E-cigarettes just as deadly as normal smokes, experts warn

Lite Beer

You sure you are only smoking ordinary ciggies? Or is it just that you can't you do simple arithmetic?

Total Profit From (tobacco) Taxes: 6.5 million pounds.

Annual cost of the NHS (2012-13) 108.9 billion pounds.

Smokers are clearly are not, er, coughing up as big a contribution as you seem to think.

If I were you, I wouldn't start a post with snark & sarcasm if I was about to spew figures that were so questionable...

6.5 million? Per day, perhaps?

Annual cost of the NHS?? Have you quoted for the entire NHS, perhaps?

You're having a laugh mate...

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same experts that warn us abour wearing seatbelts and helmets in the first week of april ? Or the ones that tested the rice , or the bridges , or give the ok roadworthy to a couple of doubledecker busses ,please ,, experts in what field ?

There is more evidence for carcinogens in talcum powder than in e cigarettes. Guess there's no money to be made from banning talc.

I am not dis-agreeing, but do you have references for this re talc? Many people here cover them selves in it.

There is more evidence for carcinogens in talcum powder than in e cigarettes. Guess there's no money to be made from banning talc.

I am not dis-agreeing, but do you have references for this re talc? Many people here cover them selves in it.

Scroll back through the thread I think he already posted links

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"l The 1967 Medicine Act, which prohibits the manufacturing, sale and import of modern medical products, with violators facing up to five years in prison and a Bt10,000 fine;"

we wouldnt want modern medicine in Thailand cheesy.gifclap2.gif cheesy.gif

"l The 1967 Medicine Act, which prohibits the manufacturing, sale and import of modern medical products, with violators facing up to five years in prison and a Bt10,000 fine;"

we wouldnt want modern medicine in Thailand cheesy.gifclap2.gif cheesy.gif

The more I look at the laws, the more it looks like they were made in the 50's and 60's. Apparently Thai governments never bothered with updating legislation, guess they are too busy lining their pockets. Or maybe they did get it right in one shot tongue.png

• Like 1

A pack of ( very poor quality) cigarettes costs under $3USD in Thailand. In the UK and Australia it would cost 12-15 dollars. There is plenty of potential revenue to be had by increasing the excise on cigarettes but no political party in Thailand would have the nerve to try it, given the large number of smokers. they are mad if they believe they will be able to control ecigs...that genie has long since left the bottle and the industry will simply go underground/black.

There is absolutely zero proof globally of what this bloke says.

E cigarettes are by many magnitudes safer than normal cigarettes. This was quoted this week by the BMA in the UK. There is no tar and no carbon monoxide for a very basic start.

The carcinogenic compounds in tar are in the hundreds. Lies like this are very dangerous.

would you listen to a thai "professional" ? this guy has done nothing to help smokers stop. if anyting, it seems he is paid by tobacco comapnies to compare how safe ciggarettes are by comparing them to e cigs. .

like the Apple and Android lawsuit. when apple went after samsung. people were like. .. "wait... so android phones are the same as Iphones....and are cheaper?"

• Like 1