Does anyone happen to know the price per sq mtr of a condo in Jomtien. My thai wife owns a 65 sq mtr condo (studio) in one of the View talay developments in Jomtien. We are moving to Thailand in September and are thinking of selling it. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Seems to be netween 50,000-75,000 at present. But of course it depends on location, age of building, how well the property managers look after it, the sate of the unit itself...etc.

Also depends on A Grade or B Grade development (in another strong we're trying to get the developers to explain the ctiteria of this grading system).

Hi,

The price per square meter is specific to your building. I think comparisions are helpful but sales in your building are the most important. Just for reference on the lower end, I just bought a 30 sqaure meter condo for investment in Bangkok Udom Suk, walking distance in 2? years to the sky train extension for 8000 per square meter (needs work). I am also considering a 90 square meter (3 studios) condo which I would totally refinish offered for 23,000 per aquare meter with very nice 10th floor (top) ocean views 150-200 mteres from the beach in Jomtein. This is the low end (bar neighborhood) but closer to Jomtien beach than VT 2. Also, if your condo is in a falang name then it would command a premium price. What premium is yet to be determined. My advise would be to price it slightly below comparable (sales--in falang name) in your building because the market is certianly soft rather than strong. If your condo is in a corporation then I have not a clue as to what a rich Thai would pay for it. FWIW

Average square meter for a property are relative as mentioned above. But if you want to compare I am working on feature to compare prices on avg square meter on my site.

Average home price per square meter

You can play around with the calculator to get the value your interested. The calculator working on a database that it gather from various bank and real estate website around Thailand. It probably one of largest database available. You can also look at the data it use on the main page (thailisting.com).

Anyway hope you find this information useful. And if you have data mining question or feature you like to add let me know.

* PS. I probably add Mean to the research later on to day as I am curious about the different in these 2 values.

Thanks,

Art

Just ask yourself this..

Why can you buy a lovely new 200 sq m house is a good area for 6-8 Million baht (inc land that is larger of course) when a condo in a central area is around the same price for only 100 sq m?

Answer: because the foreign buyers are paying over-the-odds to the developer since the only Thais buying were hoping to flip to foreigners in the event the 49% ratio hadn't filled up..The foreigner's are paying for the construction of the WHOLE building..the developer knows in advance most of the remaining 51% won't be occupied by thais. In the West we call it a 'shell game'..but call it whatever you will.

Thaigene, maybe something to your point, but a condo in a central area has more location value than a house in a non-central area. Consider places near certain skytrain stations in Bangkok, of course, those locations carry a great premium.

Location means everything.

A guy went to a Steak House in San Francisco one evening.

When the bill came, the customer exclaimed to the waiter, "I can get a Steak, twice this size at half the price back in Kansas City!"

The waiter replies, "Yes Sir, but when your finished eating it, you're still in Kansas City".