Ratchaburi Monk Protests 'Lack of Donations'

Lite Beer

Ratchaburi Monk Protests 'Lack of Donations'

13995518551399551891l.jpg

By Khaosod Eng.

RATCHABURI — A monk in Ratchaburi province has staged a one-man protest over the lack of out-of-temple trips and donations he has been offered over the past seven years.

Phra Sap Abhitno, 35, drew much attention and bafflement from shoppers at a market in Bhotharam district this morning by explaining his grievance over a loudspeaker in front of a vegetarian charity lunch house.

Some curious motorists also stopped their vehicles to listen to the monk's speech, causing a considerable traffic jam in the area.

Phra Sap said he was ordained at Bhotharam Temple eight years ago (he had been a gangster before he joined the monkhood, he claimed), but over the past seven years he has never been invited to perform religious duties outside the temple. As a result, he has not had the chance to receive any donations from people outside the monastery.

Thais routinely invite monks to bless their new homes and businesses, often giving the monks donations in return.

Phra Sap also claimed that his abbot, Phra Kru Bhodiwaradhorn, has intercepted all of the invitations intended for him, and distributed them to other monks at the monastery instead.

"I am very sad," Phra Sap said through the loudspeaker. "It is as though I am merely a security guard for the temple."

He then announced to onlookers that he has resigned from Photharam Temple out of frustration, and is now looking for a temple that will provide him with more generous donation opportunities.

Source: http://en.khaosod.co.th/detail.php?newsid=1399551855&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-05-08

Phra Sap said he was ordained at Bhotharam Temple eight years ago (he had been a gangster before he joined the monkhood, he claimed),

Thais routinely invite monks to bless their new homes and businesses,

Well, who wouldn't want to have his house blessed by a gangster is beyond me .

• Like 1

well, to be fair my mom told me that few years back in a church during a mass the priest was complaining because he could receive only coins as offers to the church while he was expecting more notes........blink.pngblink.pngsad.png

With his background, instead of protesting over some loudspeaker in Ratchaburi he should be boarding the next bus to Chaeng Wattana Road and meeting up with his fellow monk holding court there who could probably teach him a thing or two about soliciting donations. Always nice to get out for a day trip from the temple.

The poor guy, he must feel really left out.

I see quite a few monks staying at our $60 a night rooms. They usually have Ipads, Iphones and the latest digital cameras. Has Louis Vittion designed a monks robe yet as they already have the handbags ?

Show me a religion that isnt full of hyprocrites.

• Like 2

I see quite a few monks staying at our $60 a night rooms. They usually have Ipads, Iphones and the latest digital cameras. Has Louis Vittion designed a monks robe yet as they already have the handbags ?

I thought I was trying to cope with Greek then, until I spotted your intentional mispelling, of course wink.png

"Show me a religion that isnt full of hyprocrites", and I'll show you my nostra anus.

Did you really mean 'hyprocites'? Or did you mean 'hypocrites'?

If you did... please send a cover letter to Oxbride, they'll soon discover a new meaning adjacent to Poo's ass.

Edited by Thaiisnotrequired
  • Like 1

I thought I was trying to cope with Greek then, until I spotted your intentional mispelling, of course wink.png

"Show me a religion that isnt full of hyprocrites", and I'll show you my nostra anus.

If you did... please send a cover letter to Oxbride, they'll soon discover a new meaning adjacent to Poo's ass.

.... did you really mean "Oxbride"? Or did you mean "Oxbridge"? giggle.gif All is well... tongue.png .

• Like 1

whistling.gif I could say that is simply another illustration of how a western Capitalist materialist ideological cancer is spreading rapidly in traditional Thai culture ..... but I guess I won't.

Anyhow, if I did say that my views wouldn't be popular with the expat boozer-loser wh_re chaser crowd on this forum, would it?

rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

He must be one of the convicts released early to be a monk. One would think that after 6 years he still has not come to peace as a monk. Maybe he is trying to apply his knowledge as a gangster to monkhood. Or maybe the Abbit wants him to learn humility. At any rate his actions cleary show he is not ready to perform monk duties outside the temple

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

you covered it stop acting like a monk