

The background to this incident is socio-political differences between Malaysia, or certain factions in Malaysia, and the PRC.

I am very happy to be proven wrong.

Only thing that matters is finding the truth.

inmarsat calcs have ruled out any mystery flights to elsewhere on the planet esp diago garcia so you can forget those ideas ...

How confident can we be that the search operation is now being conducted in the right area?

Pretty confident. While some senior figures in aviation have questioned the accuracy of the analysis of the sparse satellite “pings,” Inmarsat’s calculations have been cross checked by the UK’s Air Accident Investigations Branch, which is very highly regarded.

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/flight-mh370-four-weeks-on-the-key-questions-answered-9239213.html

Yep. South Indian Ocean is as good as it gets.

Most likely target KL if a 9/11, given the timing of events.

Either aborted/failed mission ended up there

...or mission successful, and that is exactly where somebody wanted to dump it.

Chinese ship has detected a pulse signal in 370 search area - CNN

Thanks Arma:

(CNN) -- [breaking news alert, 7:39 a.m.]

A Chinese patrol ship has discovered Saturday a pulse signal with a frequency of 37.5 kHz in the southern Indian Ocean, state news agency Xinhua reported.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/05/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

If it's Chinese take away who has the authority to

Open theBox' is the property of Malaysian Airlines or finders keepers

Expect some Ping Pong diplomacy

Hard to imagine the Chinese would allow MH to hande anything after their recent performance.

At last we may find out the facts and the rlatives have some certainty

Edited by RubbaJohnny

Like Boeing? smile.png

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I said independent authority chic.

ie; somebody with nothing to lose or gain.

We need a very high quality referee in this game.

thumbsup.gif

I guess that would leave only me as a choice

Like Boeing? smile.png

thumbsup.gif

The French maybe. giggle.gif

DG ? Dolce and Gabbiano, Directorate General The Chinese minister 耿惠昌

has a background in IT expionage,perhasp no moreso than any other agency guy,

The role in the much Bout case in Siam says it all,

The crimes of MSS director, Viktor Bout's framing, and Dimitri Khalezov's “Third Truth”

LEGEND
MSS: Ministry of State Security, the Chinese foreign intelligence service
Vice President: Dick Cheney
Mr Secretary of Homeland Security: Michael Chertoff
MSS director: director of Ministry of State Security, China's spy chief
(The then) Russian President: Vladmir Putin
Madam President of the International Court of Justice: judge Higgins
Chinese president: Hu Jintao
If you are familiar with the case of Viktor Bout and the “Third Truth” propounded by a certain Dimitri
Khalezov, this chapter will quite surprise you. Both Viktor Bout and Dimitri Khalezov are
tremendously implicated in the International Court battle which my December 2007 flight to China has
engendered.
Let us follow the narrative which we have laid out in Appendix One of Vol. One, “Synopsis of CIA's
United States had established, conclusively to the satisfaction of the Madam President of the
International Court, that I was running a conspiracy with the director of the MSS by intentionally
supplying him with my story and my information and was knowingly receiving and following the
instructions he gave me, all in order to harm the United States, China became obliged under UN
Resolution 1373 to help the United States neutralize the threat I posed to the United States.
That was, remember, early February 2008, when I was in Brussels. The neutralization of the threat meant
reversing all the harms which MSS director had already inflicted on the United States: exposing, in the
UN Security Council, United States' perpetration of 911 attacks on itself and support of Islamic
terrorism in Central Asia to harm Chinese interests and destabilize China, and convicting, in the
International Court of Justice, United States as a terrorism-sponsoring state.
Moreover, the Madam
President of the ICJ was persuaded by CIA's lawyers that the proper compensation to the United States
for suffering such abuse of UN Resolution 1373 consisted in making China suffer all that which China
had intended to make United States suffer: “An eye for an eye”. All this meant that China was now
required by international law to help United States hide away United States' role in 911 attacks

http://chinese-leaders.org/geng-huichang/

I'm no IT boffin but would imagine

1 A fake blackbox could be retrofitted esp if you had destroyred the original via shooting down the plane or finding it then destroying it.I guess experts would know if it was tampered with.

Where are they produced anyone`?

2 A box could be planted?

Another conflictiing opinion here

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/03/23/mh-370-shoot-down-the-plot-thickens/

I was going to post that the chances of finding the plane are slim, but the Titanic was found.

Is Malaysia footing the entire bill for the search?

They knew almost exactly where to look for the Titanic. There were survivors. Another ship arrived at the point of the sinking to pick them up. The Titanic was in a shipping lane. There wasn't any GPS or satellite surveillance to provide precision, but no mystery (beyond some fairly abstract structural details) about what happened. The two events are not really comparable in terms of the search effort required. And that's assuming the aircraft really is down there west of Australia somewhere, which I think more & more people are going to stop accepting on faith if something's not found.

Jump in and beat me up if I'm wrong, but the impresson I've had is that the Malaysian government, after about the first week or so, decided they just wanted the whole thing to go away and is now pretty much in lip-service mode with not much enthusiasm for a painstaking ongoing investigation or search. 'Reminds me of a certain national police occasionally discussed here on TV...

For the lawyers, what does it take for survivors in a situation like this to be able to collect insurance proceeds and file claims?

Titanic was also a couple of huge chunks of metal semi intact. Flight 370 is perhaps a bunch of very small pieces very spread out, even more so than 447, as a controlled ditch with a largely intact plane remaining seems unlikely.

I addressed liability and insurance coverage here a few threads back.

Early in process or at this time, insurance company fir MAS and airline will try and will successfully pay some very nominal settlements that are less than the cost of defense for those claims.

Once litigation is filed and begins to move forward, insurance company will file a declaratory judgment action if no plane is found. While I have not reviewed the MAS policy at issue, I have reviewed other aircraft hull and airline policies issued by Lloyds and AIG, Insurance companies know how to draft policy language to address losses such as these. Insurance companies (hull, primary and reinsurers) will argue no evidence of a covered event, that this was a non covered act of terrorism and that no one can present evidence to the contrary.

A lawsuit against Boeing will also be exceedingly difficult for same reasons.

I would blame air port security if representing insurance companies in dec action or representing Boeing. Absent evidence to contrary, insurance company and Boeing may circumvent liability.

MAS will still be on the hook as would air port security if MAS asserted security negligence.

Obtaining jurisdiction in the US where payouts for air disasters are generally larger may be a difficult proposition. I believe precedent in China and SE Asia compensation for air disasters may reflect very small payments. Accordingly, I would expect the trend of very small payouts for air disaster claims in this region to continue here particularly without evidence as to what happened or why it happened.

Like Boeing? smile.png

thumbsup.gif

"We need a very high quality referee in this game".

Where do we find that type of people on this planet?

Maybe we have to do with a pseudo high quality referee!

tongue.png

Like Boeing? smile.png

thumbsup.gif

"We need a very high quality referee in this game".

Where do we find that type of people on this planet?

Maybe we have to do with a pseudo high quality referee!

tongue.png

Breaking news ...7.30pm asian pacific time05Apr2014.ABCnews/liveperth

Chinese patrol boat locates a signal that is the same frequency used on flight recorders.

Awaiting further confirmation.

We should call you 'Scoop'.

Okay, I see they may have found a signal possibly emitted from 370 back box since I posted the above insurance company payout tactics and settlement values.

I hope they are able to retrieve the box and provide some closure for the families.

I wake up and check here for the latest news on 370 as it is much quicker than waiting on news channel loop. You guys generally provide a good summary of latest overnight developments.