POLL: What is your spending as an expat?

ronthai

How much do you LIVE on in Thailand as a SINGLE person?  

523 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It should be noted that I may live on a small amount of money per month (7,500 baht) but I most certainly do NOT pay for sex but enjoy the company of Ladies that actually like being with me for who I am.I do not wish to "pay a lady" every month just so she will live with me! So the total is now currently at 7,500 baht and "free sex" -God bless you all viewers! lol

Sent from my Lenovo S920_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's absolutely impossible to be living on 20k a month, even if you are single, have no car or bike to pay off.

The survey is a joke. 100k does not let you live in a Palace. I spend 110k a month and do not live in luxury.

Please break down your budget. Not judging but where does it go? Expensive condo?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As a general guide... If you want to know how much thailand costs now... Have built a house on gf land costing 6m already so no rent....

suv and bike - 23k

Electric - 2.5k

Water - 1k

Gas cylinder - 500

3g on ipad, iPhone and Samsung - 2.4k

Internet Tot - 2k

Cth cable for EPL - 2k

Tescos say 3k a week - 12k

Petrol say 1.5k a week - 6k

Insurance car and bike - 2k

Visa 12k for 6 months - 2k

3 kids school, clothes, food - 10k

Dad pocket money 3k

Mum pocket money 3k

Eating out, kids weekend, drinking etc - 10k

There you go... That's 90k there on nothing special and not living in a Palace. With other shit like attending to the land, service car, buying clothes and airline tickets its easily 110k a month.

Anyone saying they can live on 20k a month is total bullshit... Dont care how single they are.

Dads pocket money? Monthly bill of over 100,000 baht? Dad only gets 3k?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He lives on the land! Pretty amazing 3k can last him a long time... He does work as well though on others land but we cover him for most things. My point is 100k gets you jack shit in thailand. To live in a Palace or to really live well you probably need to spend 300k a month.

It should be noted that I may live on a small amount of money per month (7,500 baht) but I most certainly do NOT pay for sex but enjoy the company of Ladies that actually like being with me for who I am.I do not wish to "pay a lady" every month just so she will live with me! So the total is now currently at 7,500 baht and "free sex" -God bless you all viewers! lol

That's so beautiful the ladies love you for who you are.

A tight ass that bangs ugly chicks.. Thumbs up. Should start charging them make some coin.

• Like 2

That's so beautiful the ladies love you for who you are.

A tight ass that bangs ugly chicks.. Thumbs up. Should start charging them make some coin.

Was going to say something similar, but you beat me to it

I am not saying this to be atagonistic but any less than 100K and what is the point being here?

At least 60K of that would be on "indulgence" and seriously if you are not going to indulge yourself (and often) then seriously what on earth is the point in living here?

When I was single I was spending well over 200,000THB per month (on top of rent as that was paid)...and it was the best 5 years of my life...honestly trying to live here on 20,00 or 30,000 just completely defies the point.

The 'point' is that if thats all the income you have, then you can live a lot better life in Thailand on it, then you can if you stay in the west trying to survive. I know I'll be able to retire to a much better life in Thailand on a meagre income then trying to survive in England on the same.

jon-stewart-colbert-bravo.gif

• Like 1

As a general guide... If you want to know how much thailand costs now... Have built a house on gf land costing 6m already so no rent....

suv and bike - 23k

Electric - 2.5k

Water - 1k

Gas cylinder - 500

Internet Tot - 2k

Cth cable for EPL - 2k

Dad pocket money 3k

Mum pocket money 3k

There you go... That's 90k there on nothing special and not living in a Palace. With other shit like attending to the land, service car, buying clothes and airline tickets its easily 110k a month.

Anyone saying they can live on 20k a month is total bullshit... Dont care how single they are.

Hope you had built at least a 500 sq meter home for 6 million Baht (WOW!!! should be a Palace!) ....as I am building now (double walls, 12mm glass, built in kitchens and bathrooms , including air, water heaters, tanks etc...8 bathrooms, 4 kitchens) all to a western standard. 400 sq meters is costing me 4 million baht...

Seems to me another falang letting costs run out of control....at least to build a house (unless of course it's a Palace! But you say not.) ....7 people, 90,000 Baht/month seems reasonable

Edit....just noticed 23k for suv and bike/ month....curious since you paid cash for the house why not the suv and bike?

Also your monthly expenses include 5 other persons (3 child and 2 parents)...So seems NOT like bullshit for 1 person to live on 20,000 Baht/month as if you break down you per person expenses it works out approximately 13,000 baht a month!biggrin.png

Edited by beachproperty
  • Like 1

I currently live on 7,500 "all in " and I am sorry but I just cannot understand how you all spend so much money! 20,000 baht a month!? Thailand is a 3rd world country guys! I don't know anybody who spends that kind of money!! That's outrageous!

That would just about but a decent bottle of Chablis and a couple of dozen oysters. Nevermind the main course.

