14 arrests by Pattaya Police in Chinese-led Credit Card Fraud case

Rimmer

14 arrests by Pattaya Police in Chinese-led Credit Card Fraud case

credit-6.jpg
PATTAYA:--On Friday afternoon in the grounds of Pattaya Police Station, Police Major General Katcha, the Provincial Police Commander held a press conference to announce the arrest of 14 people, including 3 Chinese Nationals, accused of being involved in a multi-million Baht credit card fraud case.

The case was overseen by the Provincial Transnational Crime Suppression Unit whose officers went undercover and posed as Tour Company operators who wanted to be part of a credit card scam involving a modified Credit Card Payment Machine which was re-programmed to send money direct to their accounts using customer credit cards.

An initial meeting was held at the MacDonald’s Central Pattaya Branch on the Sukhumvit Road and a second meeting, where the machine was collected, took place at a rented room at the Navin Mansions behind Big C Xtra also in Central Pattaya.

After the machine was collected, Police moved in and found 20 credit cards which were found to contain stolen account information from China, a skimmer, laptop and 15 smart phones.
- See more at: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/127664/14-arrests-by-pattaya-police-in-chinese-led-credit-card-fraud-case/#sthash.WtF9SX1p.dpuf

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-05-10

For the life of me I can't image how these criminals managed to slip through the tourist visa crackdown.

I'll give you credit (sorry) and assume that was a nice play on words.

I have a 3 year visa. It's issued by Chase bank and expires in 2017. tongue.png

I'm the first to have a crack at the BIB for being inept but dare I say it, it does appear they've actually done some pro-active police work here. Going undercover even!!

I wonder what an undercover BIB meeting crooks at McDonald's would look like?

post-124914-0-91882500-1399694878_thumb.

No, no no!! Not Ronald McThaiDonald, I meant the dude in the background!!

• Like 1

I" sure that in China you can join a program that called, Tour and scam, whereby you get to tour

Thailand and also engage in CC fraud just to cover expenses, otherwise, for the life of me,

I can't understand how and why so many Chinese are being caught defrauding and skimming

credit cards...