30 years on, KFC Thailand going strong

webfact

I would love to see KFC get into the burger business. McDonald's offers chicken, why doesn't KFC offer burgers?

They do.

No, they don't. At least not any of the half-dozen I've been to.

[edit]

Okay I've just looked at their online menu and I see that they are calling a chicken sandwich a "burger". What most Americans when they say burger (and what I was referring to in my post) is a hamburger made from beef, not a chicken sandwich. That's why I drew the comparison to McDonald's.

I suppose I'll need to be more careful in the future when talking about burgers, in the same way that a shake isn't really a shake here - it's a fruit smoothie.

Tinglish!

fair enough in Australia we hamburgers, chicken burgers and fish burgers all still considered burgers. Don't McDonald's in thai use pork in their burgers where as in the west it is beef

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, never eat at a KFC. But the same company, Yum, owns Taco Bell. And I would love to start seeing a chain of Taco Bell's pop up in every mall.

I have it on very good authority that you wont be waiting long for you Taco Bell fix.

• Like 1

Okay, never eat at a KFC. But the same company, Yum, owns Taco Bell. And I would love to start seeing a chain of Taco Bell's pop up in every mall.

I have it on very good authority that you wont be waiting long for you Taco Bell fix.

It's called we call it Taco Bill down under and I don't mind it. I haven,t had anything that resembles Mexican for awhile.

I bet not many people don't know that in America KFC is no longer even the biggest chicken fast food restaurant like it used to be.

If you ever want a good laugh, order a "bucket" of chicken at KFC.There is barely enough chicken to cover the bottom and it looks pretty empty. They make the buckets many times bigger than they need to be and have the audacity to back it up with pictures showing chicken brimming over the top. I would love to see them demonstrate that feat in real life. Really false advertising and surprised no one has taken them to task over it.

Yes and that is what is called marketing, big bucket / nothing inside..... But hey I guess they want to be seen there... DUH?

I guess this is the new Thainess......... thumbsup.gifcheesy.gifgiggle.gif

kilosierra

30 years ? that can explain why so many locals are getting fat ... thanks to the American junk food , when you see how fat they are in the US ... you would understand the danger of junk food.

Mexico is fatter than the US and people in the UK are also suffering very high obesity rates. Difficult to blame it on KFC. Fish and chips and refried beans aren't any healthier.

• Like 1

I bet not many people don't know that in America KFC is no longer even the biggest chicken fast food restaurant like it used to be.

KFC has more stores in the US than any other chicken fast food franchise but I think recently Chick-fil-A passed it in annual sales. Globally no fast food chain has more location except McDonalds.

• Like 1

30 years ? that can explain why so many locals are getting fat ... thanks to the American junk food , when you see how fat they are in the US ... you would understand the danger of junk food.

Mexico is fatter than the US and people in the UK are also suffering very high obesity rates. Difficult to blame it on KFC. Fish and chips and refried beans aren't any healthier.
now you are making me hungry. Fish and chips now there is something you won't find in Thailand. As soon as I get back to Australia I am going to get a nice piece of flake, a couple of potatoes cakes and decent chips. Not french fries. Edited by Kooweerup
  • Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I took my wife to a KFC on our first date and she was delighted. Now she is too hi-so to be caught dead in a KFC. I still have it a couple times a year; prefer Thai food. Do Brits and Aussies have chains similar to what they have in the US? If so, which are represented in the Kingdom? I really don't want to look at American chain stores in Thailand but would be interested in some British or Australian food.

We've got all the U.S ones in Oz sorry, plus a couple of copies like Chicken Treat, just another take away. no kangaroo steaks ,lizard OZ or Kola Bear soup, chains.

I'd be happy if they would start putting all 11 of the secret herbs and spices back here in TL whistling.gif

The stuff in TL tastes different from what I ate in the US.

It still tastes good mind you. Just not as good as it is back in the US.

Aha! I was going to say the same thing. Definitely doesn't have the 11 secret herbs and spices...tasted just like fried battered chicken. It was so disappointing, I was going to complain to KFC international.

I wonder if they did product testing here first and tweaked the recipe? GF says they used to serve it with rice instead of fries. Hard to imagine.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I took my wife to a KFC on our first date and she was delighted. Now she is too hi-so to be caught dead in a KFC. I still have it a couple times a year; prefer Thai food. Do Brits and Aussies have chains similar to what they have in the US? If so, which are represented in the Kingdom? I really don't want to look at American chain stores in Thailand but would be interested in some British or Australian food.

We've got all the U.S ones in Oz sorry, plus a couple of copies like Chicken Treat, just another take away. no kangaroo steaks ,lizard OZ or Kola Bear soup, chains.

Butt we (Antipodeans) have PIES! Some very very good ones too.

• Like 1

It's called we call it Taco Bill down under and I don't mind it. I haven,t had anything that resembles Mexican for awhile.

Try Sunrisa on Sukhumvit between soi 12-14. Surprisingly good, but ii it TexMex and not authentic Mexican.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d815933-Reviews-Sunrise_Tacos_Sukhumvit_12-Bangkok.html

http://www.sunrisetacos.com

• Like 1

I can't seem to find Pattaya on their online ordering system. Do they not deliver in Pattaya or am I doing something wrong?