• Like 1

How on earth do you people come up with your insanely low figures? When I was living in Thailand I didn't live an entirely opulent life but I certainly spent more than 100,000 baht/month.

Basic 100sqm condo -> 27,000

Utilities (internet, electricity, phone, etc) -> 3,000

Car Maintenance (I was doing 5,000km/m) -> 35,000

Maid -> 5,000

Food (I have a healthy diet with the occasional dinner at a fine restaurant and the odd Sunday brunch) - 60,000

Nightclubs/Pubs/etc -> 10,000

Stuff my gf wanted to buy (incl. cleaning supplies, etc) -> 10,000

That's 150,000 baht/month already and doesn't include incidentals, flights, visas, holidays, health checkups, etc.

Can you please put a up link for these Bt.13,000 per month beach front houses.

There is no link .....I live in the area and know what Real Estate rents for (other Falangs ...paying as little as 4500 month (further from the beach but near town).). The house and rent I speak of I actually rented AND the rent was 13,000 Baht a month.

Generally houses or condo's advertised on the Net are WAY more expensive than if you go to the area you like and either look for signs for rent or ask locals if they are aware a place for rent (surprisingly in small towns everybody knows everybody and what's available)

EDIT...never said it was a "beachfront" house. It is in a beach area and was 100 meters to the water (down a side soi with a empty lot in front!)

Edited by beachproperty

Yeah figured you had no proof.

Yeah ....should have figured get the typical TV response....denial!

Oh and by the way....I am building a 5 plex ....BEACHFRONT....where luxury 1 bedroom units will rent for 30,000/baht a month on a one year lease. PM me if your interested ....should be available toward the end of the year.

Good luck with you "head in the ground" attitude....

Edited by beachproperty

suv and bike - 23k

Electric - 2.5k

Water - 1k

Gas cylinder - 500

Internet Tot - 2k

Cth cable for EPL - 2k

Dad pocket money 3k

Mum pocket money 3k

Hope you had built at least a 500 sq meter home for 6 million Baht (WOW!!! should be a Palace!) ....as I am building now (double walls, 12mm glass, built in kitchens and bathrooms , including air, water heaters, tanks etc...8 bathrooms, 4 kitchens) all to a western standard. 400 sq meters is costing me 4 million baht...

Seems to me another falang letting costs run out of control....at least to build a house (unless of course it's a Palace! But you say not.) ....7 people, 90,000 Baht/month seems reasonable

Edit....just noticed 23k for suv and bike/ month....curious since you paid cash for the house why not the suv and bike?

Also your monthly expenses include 5 other persons (3 child and 2 parents)...So seems NOT like bullshit for 1 person to live on 20,000 Baht/month as if you break down you per person expenses it works out approximately 13,000 baht a month!biggrin.png

m² size doesn't mean anything as far as cost is concerned. there might be 650m² homes which cost 6.5m Baht. i know a home (same size) which cost >25 million (that's when i stopped counting) whistling.gif

90,000 Baht/month seems reasonable

not when your electricity bill looks like this sick.gif

Electricity%204-5-2014.jpg

Oh and by the way....I am building a 5 plex ....BEACHFRONT....where luxury 1 bedroom units will rent for 30,000/baht a month on a one year lease. PM me if your interested ....should be available toward the end of the year.

hey your the one the repeatedly telling us of these 13k houses near the beach. figures you have no proof though.

But by all means if you see one please send me a pm of the details cause I have been looking for a while.

Edited by Spoonman

hey your the one the repeatedly telling us of these 13k houses near the beach. figures you have no proof though.

But by all means if you see one please send me a pm of the details cause I have been looking for a while.

Looking for awhile.....what on the internet .....try getting off the barstool and find the area you want (HINT ...it won't be in Phuket, Hua Hin,,,etc ...touristy areas)

Try the Eastern Seaboard....Bang Chang, Rayong, Mae Ramphung, etc).....and then you do as I posted earlier....look for signs or ask locals....I know its a bit of work but might do you well

Actually do have a friend with a house available now for rent ....on 2 rai ...less than 1 kilometer to the beach....2 bedrooms....7500 baht...Interested...PM me your details

Edited by beachproperty

How on earth do you people come up with your insanely low figures? When I was living in Thailand I didn't live an entirely opulent life but I certainly spent more than 100,000 baht/month.

Maid -> 5,000

Food (I have a healthy diet with the occasional dinner at a fine restaurant and the odd Sunday brunch) - 60,000

That's 150,000 baht/month already and doesn't include incidentals, flights, visas, holidays, health checkups, etc.

For most people here, 2,000 baht a day on food is a lot. 2,000 baht will usually last me 1-2 weeks. There is seriously awesome Thai food everywhere for 50 baht or less per meal. If you don't like it, fine, eat what you like, but it's quite easy to understand how others spend less.

I only go to Thai nightclubs, not farang ones, and split the bill with friends, so a night out is usually well under 1,000 baht.

