Phuket expat appeals for return of Bt1.4m-watch stolen in burglary

webfact

Phuket expat appeals for return of B1.4m-watch stolen in burglary
Claire Connell

1399009182_1-org.jpg
The stolen watch.

PHUKET: -- Phuket resident Johan Hultner is on the hunt for his prized B1.4m Hublot pink gold watch after it was stolen when his rented villa was robbed on April 22 – and he’s offered a B100k reward for its safe return.

Mr Hultner, who has lived on Phuket for 13 years, said the watch was stolen when thieves broke through a locked sliding door at his villa at Surin Springs, near Surin Beach.

“The value of the watch is about B1.4 million, and I have put a reward of B100,000 to anyone that can give information to help return the watch.

“The watch is numbered but I have the documents in Sweden. It is unique and if anyone sees a watch like this, it is 99 per cent certain it is the same one.”

Mr Hultner said along with the watch, thieves also stole B100,000 in cash, an Iphone 5, and a white gold necklace with three diamonds.

“The value of this is not in line with the watch, but the sentimental value is very high as this was given to my wife from my mother and my mother got it from my grandmother.”

He reported the crime to police. If anyone has details of where the watch is or any other information, they can contact Mr Hultner on [email protected] or email 083 280 9100. Thai language speakers can contact his assistant Woramas Rattanamanie on 087 290 1019.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-expat-appeals-for-return-of-b1-4m-watch-stolen-in-burglary-46056.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-05-02

Smart move by the victim offering a reward - unless this watch was stolen-to-order, the thieving scum will have no chance fencing it and would be better off just taking the reward money.

Edited by Always18
  • Like 1

Smart move by the victim offering a reward - unless this watch was stolen-to-order, the thieving scum will have no chance fencing it and would be better off just taking the reward money.

Maybe so unless they get wind of this story and find out what it is worth, then you may find the ransom will be a lot more than 100K.

and a safe, he did not have ?

who buys stuff like this and more: who buys this story ?

Penny wise pound foolish, I don't suppose he was wearing this watch on a daily bases,

so why oh why not put it in a safe? by the way, not a word whether the watch was insured

or not....

• Like 1

It is a very nice watch, but does not cost the claimed 1.4 million baht.

It looks like a Hublot Big Bang Evolution 44mm which can be easily purchased around 875,000 THB

• Like 1

It looks like a Hublot Big Bang Evolution 44mm which can be easily purchased around 875,000 THB

Maybe not in Sweden wink.png

You're probably correct about the list price in Sweden, I guess they have high taxes on watches, but I doubt very much many people pay the Swedish retail.

Most people I know, myself included, research the market very well and purchase their watches from the markets with low prices.

Disgusting! If the watch was returned, it should be sold and the proceeds donated to charity..

Why? Because people should not be allowed to have more money than you? Why don't you give all your belongings to the poor.

Actions speak louder than fake indignation on a forum.

TV is filled with people like this, self-righteous whiners who can't rub 2 satang together up in some Issan craphole, terminally angry and jealous of others who may have planned better for their retirement in Thailand. Yawwwwn.

I couldn't agree more OmegaRacer. There are a bunch of retards on here for sure. . Well said mate. (edited because I also wanted to credit Deaw with his wise words). Somchaismith however I hope I never meet such a fool as you. F*.F*S.. I wonder if the filters will delete that too. Have a lovely evening everyone.

Edited by OOLEEBER
  • Like 1

Disgusting! If the watch was returned, it should be sold and the proceeds donated to charity..

Why...? It was stolen from his home. It belongs to him and has sentimental value. Such a thing can be more valuble to the owner than the actual value of the item.

Because some people need some help in becoming a bit of a philanthropist...

• Like 1

You're probably correct about the list price in Sweden, I guess they have high taxes on watches, but I doubt very much many people pay the Swedish retail.

Most people I know, myself included, research the market very well and purchase their watches from the markets with low prices.

When you have enough money you do not need to do any research but purchase what you want.

Unless the thieves know a thing or two about hand crafted watches I'm sure it would have been swapped for a few hundred bahts worth of ice by now. The 100k and white gold necklace will probably slowly (over the next week or two) turned into ice as well.

Why? Because people should not be allowed to have more money than you? Why don't you give all your belongings to the poor.

Actions speak louder than fake indignation on a forum.

Lmfao. Owned.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

When you have enough money you do not need to do any research but purchase what you want.

If you and I do mean you, have enough money for something like this, you have either earned your money very easily, or inherited it and good luck to you if that's the case or you're speaking absolute rubbish.

I was always taught 'anybody can spend money' & 'take care of the pennies and the pounds will take care of themselves'.

Everyone I know with 'enough money' as you put it, does plenty of research.

Edited by Woodsie888

If you read the OP, it is a family heirloom handed down from his Grandmother to his mother to him.

Sentimental value.

Sometimes i wonder if any of you lot read anything, or just skip over things and add stupid comments which mean nothing to the story being told.

Perhaps you should re read the OP yourself.

Hublot watches weren't even dreamed of, let alone manufactured when his Grandmother was alive, given the first models were produced around 1980.

Owned.

Like, if I were to lose a pair of sandals, which I'd inherited from my grandfather, do you think It would be in the media?

LMAO

Edited by somchaismith