Ousted Thai PM Thaksin says martial law must not 'destroy' democracy

webfact

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey! These guys did even better than Abhisit!. He only got 98% of the vote, even though he was the only candidate, when the Democrat party allowed 35 of their dear leaders to vote.

These guys win elections as well:

North Korea's Kim Jong-un gets 100% of 'yes' votes in election

Saddam 'wins 100% of vote'

In case you missed it, PTP don't even bother to elect their leader. He owns the bloody party and tells them how to vote.

Are you under instructions too?

I could be wrong, but as best as I remember the people of Thailand elected the leader of the PTP.

Hey! These guys did even better than Abhisit!. He only got 98% of the vote, even though he was the only candidate, when the Democrat party allowed 35 of their dear leaders to vote.

Abhisit got 98% of the vote in an election? I must have missed that one.

In case you missed it, PTP don't even bother to elect their leader. He owns the bloody party and tells them how to vote.

I could be wrong, but as best as I remember the people of Thailand elected the leader of the PTP.

How wrong could you be.. amazing!

The leader of the PTP party is Jarupong Ruangsuwan.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker
  • Like 1

Rationality is a pearl beyond price.

Oh master buffalo your wisdom is truly inspiring.

I will follow you .. Please grant me the daily ration of arsenal so I can defend your dictatorship.. Erm..I mean democracy.

• Like 1

Good to see him involved. He plays by the rules and wins elections fair and square. 100 years from now his statue will be everywhere, and noone will remember, Prayuth, Abhisit, Suthep, and the rest of the democracy destroyers.
...............are you being sarcastic or is that a genuine response?.....................coffee1.gif

Possibly hyperbole, but not sarcasm. I genuinely believe he was the best PM Thailand has had. I'm not blind to his flaws, but I'm also not blind to the flaws of other Thai politicians. Is he corrupt? Almost certainly. But is he more corrupt than others? Probably not. Politicians and soldiers and police colonels and generals in Thailand all drive Jaguars or Mercedes. Thaksin at least pandered to the poor, decreased infant mortality, and has been at the forefront on a cultural transition from the old feudal system towards modern democracy. Is he perfect? No. Is he the devil? No. Anyway, what I think doesn't matter as much as what the people of Thailand think, and they have said, over and over, that they prefer him or his proxies to anyone else on offer.
You must be stupid or trolling, witch is it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hmm. Who is making a rational argument here, and who is throwing insults, but not attempting to employ either reason or fact. Which (not witch) approach is more intelligent in your view?

Please get out of town and even out of this solarsystem. There is no reason in your trolling. Whom are you? Oak?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good to see him involved. He plays by the rules and wins elections fair and square. 100 years from now his statue will be everywhere, and noone will remember, Prayuth, Abhisit, Suthep, and the rest of the democracy destroyers.

I am glad you say it great. Thaksin is a great man I will like to donate to the statue fund

• Like 1

Rationality is a pearl beyond price.

Oh master buffalo your wisdom is truly inspiring.

I will follow you .. Please grant me the daily ration of arsenal so I can defend your dictatorship.. Erm..I mean democracy.

buffalo soldier, deadlock rasta...

Except - Thaksin wins elections, wins elections, wins elections. Get it?

At least they voted.. PTP don't. Thaksin elects the PM. He learned from Samak to not use an outsider hasn't done it since!

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Changing the subject - pure dishonesty.

You mentioned Abhisit's vote by the Dems, I mentioned PTP's lack of any vote. I'll put it in very simple term so you can understand.

Who 'elected' Yingluck as the leader of PTP? Was it by any chance Thaksin? Seems like you don't understand what is democratic and what is not - just like your hero.

• Like 2

This might not be the proper time for non-Thais to directly discuss or criticize any aspect of the Thai political impasse. But I will offer a simple clue to the situation by analogy and metaphor. In the United States, we had a President named Reagan. He passed away several years ago, but millions of Americans still praise and idolize him. If you are a member of the conservative/rightwing side of the American political faction, you cannot gain political office without vociferously supporting “Reaganism.” This belief “ism” in Ronald Reagan is part of the Republican Party’s DNA.

Well, the Land of Smiles has another (ism) baked into its DNA, and the majority of voters are not going to relinquish this powerful “ism.” The only answer is the ballot box … and unlike the USA, Thai law says Thais must vote. Please work together, Thai people. We love you. Thank you.

• Like 1

It's a mystery to me how people can call Abhisit a 'democracy destroyer'. If you study Thaksin's autocratic history; if you compare Thaksin's modus operandi to other dictators of recent years; if you look at his political connections ...........etc etc etc and if you understood all those things you certainly would not call Abhisit a 'democracy destroyer'. There is nothing in his history to even suggest that that is his game. I despair at the ignorance of some people on this forum.

It's a mystery to me how people can call Abhisit a 'democracy destroyer'. If you study Thaksin's autocratic history; if you compare Thaksin's modus operandi to other dictators of recent years; if you look at his political connections ...........etc etc etc and if you understood all those things you certainly would not call Abhisit a 'democracy destroyer'. There is nothing in his history to even suggest that that is his game. I despair at the ignorance of some people on this forum.