You spend 15k per month on girlfriend and maid. It should be obvious how many people lower the cost there

Looking for awhile.....what on the internet .....try getting off the barstool and find the area you want (HINT ...it won't be in Phuket, Hua Hin,,,etc ...touristy areas)

Try the Eastern Seaboard....Bang Chang, Rayong, Mae Ramphung, etc).....and then you do as I posted earlier....look for signs or ask locals....I know its a bit of work but might do you well

Actually do have a friend with a house available now for rent ....on 2 rai ...less than 1 kilometer to the beach....2 bedrooms....7500 baht...Interested...PM me your details

What a hostile and outwardly rude post, but kinda figures seeing as you claim to be a "developer" AKA a complete w*nker

• Like 1

Maid -> 5,000

AND what does that say about you?

First off ...Rent 27,000/month...must be in Bangkok....Thailand's a big country and on the Eastern Seaboard an older 3 bedroom 2 baht Beach house 100 meters from the beach goes for 13,000'month

SAVINGS ....14,000 Baht

Secondly....Car Maintenance 35,000/month....again inflated ...if you paid cash should be no more than 4000 baht/month....savings 31,000 Baht a month....OR if you lease a fairly new car they are available for 10,000/baht month (includes insurance) and gas 4,000.....

SAVINGS....21,000 Baht

Thirdly....Maid.. Try cleaning the house and dishes yourself....good exercise! Or is your girlfriend incapable of doing the simplest things.

SAVINGS....5000 Baht

Fourthly....Food ...not everyone has the appetite of an Elephant....OR eats out daily at expensive western restaurants....Shop at the market and cook yourself ...healthier! 10,000 Baht

SAVINGS.....50,000 Baht

TOTAL SAVINGS 90,000 Baht..

You state "When you were living in Thailand" ....obviously short time so understandable that you would care less about costs and enjoy yourself......Hey...great...You wanted to know how people come up with these figures....try reading ALL the post including the reference to the Blog in one.......It can be done....AND its easy....

Sounds like you've got and want to spend it ......not everyone in the same boat....Quality of life is different for all so why take not take the high road and congratulated those who can do it on the budget they have. Just because you spend more DOES NOT mean you have a better quality life ....or any life at all.

Just saying ....biggrin.png

I known what your post says about you

• Like 2

Most cheap places aren't advertised on the internet. At most there might be a Thai language advertisement on some Thai language website. Most owners outside of tourist areas simply don't speak English and don't know how to use the internet. You need to physically look around or ask local Thais about rentals. It helps if you can read Thai, at least enough to see the signs about places for rent. Outside of a tourist area, 13k for a place a short walk from the beach is possible.

• Like 1

Touting for business in General?

That's pretty desperate

• Like 1

Touting for business in General?

That's pretty desperate

Actually ...NO

Spoonman wanted proof....I provided such. Places available at a specific prices....

WOW...just trying to help a fellow TV mate find what he's looking for ....and the Hammer comes down. ...

Relax ....coffee1.gif

Edited by beachproperty

Just found one on the internet for 10Kpost-203732-0-88373400-1402812283_thumb.

Good luck with you "head in the ground" attitude..

LOL @ Barstool. Yeah I already live on the eastern seaboard and when Iam not working (monday to friday 12 hours per day) I do drive around looking.

Thanks for your childish remarks though.... speaks volumes of yourself.

As for the 2 bed place..... not interested as it is to small, I'll be happy with a 3 bed 2 bath closer to the beach than 1kilometer for 13k thanks, one of those that you have already mentioned a few times.

Edited by DLP
  • Like 2

That's very nice of you.

The owner will be very grateful.

• Like 1

Maid -> 5,000

Am I reading this correctly 60000 baht on food and only 10000 on entertainment? I guess entertainment is eating? No offense intended but seems to be a lot. I would assume you are eating primarily western. There is littel value in western food in Thailand it is way overpriced so one should not argue prices based on western food here.

I have learned in Thailand knowledge is power when it comes to expenditures. There are basically two types of expats who live here. 1) those who have newly arrived or those who don't value their money or simply don't bother to look for savings 2) those who have figured out the Thai game of shaking money from Westerners and work around it.

The previous poster did make a legitimate point about scouting for properties. There are many Thais and Farangs who mrerely flip properties to foreigners at double or triple their rental prices. I have met many Thais sitting on properties with outrageous prices and when I ask them who will they sell to they simply smile and say "farang". Its little wonders Thais don't respect the farang or feel they are all rich when they pay so little attention to getting fleeced.

Personally I rent an 11th floor seaview condo less than 100 meters from a good beach in a prime tourist area. It is 50 square meters with king bed, quality oak furniture, washer, full kitchen and new 42 inch flatscreen with internet and wifi included in the price. The building has 24 hour security, key cards, restaurant, convenience store, 25 meter pool and gym. I pay less than 10000 per month. If it were my first time here I would have paid 20 or 25k for the unit. Live and learn.

• Like 2