Bangkok: Wellknown ex-model Yooyee jailed 15 years for cocaine possession

webfact

15 years what BS, remember the Australian who shot an American three times in the Top North hotel Chiangmai because he didn't like him! Only stayed in jail 1 year 9 months and returned to Perth! Murdered a guy but goes home!

Better story: What about the Thai politician's son who shot and killed a cop at point blank range in front of a room full of witnesses. No jail time and is now a shooting instructor for the police.

Amazing Thailand... Indeed.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ridiculous you don’t even get that for murdering 10 people on an expressway with no licence or insurance….or murdering hundreds in an unlicensed noodle soup shop called Santika

Idiotic Thailand as per usualsick.gif.pagespeed.ce.tVTSNn-2vr.png

Am I right when I guess you are not here, since Thailand is so idiotic as per usual, to you.

Drug trafficking as we all know carries a heavy penalty in most if not all Asian countries. regardless of the amount, the crime is the same. Armed robbery of THB 1,000 or THB 1,000,000,000 is still armed robbery.

how could she be trafficking, unless the article is wrong, she had a quarter gram. street value 625 baht.

I do not think her surname is Thai.Does anyone know where she was coming from.Maybe someone told that she was being a naughty girl

I think she has been married to a foreigner for a long time.

Anyhow,

As always, plenty of posts claiming this and that, without any link to their fantastic stories and arguments.

Typical, if it had been a Nigerian man, I wonder what the reaction would have been on TV.

Burn him at the stake.

Is that what you wanted to read?

It is what I would have read.

Well you hadn't read it until I wrote it in reaction to your condemnation of the TV community before anything even happened.

You stoked it.... If you don't like the forum and what the members 'may' come out with, I suggest you try fluffypuppydogforum.com

You've lost me.

Ridiculous you don’t even get that for murdering 10 people on an expressway with no licence or insurance….or murdering hundreds in an unlicensed noodle soup shop called Santika

Am I right when I guess you are not here, since Thailand is so idiotic as per usual, to you.

So what word would you use to describe this type of verdict? Not wanting to shoot the messenger and all that. Feel free to express an opinion about the subject, it so much more mature than just criticising other posters.

I do not think her surname is Thai.Does anyone know where she was coming from.Maybe someone told that she was being a naughty girl

I think she has been married to a foreigner for a long time.

Anyhow,

As always, plenty of posts claiming this and that, without any link to their fantastic stories and arguments.

For the curious among us here's all you need to know.

post-9891-0-66757900-1402558931.jpgpost-9891-0-50005700-1402558933_thumb.jp

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Cuesta

http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuyee_Alissa_Intusmith

Buenos diaz

40 year-old former Thai-Spanish model gets 15 year jail-term

BANGKOK, 12 June 2014 (NNT) - The Criminal Court has sentenced a once famous model to 15 years in prison and fined her 1.5 million baht.

Former Thai-Spanish model Chatchada Cuesta Ramos, who is more widely known as “Yuyee” Alissa Inthusmith, has been charged with trafficking 251 mg cocaine into Thailand after she was returning from a trip to Vietnam.

Ms. Ramos denied the allegations and stated that a passenger from the plane had given her an empty chocolate tube. However, she was unaware that the tube had been stuffed with cocaine.

The court dismissed her alibi by saying that it was impossible for somebody to willingly receive an unknown item from a stranger without checking what was inside it.

According to the Narcotics Control Act B.E 2522 (1979), the punishment for trafficking illegal drugs is a 20 year prison-term and a 2 million baht fine. However, since the defendant later provided useful testimony on the case, her sentenced had been reduced by ? to 15 years in prison and a 1.5 million baht fine instead.

Ms. Ramos was also found guilty by being involved in illegal wildlife trade where she would receive a three-month jail-term on it.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-06-12 footer_n.gif

"According to the Narcotics Control Act B.E 2522 (1979), the punishment for trafficking illegal drugs is a 20 year prison-term and a 2 million baht fine. However, since the defendant later provided useful testimony on the case, her sentenced had been reduced by ? to 15 years in prison and a 1.5 million baht fine instead."

5. It's not that difficult. giggle.gif

But there is not one Thai article writing about 251 grammes.

Yes there is at least this one:

http://w3.manager.co.th/Crime/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9570000065815

that has been copied on several FB pages, like:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.788226967877068.1073746002.277263228973447&type=1

If it is 250gms, which is about 8.8 ounces for metric illiterate colonial cousin's, the sentence handed down seems about right I would think

Bangkok Post says 251 grammes of cocaine.

If that's the case, it's a different story. Street value of around a million baht (in the UK) if it's pure, 600k if cut. Not really at personal use level unless you're Scarface.

