Wanted Kawasaki GTO with book

Good luck - hope you find a nice one.

Thai language classified free ads will be the best hunting ground - it's not really an "ex-pat bike".

Still loads about in Bangkok - they seem to last forever - especially for a 2-Stroke. They do have a certain olde school charm - I reckon they will be a future classic like the Yamaha 400 singles.

• Like 1

Just wondering what will the price be?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Just did a quick Google of the Thai ads and they seem to start at around 4000 THB and go up to around 20,000 THB for a later model in very good condition ..... cheap for a future classic. This one is on Salebike.net for 18,000 .... looks good to me .....

943394-500x379.jpg

• Like 2

Good luck - hope you find a nice one.

Thai language classified free ads will be the best hunting ground - it's not really an "ex-pat bike".

Still loads about in Bangkok - they seem to last forever - especially for a 2-Stroke. They do have a certain olde school charm - I reckon they will be a future classic like the Yamaha 400 singles.

Agree about the GTO's charm, and a GTO is on my list to add to my collection of "classic" 2 strokes, keep it orginal or it could make a nice cafer racer.

OP good luck finding one.

THAT'S what I'm talkin' about !!

Price range 20k or under.

I have saaling and Suzuki Smash 110 pretty old and no book that I'm riding back from Bang Saphon in a couple of days.

Suzy is ok but no book. So I thought I'd get the GTO mule to pull the saaling...we had similiar in mexico and cant break them...

plus they look good......plus plus I not have so much money and all I can get now.

Thanks all, if you puy your hands on a good one yell out.

james

I have to say that every time a GTO (or indeed an RX-Z) goes by I have to look round to see what it is. They sound great and I can certainly see the attraction.

If you get one OP, keep us posted about the "project" that will undoubtedly develop from it!

• Like 2

OP, you can consider Yamaha tzm 150 and Honda nsr150 as well. Especially if you can find SP proarm version of nsr150 like in the photo.

Not much difference on price.

These are better, sportier and faster bikes with better components.

If you like upright sitting ergonomics and a classic look, go for gto of course.

post-184955-0-69581700-1401275665_thumb.

post-184955-0-16794100-1401275669_thumb.

Edited by ll2

Since I posted I see some bikes online from 6000-19,000

Yamaha and Honda arent really suited to tug a hack (pull a sidecar - saling) :-)

Still looking...have 1 maybe on way north too CM from Bang Saphan..I see lots in Bangkok but its long way again to come for moto...maybe have to do it though

Anyone know how much on train if bring one ?? I asked once and was told 800B to CM, but that was without me...I heard its maybe 200 as luggage if I go ??

OP, you can consider Yamaha tzm 150 and Honda nsr150 as well. Especially if you can find SP proarm version of nsr150 like in the photo.

Not much difference on price.

These are better, sportier and faster bikes with better components.

If you like upright sitting ergonomics and a classic look, go for gto of course.

I'd be willing to bet the price of the bike that it's much easier to find a GTO in nicer condition than the vast majority of the TZM / NSR will be in due to those two being abused to hell.

I'm back in Chiang Rai....I saw none for sale at any shops on the way up here from Prachuap - which I did with Smash 110 saaling at 65kph.a flying trip...that little suzuki is a killer, 10 years old, 50K km, it's been run out of oil more than once......you can't kill them evidently.

I'll go to CM in a week or so and look, seems like BKK is the place though.

everybody thanks for help :-)