Ok, i have a thai girlfriend

G'day all, i have had a thai girlfriend for roughly 2 years. She used to have a decent room/box last visit. This time not. I am on the end of a months holiday and we took the vip bus last night from Amnat Cheroen to bkk. We flew there.

I hadn't booked any accomodation due to coming to bkk a night early so i slept in her new room on the floor with no a/c. And peter (the coackroaches)

I didn't like it/ how she is now living. She is a hairdresser and has lived in the Sukhumvit area for 20 yrs or so.

Do i help? I have told her that she survived ok before we met you should b ok without me sending you money. I feel a little uncomfortable knowing she lives like this. I don't want to become a sponsor but we got a hotel early this am and i am watching her sleep in a decent bed with a/c and she looks happy.

Thanks for your ideas in advance!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"G'day all, i have had a thai girlfriend"

Your faith was strong but you needed proof
You saw her bathing on the roof
Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew you
She tied you to her kitchen chair
She broke your throne and she cut your hair
And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah...

Baby I've been here before
I've seen this room and I've walked this floor (you know)
I used to live alone before I knew you
And I've seen your flag on the marble arch
and love is not a victory march
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah

Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah...

Edited to add some lyrics

all the best and good luck ... thumbsup.gif

Elephants_zpsb52ebc80.png

Edited by David48

My brother met a gal in Thailand. She was from Isaan. Good looking. No Pam Anderson, but that is not the point.

First time I went there, I speculated that I would be shot in the back of the head. A roll of toilet paper was on the "dining room" table. A female roommate was passed out.

Two days later he and her had a verbal argument about where to eat on Suk / Soi 3 @ 3 am.

I went to Hillary Bar.

Whats the point? TIT. No lecture. No point. No sense.

But I will be back. Sooner. Not later. Sooner.

My brother met a gal in Thailand. She was from Isaan. Good looking. No Pam Anderson, but that is not the point.

First time I went there, I speculated that I would be shot in the back of the head. A roll of toilet paper was on the "dining room" table. A female roommate was passed out.

Two days later he and her had a verbal argument about where to eat on Suk / Soi 3 @ 3 am.

I went to Hillary Bar.

I have a toilet roll on the table, think we all do whistling.gif . Not second hand though...............thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

She would very rarely sleep in that room. She will probably have many farrang boyfriends who take her to their hotel rooms. When it's your turn, take her to your hotel room. Don't pay for her to stay elsewhere when you go back home.

• Like 1

Hmm, troll city in this thread! Ever think the OP and his G/F might be slightly more normal people than you're used to seeing in Thailand!

Probably .

However a box room on sukhumvit for 20 years.

Alarm bells are ringing for me.

The OP should spend a bit more time with her here. Not splashing the cash.

Try to meet some of her friends.

Get a better picture.

Years ago I was shagging a Chinese bird living in a room above a take away on Holloway rd.

Her living arrangements were terrible.

Didn't think of sending her any money.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Was that her real room, or her show room to make you feel sorry?

Plenty of girls that have a really nice house, but pretend to live in a toilet so Mr. Right Knight will give them money.

Absolutely......spot on.

Why doesn't the OP arrive unannounced next time and just follow, and see if she really lives there..?

Not saying this is true in your case, but lots of these ladies have decent places with other gals/boyfriends..... and keep an odd room on the side for appearances (of being single/poor).

My ex just passed away, and I found out just now that she had a husband that I was supporting for 8 years. When I did my visits to my kids, they lived in a shoebox apartment with no food on the shelf. This was just a decoy. Their real home (I never knew of) was elsewheres.

Edited by slipperylobster
  • Like 2

Not saying this is true in your case, but lots of these ladies have decent places with other gals/boyfriends..... and keep an odd room on the side for appearances (of being single/poor).

My ex just passed away, and I found out just now that she had a husband that I was supporting for 8 years. When I did my visits to my kids, they lived in a shoebox apartment with no food on the shelf. This was just a decoy. Their real home (I never knew of) was elsewheres.

Sorry to read that guy, BUT I do know of others..................sad.png

I went to Hillary Bar.

I have a toilet roll on the table, think we all do whistling.gif . Not second hand though...............thumbsup.gif

When on the table it should be referred to as rotating napkin.

• Like 2

Bad luck there, why didn't the kids tell you?

• Like 1

" feel a little uncomfortable knowing she lives like this. I don't want to become a sponsor "

Well, instead of becoming a sponsor, you could buy her something she could use?

Maybe an AC or a fan?

Maybe a new mattress? Kitchen wares?

New scooter?

I have a girlfriend and she knows I cannot be her sponsor, but I do get her gifts that she can use and live with.

She appreciates that just as much.

MantisMan actually puts my thoughts into practice with some useful ideas. I have over the years bought 3 motorbikes, put two people in school, one into masters program, and little things here and there. Why? Because I wanted to. Do like MantisMan suggests; perhaps this is your middle way solution.

• Like 1