Den

Write your order on a paper, stick it in a small bottle and put it in the toilet then flush twice as it may be a long way to KFC from your place.

• Like 1

This sounds like a TAT press release.

Sounds like a KFC press release. Thank you very much Nation for bringing this to my attention and calling it "News". Otherwise I might have missed this important information...

now you are making me hungry. Fish and chips now there is something you won't find in Thailand. As soon as I get back to Australia I am going to get a nice piece of flake, a couple of potatoes cakes and decent chips. Not french fries.

Lots of Australian football pubs on Sukhumvit sois 11-17 area. Run by Australians and large portions to suit an Aussie appetite. Really tasty fish and chips. Cheap beer too. Well, relatively cheap.

• Like 1

Ditto! Even back in Kentucky KFC was at the bottom of my chicken franchise choices, Lee's was much better... I agree it would be great to see some Taco Bell's here, can't understand McD's and KFC which I rarely eat at everywhere, but no Taco Bells... Also Fazoli's and Long John Silver's (or Captain D's) would be nice...

• Like 1

Sadly, the US dominates the fast-food business. Even Outback Steakhouse is a Florida company.

now you are making me hungry. Fish and chips now there is something you won't find in Thailand. As soon as I get back to Australia I am going to get a nice piece of flake, a couple of potatoes cakes and decent chips. Not french fries.

Lots of Australian football pubs on Sukhumvit sois 11-17 area. Run by Australians and large portions to suit an Aussie appetite. Really tasty fish and chips. Cheap beer too. Well, relatively cheap.
will keep it in mind if I am ever in bkk.

Butt we (Antipodeans) have PIES! Some very very good ones too.

If you're talking meat pies, I'm there. Know any place in BKK where I can get a decent Australian style meat pie?

Driving past a farm in oz I was doing 80 kph and noticed a 3 legged chook running beside me,

I went to 100kph and it ran past me into a farm so I turned off to have a look.

We'll on this farm there were hundreds of three legged chooks running all over the joint.

I found the farmer and asked him what's the go?

He said he heard that KFC were always short of drumsticks so he thought he'd make a killing in the market by breeding three legged chickens,

Brilliant I said what do they taste like?

Don't know he replied I have never caught one of the bastards!

Boom boom!

Best Italian food in Bangkok is La Casa on Khao San Road http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d938961-Reviews-La_Casa_Intalian_Restaurant-Bangkok.html

Best New Orleans food in Bangkok is Burbon St. on Sukhumvit 63 http://www.bourbonstbkk.com

Bourbun Street uses the wrong kind of bread on their sandwiches, or at least they did on their Muffuletta when I was there; it wasn't really a muffuletta. Their chicken fried steak is sort of okay but . . . well, this is Bangkok. Other things on the menu there work well. I've known people who order the Thanksgiving Day turkeys from them, and they say they're very good. This town also needs a few Scholtzky's.

KFC in Thailand is by far the worst I have had anywhere. Just rubbish, barely fit to be consumed. It's better to spend a little extra and go somewhere like Santa Fe etc...

Excuse me? Santa Fe's chicken would appear to be pre-digested, as in not an actual breast as described. By pre-digested, I mean it was soaked in enzymes intended to break down the tendons and non muscle components. Food processors, call it a marinade. However those of us who can read chemical formulas would say otherwise. When did breasts come as squares of soft darkish substance? The "meat" appears to have been formed from all sorts of components including parts one would not normally serve. Have a close look at that "chicken" you are eating at Sante Fe and even Sizzler next time you are there. At least KFC does serve actual chicken in its battered versions. The popcorn stuff is the garbage components, while the chicken strips and filets really are taken from breast meat. I keep saying I won't go back to Sizzler, but I give in every 6 months or so. I like the salad bar. The "meat" is low quality. If KFC had a salad bar, I could justify going there. :)

• Like 2

Best Italian food in Bangkok is La Casa on Khao San Road http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293916-d938961-Reviews-La_Casa_Intalian_Restaurant-Bangkok.html

Best New Orleans food in Bangkok is Burbon St. on Sukhumvit 63 http://www.bourbonstbkk.com

Bourbun Street uses the wrong kind of bread on their sandwiches, or at least they did on their Muffuletta when I was there; it wasn't really a muffuletta. Their chicken fried steak is sort of okay but . . . well, this is Bangkok. Other things on the menu there work well. I've known people who order the Thanksgiving Day turkeys from them, and they say they're very good. This town also needs a few Scholtzky's.

It's nearly impossible to get muffaletta (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muffaletta) bread outside of New Orleans. Chicken fried steak is not New Orleans food. That's Texas food. He has a Mexican buffet on Wed or Thur that are pretty good, also. Great fish dishes and the only place I know in Thailand to find craw fish (crayfish to you Yankees out there). BTW, zydeco, did you know your name is Cajun for 'snap bean' and is the name for the jumpin' black Cajun Music in Louisiana. Laissez les bon temps rouler. (let the good times roll) Clifton Chenier King of Zydeco https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H4YREqh9pY

• Like 1