Dude! Ever hear of elections? I think they have something to do with democracy, but hey, I'm ignorant.

There is no democracy in Pheua Thai, Thaksin decides who will be the leader or PM, either a family member or a minion.

Luckily his star is waning, too many policies have failed, soon only the truly besotted or idiotic will continue to hold up his or his sister's photo at rallies.

Notice how Yingluck declined to climb on the red stage last weekend despite just losing her job, shows how much importance she attaches to the red shirts - zero.

• Like 1

s

The irony of this is wild, this clown has done more damage to thai society and its evolving democracy than any other individual. He bribed his way through his first election fraud and carried on throwing billions of baht into his own bank account. The end of the sin era is long overdue.

Just like they all do so whats new about that?

Here is wisdom:

A maggot can only feed on an infected wound.

They want to get rid of the maggot but they refuse to clean or even admit the wound is filthy and infected

Whatever the wound,the first shin election fraud created a cycle that did nothing to address Thailands 'wound', he exploited and caused a deterioration that has created endemic corruption, lawlessness and a country without a clear vision of its own future..If only the bomb on his airplane had taken him out 10 yrs ago, all this nonsense could have been avoided.

It may well take a generation or more before politics in Thailand can be regarded as genuinely representative of Thailand and whose aim is altruistic rather than blatantly self serving and degenerative .

Where will the next generation of Thai politicians come from?

Edited by Bkkbound

The caretaker government wanted Martial Law - it is the only way to have elections and stop the PDRC/Suthep/Fake Monk.

This is why Thaksin says its expected............. it was, totally expected. The only way to stop the Judiciary from protecting the PDRC was Martial Law........... now its in the Judiciary are powerless and the army can oversee elections. Was it Martial Law agreed over Skype ?

This is what Surapong said on the 16th of May........

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Surapong-voices-support-for-martial-law-30233791.html

"But they may control the situation to prevent violence by declaring martial law, which is not a coup," Surapong said.

"If martial law is declared, the military will run the operation to maintain security and the CAPO will not get involved. And I believe that if the martial law is declared nationwide, the election can be held."

You think this is an arrangement between Thaksin, the PTP and the army???

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

They have chopped the balls off CAPO/UDD

The people still have the right to a national strike by the way.

The senate will now be able to appoint a new PM and cabinet with no threats from anyone.

Your silly little quote from the lizard man was nothing but a twisted and spun response to Prayuth's threat of full military force if the violence from the reds using war weapons did not stop after yet another three protesters lost their lives. He wasn't predicting a martial law, I bet he is as shocked as anyone.

I am guessing that the fact the army caught a cabinet minister with a cache of M16s in his car didn't help.

"If martial law is declared, the military will run the operation to maintain security and the CAPO will not get involved"

Nope.... CAPO HQ was stormed and everyone booted out, including Lizard Man.

You are unknowingly celebrating a PDRC victory and you don't even know it.

Boy are we going to have some fun with you in the coming weeks.

Now what am I going to do for my daily laugh with CAPO and Chalem removed from their demands and idle threats from these jokers.

Any curses for withdrawal symptoms. w00t.gif

Correct, wrong.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Dude! Ever hear of elections? I think they have something to do with democracy, but hey, I'm ignorant.

You ever heard the comment 'democracy is more than elections'?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Yes I have, and maybe it is, but I am absolutely sure it is at least elections. No elections, no democracy.

Yeah! Always by losers and fascists.

Sent from my LG-P880 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I am a guestin Thailand, Retirement Visa. But I have a Wife, Step-son and all her family I care about. I have helped four Thailand Children get a college degree and my Step-Son has two more years for an Electrical Engineering Degree. I have many friend who farm and they all deserve better than the have been getting from the Government.

So yes I have an interst as well, been here ten years and expect to live another twn, God willing !!

I really wish "Dubai Dude" would shut-up, go away or whatever it takes to end his control of the corruption. The Army stopped short of a "Final Solution" for this guy, he should consider himself lucky and shut up.

Jerry

My hat off to you for being the savor of your wife's family. But is sad you attack Thaksin he is the greatest I guess I should tell he is a member of my wife family

I am a guestin Thailand, Retirement Visa. But I have a Wife, Step-son and all her family I care about. I have helped four Thailand Children get a college degree and my Step-Son has two more years for an Electrical Engineering Degree. I have many friend who farm and they all deserve better than the have been getting from the Government.

So yes I have an interst as well, been here ten years and expect to live another twn, God willing !!

I really wish "Dubai Dude" would shut-up, go away or whatever it takes to end his control of the corruption. The Army stopped short of a "Final Solution" for this guy, he should consider himself lucky and shut up.

Jerry

My hat off to you for being the savor of your wife's family. But is sad you attack Thaksin he is the greatest I guess I should tell he is a member of my wife family

My condolences.