Yeah, but seems more likely it's 251mg as the article says a "small amount". Not sure many people would class 251g as a small amount. 251g would surely amount to trafficking - though I guess typically mules would carry a kilo at least - whereas 251mg is like you say, enough for about half an hour's 'entertainment' for a couple of people. Pretty sickening and absurd this sort of sentence.

"Ridiculous you don’t even get that for murdering 10 people on an expressway..."

Could you remind us which incident you're referring to, 10 people murdered? There was a traffic accident that had a similar outcome, but I'm pretty sure there was no murder.

This couldn't be an idiotic post, as per usual?

15 yrs for 250 milligrams of personal devils dandruff??? What the heck do they do to those caught trafficking millions of yabaa pills?

Totally crazy.. is this not a mistake where they mean 250 grams ?

thats what i thought but the article says 'small amount"

must be 350 grams though. i mean the judges said they didnt believe it was for her own use. in other words that it was to be sold.

"Ridiculous you don’t even get that for murdering 10 people on an expressway..."

Could you remind us which incident you're referring to, 10 people murdered? There was a traffic accident that had a similar outcome, but I'm pretty sure there was no murder.

I think he was referring to the teenage rich kid named "Praewa" who crashed her car into a van filled with "nine" people on December 27th, 2010. Right? Link to the source: http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=3711

Edited by marsstar14

Former top Thai model sentenced to 20 years jail
By Digital Content

14025608016478.jpg

BANGKOK, June 12 - The Thai Criminal Court on Thursday sentenced former popular Thai model, Yu-Yee, to 20 years prison on drug possession charges.

Chatchaya Cuesta Ramos, also known as "Yu-Yee," arrived at the Ratchadapisek Road court early today, to hear the verdict for her cocaine possession charges.

The former model was arrested on November 10, 2012, when immigration police reported that they had been tipped off that Ms Yu-Yee was carrying drugs into Thailand through Don Mueang International Airport.

The authorities intercepted her and inspected her belongings and found 251 milligrammes of cocaine in her luggage.

The suspect claimed the was given the tube of chocolate by a passenger on the plane during her flight back from Vietnam, adding that she had no idea that the tube was filled with cocaine.

The court analysed the incident and ruled it impossible for a person to receive a gift from someone they did not know.

Informing the defendant that her evidence was insufficient, the court found the suspect guilty as charged.

The former model has been sentenced to 20 years prison and a fine of Bt2 million. However, since the defendant has given full testimony about the occurrence, she is entitled to a one-quarter punishment reduction.

The former top model was sentenced to 15 years jail with a fine of Bt1.5 million.

The court added another three months prison as handed down by the Min Buri Court, to Ms Yu-Yee trafficking endangered animals into the kingdom.

Meanwhile, Ms Yu-Yee's attorney, Prasert Boonkaew said he is preparing Bt2 million in cash for temporary bail for the former catwalker.

Ms Yu-Yee, on the other hand, said she would continue to fight the case. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-06-12

I think he was referring to the teenage rich kid named "Praewa" who crashed her car into a van filled with "nine" people on December 27th, 2010. Right?

But still, that was manslaughter not murder.

Seems a bit over the top but a silly risk. What was the endangered species?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Carrying cocaine into Thailand?

I guess she was the endangered species.

Wellknown ex-model Yooyee jailed 15 years for cocaine possession

6-12-2014-12-11-36-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Former model Yooyee was today (Thursday) sentenced to 15 years imprisonment and fined 1.5 million baht by the Criminal Court after she was fund guilty of illegal possession of illicit drugs for attempting to smuggle a small amount of cocaine into the country.

The ex-model, 40-year old Mrs Chatchaya Questa Ramos or Yooyee as she was wellknown in modeling circle, was arrested at Don Meuang airport’s arrival lounge as she checked in to enter the country. A search of her baggage unveiled 251 milligrammes of cocaine which was listed as Category 2 narcotic drug.

During the trial, Yooyee defended that the drug was meant for self consumption and not for sale. However, the court rejected her defence but still found her testimony beneficial.

The court first handed down a 20-year jailterm and a two-million baht fine on her but commuted the sentence to 15 years and 1.5 million baht fine due to her useful testimony.

Since Yooyee was given a three-month suspended jailterm for illegal possessing endangered species, the court added another three months on her 15 years imprisonment.

(photo : file photo from YouTube)

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/wellknown-ex-model-yooyee-jailed-15-years-cocaine-possession/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-06-12

Seems a bit over the top but a silly risk. What was the endangered species?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What was the endangered species?

A red shirt?