RS warns it might scrap live telecast if court rules in favour of NBTC

webfact

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Natee pointed out that since 1970, all Thais had enjoyed watching live broadcast of all matches of the World Cup. Even during the 2010 World Cup, whose broadcast rights were also held by RS, 22 million households were able to watch live matches via free TV.

A judge at the court suggested that national interest should come first. Therefore, all Thais should be able to watch all 64 live matches of the World Cup final.

Perhaps when the Thai's consider sharing all they have regardless of a persons nationality they might find the world a fairer place.

Why should Thailand have a free viewing time concerning this football tournament when all other countries are paying the fee?

Personally I do not like football hence I am not affected, however those who do like football are very badly affected as I might be if it was a sport that I like, i.e. rugby, cricket motor racing, dwile flonking etc.

I attach below a link concerning Dwile Flonking for those who are unfamiliar with this ancient English pass time.cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Free to view would make it the same as the UK who will air via BBC and ITV

The BBC and ITV pay a lot money for the free-to-air rights. I don't believe the terrestrial Thai TV channels have paid a satang! Like it or not FIFA are a (mean) commercial business!

I'm as sick as a parrot.

Last week I forked out 8,500 baht for 2 PSI boxes and a RS Sunbox ( to watch the football in bed) plus an extra dish on the front of the house.

Now it looks like they will be expensive "door stops".

I'd like to watch through the internet but we are screwed 'cos TOT can only give us 3 MB.

Who cares. I am a cricket fan. Bring on the Cricket Word Cup

Well said. I know that football is keenly followed by 3rd world (and, 4th & 5th world countries 'take your pick)

BUT I wouldn't give a sh1t if I never see another game in my life.

Give me cricket and rugby union any day. coffee1.gif

Which are played by .... oh yeah 6th and 7th world countries (Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Samoa, Tonga, Papua New Guinea, Wales, Namibia, )

• Like 2

For the past few years I have watched the full 24 hours of Le Mans

I guess this year faecesball will take preference over everything else.

Slightly off topic - why is football called "the beautiful game"?

Wishful thinking I guess, since it seems to be played by the ugliest Neanderthals in the world. The fans aren't much better.

• Like 1

Watch for the mass exodus of Brits in the next couple of days. YESSSSSSSSS. Hope they don't get a visa for re-entry. 5555

It's RS's ball. If they want to pick it up and go home, all the more power to them.

I'd rather watch 2 flies crawling up a wall than watch soccer.

• Like 1

Well what a mess,so typically Thai,2 days to go and no one knows if we will even see any of the wc,if this is the case it would be in a small handfull of places that are not showing it,like North korea,or somalia or most of Syria, and i could be wrong about the last two.

• Like 1

Well said. I know that football is keenly followed by 3rd world (and, 4th & 5th world countries 'take your pick)

Which are played by .... oh yeah 6th and 7th world countries (Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Zimbabwe, Samoa, Tonga, Papua New Guinea, Wales, Namibia, )

PNG play cricket?

Didn't they have the same issue last time and it sorted itself out?

I wonder thy have to wait until the 11th hour to sort this out they must have had the broadcasting rights for a while now.

Shame on FIFA they used to have to where the World Cup should be shown on terrestrial TV, I know they recently lost a battle in the UK about this

Watch for the mass exodus of Brits in the next couple of days. YESSSSSSSSS. Hope they don't get a visa for re-entry. 5555

It's RS's ball. If they want to pick it up and go home, all the more power to them.

Tried that with a few aussie mates (must be an aussie sport) .... they kept disappearing behind the bloomin' corks on me 'at

You forgot India and Pakistan.

The Junta claim they want all those living in Thailand to be very happy in my humble opinion can I suggest that they make all World Cup games free on very channel wether it be free or pay TV

Not only that, freee EPL AND free beer to watch, goarrrrrrrrrrrrrn you Junta

Can i have my daily mail back please

Kangaroo eaters showed their spots again

PNG play cricket?

Yep, but not very well .... they even got beat by Scotland in 2014 ICC Cricket World Cup qualifiers

Scotland 288/9 (50 overs) PNG 236 all out (45 1 overs)

Sydney boy, you carry on with your weird kinky thing and keep watching those flies. Aussies like football very much and are getting better all the time.

That's just lazy. You don't even need to leave the house to watch two flies crawling up a wall in Australia.

• Like 1

Natee pointed out that since 1970, all Thais had enjoyed watching live broadcast of all matches of the World Cup. Even during the 2010 World Cup, whose broadcast rights were also held by RS, 22 million households were able to watch live matches via free TV.

A judge at the court suggested that national interest should come first. Therefore, all Thais should be able to watch all 64 live matches of the World Cup final.

Perhaps when the Thai's consider sharing all they have regardless of a persons nationality they might find the world a fairer place.

Why should Thailand have a free viewing time concerning this football tournament when all other countries are paying the fee?

Personally I do not like football hence I am not affected, however those who do like football are very badly affected as I might be if it was a sport that I like, i.e. rugby, cricket motor racing, dwile flonking etc.

I attach below a link concerning Dwile Flonking for those who are unfamiliar with this ancient English pass time.cheesy.gif

Definitely looks like more fun and excitement than soccer

Football.

you mean "Fitba"

Sydney boy, you carry on with your weird kinky thing and keep watching those flies. Aussies like football very much and are getting better all the time.

Yes Aussies do like their football, ( Rugby Union, Rugby League and even Aussie Rules ) but less than 5% are avid SOCCER fans. That's out of 24 million people (approx). And most of them come from Pommie land, Europe and North African countries.

They can always read about it in the papers.

This is the biggest and most popular sports event in the world, not some local sideshow like Muay Thai or Aussie Rules. smile.png

Who is Thailand playing?

Well it won't be Collingwood or Carlton.

Doesn't matter anyway because the Thais support England. thumbsup.gif

Doesn't matter anyway because the Thais support England to make the quickest return from brazil

do not

They can always read about it in the papers.

This is the biggest and most popular sports event in the world, not some local sideshow like Muay Thai or Aussie Rules. smile.png

So ! There's so much round ball on Thai TV now that it's just another game. Not everyone was born with the round ball gene.

yeah, i like watching netball also thumbsup.gif