Beaches in Cha am. Cha am in sonkran?

advancebooking

Hi there

We were thinking of heading to Cha am over sonkran. What is it like in Cha am over sonkran? How big are the crowds on the beach?

If we were to hire a bike, can we ride to beaches away from cha am for relaxing day trips?

I remember visiting hua hin 6 yrs ago and rode a bike south of hua hin - started down a busy road and then drove towards the beach and found a few quiet beaches. I cant remember the names.

I would appreciate it if you could give info on the beaches in the area.

Finally, can you recommend a nice resort to stay in - in cha am or close to it. If there is a newly built hotel that would be great.

thanks

• Like 1

The main beach area of Cha-am is crowded during Songkran, but a lot of fun with a mostly Thai crowd. During Songkran I would recommend that you stay a 10 minute drive south of the main area if Cha-am, at Springfield Beach. There are 2 modern resorts located there, Springfield-at-Sea at the northern end and The Verandah at the southern end. Regarding bike rides to explore other beach areas, I would recommend a 30 min ride north to Puktian beach, it's quite clean and had some unique sculptures a short distance offshore.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Maybe try the Hua hin after Dark Forum, always lots of info about the area and accommodation,

Hope you enjoy your time there.

Su Wat Dee Pee Maithumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

Unsure what's happened to that forum, as their website has been down the last 2 days.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Maybe try the Hua hin after Dark Forum, always lots of info about the area and accommodation,

Hope you enjoy your time there.

Su Wat Dee Pee Maithumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

Unsure what's happened to that forum, as their website has been down the last 2 days.

Just tried it, and appears to be up again...huahinafterdark.com or you may try huahinforum.comthumbsup.gif

• 2 weeks later...