Finding a job for Thai step-son who speaks English in Hua Hin

Sakeopete

My step-son has just graduated from high school he speaks excellent clear English I'm hoping he can find a part-time job in a restaurant or shop where he can use his English to deal with foreign customers.

Hoping some board members can give me advice or leads he has no work experience like many new graduates.

Is there some place in Hua Hin where jobs for locals are advertised or is it just footwork visiting businesses?

Congratulations on your stepson graduating! He can look online, and in local papers but since he speaks such great English I would think his best prospects are in the Hospitality Business (hotels). Have him go to the HR dept. of the big hotels to ask about openings. Pay may not be that much but more important is that he needs to get experience!

Alternatively, you can start a business for him....open up a night stall and sell something (ie T-shirts, watches, purses, music clothes ....think about touristy crap and find a source). My stepson opened a clothes shop in a Bangkok Mall (Seacon Square) and grosses 100,000-125,000 Baht a month (actually not that great but he's learning and business is getting better ....Still he's making a profit) Clothes source is Platinum in Pratunam.

Wish him luck

Graduated and setting sights on a part time waiting job........surely the expense and effort of years of studying he should be looking at far greater postions than a 2 bob navvie. Graduate minimum wage is THB 15,000 and with his excellent English skills should expect far more. Maybe ne should check out the car dealers, they pay reasonably well with benefits and good job security. His language skills will be beneficial due to the amount of Expats living in the HH area.

Graduated and setting sights on a part time waiting job........surely the expense and effort of years of studying he should be looking at far greater postions than a 2 bob navvie. Graduate minimum wage is THB 15,000 and with his excellent English skills should expect far more. Maybe ne should check out the car dealers, they pay reasonably well with benefits and good job security. His language skills will be beneficial due to the amount of Expats living in the HH area.

He graduated from High School not University so forget about the Baht 15,000.

If his English is great, have him post his own add. It just shows he is waiting for someone else to do the hard work for him, getting a job! Sorry, but have seen many of the same type of adds, men looking for work, for their gf, or whatever. He should get his tail off the games, and start looking for himself, search the internet, but most importantly, go to the potential job sites, and ask in person.

• Like 1

Congratulations on your stepson graduating! He can look online, and in local papers but since he speaks such great English I would think his best prospects are in the Hospitality Business (hotels). Have him go to the HR dept. of the big hotels to ask about openings. Pay may not be that much but more important is that he needs to get experience!

Alternatively, you can start a business for him....open up a night stall and sell something (ie T-shirts, watches, purses, music clothes ....think about touristy crap and find a source). My stepson opened a clothes shop in a Bangkok Mall (Seacon Square) and grosses 100,000-125,000 Baht a month (actually not that great but he's learning and business is getting better ....Still he's making a profit) Clothes source is Platinum in Pratunam.

Wish him luck

Tell me more, I could live with that profit!

I agree with Fakename. The lad has to step up and show he has some initiative and can research his job options himself.

I wouldn't mind betting in a lot of cases where the farang bf/ husband found a job for their Thai gf/wife, or Thai partner's kid, it didn't last very long.

The same applies in the situation where farang bf sets Thai gf up in salon, massage shop, clothes shop, whatever, it usually falls over within a few months because the girl didnt have the wherewithal to do it herself in the first place.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app