I'd Like To Die In The Land I Love, Would You?

Neeranam

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care where I die. When it happens, it happens.

I have family and connections in a few countries, so I would care if I were to die slowly, knowingly.....in which case I would want to be able to say my goodbyes to my loved ones.

• Like 1

Neeranam....at 50yrs old, and thinking like that, you should stop painting fences immediately....

Being still young....and you are....don't even waste anymore time contemplating the future...It arrives soon enough on it's own.

Sounds like you have a great setup at present..enjoy it first.

Some... "spend all their time chasing the dream, and completely miss whats already around them"...

Not 50 quite yet!

Don't get me wrong mate, I do enjoy my setup now. I have everything I have ever wanted, plus more.

I do live one day at a time and was even listening to an audio book 'the power of now' last week.

• Like 1

Neeranam....at 50yrs old, and thinking like that, you should stop painting fences immediately....

Being still young....and you are....don't even waste anymore time contemplating the future...It arrives soon enough on it's own.

Sounds like you have a great setup at present..enjoy it first.

Some... "spend all their time chasing the dream, and completely miss whats already around them"...

Not 50 quite yet!

Don't get me wrong mate, I do enjoy my setup now. I have everything I have ever wanted, plus more.

I do live one day at a time and was even listening to an audio book 'the power of now' last week.

I don't care where I die as long as it's quick and as painless as possible.

Yes I will echo others, don't think about it man, just live and enjoy.

Every single person on the Earth can die tomorrow for a thousand reasons and at different odds.

OP - If I die in Thailand, I can't really say I died in the land I love, could you?

​Looking at this part an unequivocal...........

NO

I believe he wrote,' I'd like to' thus the present tense 'die' is fine re the grammar.

And as for reality, perhaps post death he or anyone can still love, after all, no one has come back yet to inform us of life or it's lack of post mortem.

Nostalgia for the country you left so you could come and live in a country with an endless Summer and beautiful women ? I admit that a few of the locals sorely tried my patience today, but whether I die here or someplace else in Asia, I have no intention of ever returning to Australia. Ashes to ashes, and they can spread them over Pattaya Bay for all I care. As others in this thread have already pointed out, life is too short for this talk of death, particularly at 50.

Edited by MrWorldwide
  • Like 1

If I die in Thailand, I can't really say I died in the land I love, could you?

No, I couldn't. If given the choice I'd die in The Czech Republic as it's the country I love the most and feel most at home in. It's not a major issue though and there are a lot worse places to be than in Thailand to see out my last days.

OP here's an idea. Why not LIVE in the land you love. Then when you die you can die happy, in your bothy, and hey presto you're already there, in the land you love. win win.

I want to get my kids through school first and pay my house.

I can save a lot of cash here but couldn't in Scotland.

I wonder how people's view changes depending on the time they have been here.

I nearly died on a few occasions when I first moved here, due to my lifestyle and dangerous situations I got myself into. I told me best mate that if I dies to spread my ashes on the River Ganges in India. Note to self - tell him I changed my mind.

After 5 years when I learned to speak Thai and "knew everything"(NOT), I went a bit native and would have said I'm staying here for ever.

After 10 years, when I had heard enough of the 'anti-farang' conversations, I would have said. no way.

After 15 years when I had worked on accepting things, I'd have said, wherever, I don't care.

Now, I feel I'd like to live in Scotland when I'm aging(70+).

In 20 years, my feelings will probably be different.

• Like 2

To be on the legal side of things, isn't it required to have a work permit to die in Thailand? This would make it impossible for retirees to qualify for a permit, thus relegating them to die elsewhere (perhaps in their home country).

laugh.png