Sri Lanka to deport Buddha tattoo British woman

webfact

Like it or not, surely, any country must retain the right to accept or refuse entry to any foreign visitor. Why shouldn't they ?

Their justification is for them, however trivial or misguided it may appear to outsiders.

oh, and . . . I retain the right to refuse entry to my home to anyone, at my discretion.

• Like 1

Before travelling to any country,especially a country with a different religion,customs etc.do you homework and try not to offend..guide books have a section called do,s and dont,s.easy to follow and you will enjoy a hassle free holiday.

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It's their country, they have the right to refuse entry or deport who they so wish. The UK should have a think about that.

Oh dear, what a strange response that totally misses the point. You gotta love the human race!

Btw, she isn't the UK. Please remove chip from shoulder.

Edited by daveAustin

Not sure many posters realise its "also" because she is a woman, do not forget in Theravada Buddhism a woman cannot touch a monk for instance, does not mean a man would not have had the same problem, but for a woman, for sure its worst!

It's their country, they have the right to refuse entry or deport who they so wish. The UK should have a think about that.

Yeah, really? The UK government signed up to the European Court of Human Rights; Sri Lanka didn't. A shame really 'cos then they might not have murdered so many Tamils in cold blood.

Please dont make such ignorant comments. If you need facts, open a proper forum and lets air our views.

What would you say about the killings done by the USA & UK - justified and approved by your human rights businesses?

Come to SL and see how comfortably the people you mentioned as 'cold bloodily' killed lives.

Please I beg, keep your ignorance to yourself.

coffee1.gif

Edit

Ever heard of the euphemism "toad in the well" ?

By any chance do you know what the British did in Sri Lanka (Ceylon).

Ask me, I can educate you, my dear friend!!!

Ever heard about this?

If I wear my burqa in France, it will cost me approximately $268 for breaking the burqa ban. Sarkozy; the French Prime Minister, stated that "the burqa is not welcome in France."

cheesy.gif

Edited by ravip

This seems to be more of an issue in Theravada countries. Sri Lanka & Myanmar/Burma shock me a bit with their hardline versions of Buddhism mixed with intolerance. Surely not what the Buddha had in mind.

This all started with the West trying to squash the East with their superiority.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Today, we seeing a gradual 'shift' in power.

The frustrating thing is had she worn a longsleeved shirt during her visit no one would have seen this tatoo and she could have gone happily on her way to the next leg of the trip to the Maldives for which he has a ticket.

But they won't let her do that and instead they are deporting her to Englandfacepalm.gif

Edited by Asiantravel

This seems to be more of an issue in Theravada countries. Sri Lanka & Myanmar/Burma shock me a bit with their hardline versions of Buddhism mixed with intolerance. Surely not what the Buddha had in mind.

This all started with the West trying to squash the East with their superiority.

The shift of world power to Sri Lanka must be extremely gradual. Not many other observers have noticed it yet.

Edited by bumpkin

The shift of world power to Sri Lanka must be extremely gradual. Not many other observers have noticed it yet.

I did not mention any particular country.

Please look at the 'big picture' - reading with an open mind, would help you comprehend this phenomena.

I think you are wrong. The West never had an influence on the application ro the focus of Buddhist teachings within the different types of Buddhism.

I think you are wrong. The West never had an influence on the application ro the focus of Buddhist teachings within the different types of Buddhism.

Yes I agree with you on that point.

But during the days of 'occupation' or colonization they adopted various nefarious methods to split the natives and make them hate each other.

Today, the same happens in a more 'refine' and subtle manner.

For example,

> how was Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden the founder of al-Qaeda emerge?

> Libyan uprising?

> Saddam and WMD?