Police Pound For Stolen Vehicles

UKJASE

We have lost our motorbike in Hua Hin, and have approached the police for help, but i am not 100% sure they are very interested

i am thinking maybe the bike has been used, ran out of petrol, abandoned somewhere, and then maybe someone has called the police and taken it back to a pound somewhere where lost and found vehicles are stored

does anyone know of such a pound so that i can go down and have a look myself?

Edited by UKJASE

i was down at the main police station today and they have a lot of bikes chained up and dusty behind there, so some bikes must get taken back there once in the police's possession

i know our car once got towed onto pala u road too, where they have a small pound

but our beloved Scoopy is not resting at either of these places sad.png

any one know of any others to try?

When you say "lost your motorbike" i'm guessing you parked it somewhere, right ?

if yes, try and find out IF there were any parking restrictions (sometimes they vary from day to day) i parked a bike in nakhon pathom went to bkk came back next day and the bike was gone. went to the police station. it was there i had parked it in the wrong place, small fine and sorted.. in Hua hin, maybe same. Not sure how many stations you may have to check!

• Like 1

Was it parked in a quiet area over night. If so I would think it was stolen and you should contact your insurance company... lots of bike thefts here if left overnight in areas where they are easy to take into the back of a pickup. They take them to a shop where they can rewire the ignition to fit their key, get rid of any way to identify the bike and sell it to a Thai in a rural area or village where it will never be questioned.

• Like 1

Was it parked in a quiet area over night. If so I would think it was stolen and you should contact your insurance company... lots of bike thefts here if left overnight in areas where they are easy to take into the back of a pickup. They take them to a shop where they can rewire the ignition to fit their key, get rid of any way to identify the bike and sell it to a Thai in a rural area or village where it will never be questioned.

i am afraid it was not insured hhfarang, it only had standard insurance from the transport office, which only covers for third party accidents i believe (?)

the reason i think it may have been taken and dumped, is that the ignition had recently become faulty and it could be started quite easily with most keys, or even a knife

i am optimistically thinking that the bike has been taken on a joy ride, and when the fuel has ran out, it is one of the bikes that needs a key to top up, so being without the key, they may have just dumped the bike by the road

after a few days the bike may start to look abandoned to observant locals, and they have called their friendly local policeman, who has taken it away on the back of a flat bed, to be stored within a local pound

it is not at the back of the police station so far, so was wondering where else it may have been taken to, if it did end up with the police

it is a long shot i know, but lots of things turn up via thaivisa thumbsup.gif

Ukjase. I thought you said it was "beloved" and now your telling us it had a dodgy ignition and no theft insurance (usually sold with the bike from new, about 2k for 2 years)

I hope you get your beloved back!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

i forgot to follow this up guys......

we found our bike! me and the mrs went to the market at soi 112. as she was buying the last of the vegetables, i was standing in the car park area, next to a scoopy the same coulour as ours. i was looking at it, then noticed some white marks on the front mud guard the same as ours. i then went and checked the speedo and it had about 1000 more km more than ours did. i then noticed some lucky orange rope from the monks, tied in the same place as ours. i went round the back of the back and the number plate was missing

i thought this is our bike!

luckily i had the key on me, just in case this occasion arose. i jumped on the bike, and put the key in, and sure enough it started. the look on my mrs' face when she turned round and came to the car park was priceless!!

not sure how the guys who took it managed to start it, without hot wiring it, but happy days

the bearings were a bit shot, like 6 people and their dogs had been riding it at once, but we have changed the ignition barrel and the bearings and scoopy has been back with us now and is looking as happy as ever thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I trust you have actually CHECKED the frame and engine numbers from your greenbook!

+1.

Else you are (maybe) driving a stolen bike !

we took the bike back to the cop station and they checked the numbers matched, plus it had my belongings still under the seat, plus my arse groove in the seat etc etc

i would recognise our little scoopy anywhere. we have had her since she was fresh off the production line

she was missing 5 weeks altogether, so she was sorely missed

at last i can relax on the roads again, and dont have to keep looking at registration plates whilst driving around. was driving me crackers blink.png

i still cant work out how they took it though, as no damage was done to the ignition unit, plus they would have needed to put petrol in, which requires a key too. i guess they somehow identified what key was required and got one cut. clever xxxx's lock.gif.pagespeed.ce.HUpoQX69cx.gif