beaches south of cha am

davidst01

Sai Noi beach aint bad,very small and scenic..its just past Khao Tao beach around the corner from the lake there otherwise theres not a lot till after Prachaup Khiri Khan. You also got Pak nam Pran which is quite nice and not too far.......but depends what you looking for in a beach?

I know you said 100 km but if you were prepared to go just that little bit further approx 30 km more you should head for Ao Manao beach just outside Prachuap Khiri Khan,it's situated on the airforce base.

Seafood is wonderful and very cheap with very few western tourists around.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=ao+manao

Thank you for a really informative post - in the dime stores and bus stations, people talk of situations, read books, repeat quotations, draw conclusions on the wall - my love she speaks like silence, without ideals of violence, she doesn't have to say she's faithfull yet she's true like ice, like fire ....

I know you said 100 km but if you were prepared to go just that little bit further approx 30 km more you should head for Ao Manao beach just outside Prachuap Khiri Khan,it's situated on the airforce base.

Seafood is wonderful and very cheap with very few western tourists around.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=ao+manao

Agree....Ao Manao is really good......clean water and great foods......

• 1 month later...

After reading these posts, I decided to drive down to Ao Manao a couple of weekends ago.

We left Bangers at 7 am and arrived just after 10am. What a fantastic beach, clean, safe no rocks, very shallow and great views.

There are no "high rises", no hawkers and seemingly no "riff raff" Thai or foreign you would normally associate with Thai beaches.

Sat under the pine trees, drinking a cold beer, eating delicious seafood - what a joy!

Whilst laying back in one of the deckchairs, I even heard the birds singing, amazing, it was so peaceful.

This beach is perfect for families, being inside the Thai Airforce base it is very safe. There a couple of shops, restaurants, even a gas/petrol station and toilet blocks. Admittedly the toilets were the old squat variety and not clean, but there was a "shower" to wash under.

We will definitely be going back and staying overnight or for a couple of nights.

Edited by TommyTucker