Thai Customs to auction seized luxury cars on July 3

webfact

I wonder if this include the Lambos and Ferraris with the LPG tanks that were discovered last year.

I have noticed that the showroom with exclusive cars on Pattaya Sukhumvit, which got raided last year by the DSI but was completely clean, is now almost completely empty.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Most of the vehicles (107 units) are Toyota. The bulk also contains 33 Mercedes Benz, 12 BMW, 6 Jaguar and 2 Ferrari. A black automatic Ferrari F430 is attached with the highest start price, at Bt5.15 million.

The auction will start at 10am at the department's office in Khlong Toei.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/2011/06/24/business/Customs-to-auction-216-vehicles-30158631.html

Thanks for finding and posting this detail.

That refers to article dated 2011?

• Like 1

Maybe they could check to see if all the cars are complete and functioning before the auction !!!

Most auctions are "as is". Not sure what the verbiage reads. However, you shouldn't buy, sign unless you are ok with the terms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was referring to the fact that the gangs allegedly removing the computers, thereby putting any genuine buyers off bidding..

"former finance minister Thirachai Phuvanatnaranubala" seems to know a little too much about how to make money from having these computer-less cars seized, bought back at auction, refitted and sold at a huge profit.

I suppose he could be just very good at his job.

Or he could just know what every other wealthy Thai knows about this "business". It isn't exactly rocket science, is it?

If a police general described the typical way that a burglar jimmies a lock, would you suspect him of breaking into houses himself, or being complicit in such break-ins?

Disparaging humour not your thing, is it? biggrin.png

Perhaps I can lay some stuff to rest, there will be no one threatening you at these auctions. I believe a couple of people read it on a thread from years ago on a farang being threaten on knife point to withdraw. This is still being passed down. Yes, there were some gangs who work with the police and custom that use this as a way to wash a car clean, this is uncommon since 2-3 years ago when they start cracking down.

Majority of the bidders are dealers and used car dealers who look for resale, there are private bidders as well. I had a friend who bid on a a Bentely Continental GT last year and won, paid around 8 million. Everything was straight forward. Also know 2 friends, one owns a BMW dealer and the other a Honda dealer, they both go to bid on these cars and say it’s a straight forward process nowadays. 90s and early 2000s were a different story.

Deals can be had but most of the more desirable cars such as BMW, Mercedes, Toyota, Honda actually cost around 20% lower than used car prices on market, not that much of a deal. Big discounts can be had for high end cars such as Porsche, Lambo, Ferrari, etc that are usually priced over 10-20 million.

• Like 1