True Vision Satellite Channel Shuffle

Suradit69

If I read the announcement scrolling across the screen correctly, during the wee hours between April 21 & 22, they're doing another channel number shuffle. Hopefully this time the groupings will be a bit more logical and require less jumping about trying to find a movie or documentary or whatever.

Thanks for that, It does look like they've organized channels by categories so that you can move through all the movie or documentary or news, etc channels in one range and that they've made it easier to add new channels in future without spreading them "all over the map."

Thanks for that, It does look like they've organized channels by categories so that you can move through all the movie or documentary or news, etc channels in one range and that they've made it easier to add new channels in future without spreading them "all over the map."

Yes, is there danger of them getting sensible?

It's nice to see that they've added Al Jazeera -- I wonder which package it is in.

I resent having to buy a Gold package to get English news channels.

Yes, is there danger of them getting sensible?

It's nice to see that they've added Al Jazeera -- I wonder which package it is in.

I resent having to buy a Gold package to get English news channels.

There's an asterisk on Al Jazeera. The footnote says, "Available for CATV Subscriber Only."

• Like 1

You can get all different packages channel lists in .pdf here, just click package icon

http://www.truevisionsgroup.com/

Al Jazeera and some other channels are only for cable customers. But you can see those on net in truevisions anywheretv even if you are satellite customer

edit. Take that back, Al Jazeera is NOT on anywheretv, Deutse Welle and Australian network is

Edited by hullupullo
  • Like 1

Will be interesting as to what channels actually appear after this channel resort...appears it will be different for TrueVisions DSTV and CATV folks. Based on a Google Translation of a TrueVisions new release the new digital channels will not be available on TrueVisions CATV like I have...I guess just DSTV folks will see the new "Thai" digital channels which started going online 1 April. However, I also have a C Band satellite system in my home, and its already showing some of new Thai digital channels which hit the satellite airwaves on 1 Apr. Here's a partial quote from the news article relating to the new channels appearing on the CATV....and I expect they are only referring to the Thai digital channels....not the other new channels shown in the lineup coming from other parts of the world.

The experimental broadcasts of digital TV channels (Digital TV) in this period will be viewed only on DStv. In the fiber optic cable system. True Visions is developing the system to be available soon.

Are there many English show/movies/channels in these packages. I went with PSI a few years ago, now G-MM, most all English channels have been removed. Even the multi languages programs feature has stopped. I now go upstairs and watch the 6PM movie on PBS in English as G-MM will not let me view in English on their system.

If going with satilite, what is a good package, to views news, movies and maybe the Fox and National Graphic channels etc.

Last time the channels were shuffled, I tried to edit my channel list.....but was unsuccessful.

- menu

- (tab down to) setup

- user setup

- edit favorites

-- click ok to add/remove channels from the favorites

In the past, when I did this, I could channel up/down only among the channels I had selected....but it doesn't matter if a channel is selected as a favorite or not, it shows up when I'm mindlessly surfing channels.

I have about 15 total channels I like to watch......it's easier for me to just channel up/down among them.....but only if I can remove unwanted channels.

Hope someone can help me as we prepare for another channel shuffle!

Hmm so they will shuffle around again, I think that was what I saw on top of the screen as a rolling text in both and English.

I am still on the old list, CNN is on 164 as of this morning.

Then 4-6 month down the road when you are just getting used to where to find your favorite channels they will likely shuffle around again.

Ha-ha.

I have the gold package but they gave me 3 month platinum for free when I called them (BKK) and asked for a promotion.

I don't really see any alternatives to True but hopefully it will come one day and I want HD man, we got a local cable TV upstairs (Free when using their e-net) and it's crap but e-net very good but expensive.

I just get Super Knowledge.

It's fine as we have not watched most of the older movies
and get DVDs of the latest ones (our choice)

But No News Even Thai News is inadequate (In English)

I don't need football but would like Champions league.

And 2 weeks of Wimbledon would be nice cos of the Tradition.

But I am Not going to pay Gold prices...

Maybe a payment upfront box will be ready for my contract renewal in July

I don't really see any alternatives to True but hopefully it will come....

It has come already: APPLE TV.

One-time investment of 3100B, no monthly charges. Need internet.

If you have a MAC and/or iPhone, can easily stream content to your TV.

T.I.T. - don't hold your breath.

The local Cable company moves channels around all the time. We once had 25 English Language channels, all placed near each other.

That number has been reduced to around 20 - scattered around the spectrum.

A GBox MX2 preloaded with XBMC is only $100. Much wider choice.

Either option will not work in our household, my wife wants something where you just press the on bottom and then watch TV.

Either option will not work in our household, my wife wants something where you just press the on bottom and then watch TV.
She changes channels and adjusts the volume too, doesn't she?

If she can't do that, we just can't help you out of your hole, buddy.

Edited by Fookhaht

If she can use Line or Facebook, she can use XBMC.

biggrin.png

• 1 month later...