Why are the clubs closing at 2am?

tribalfusion001

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know, don't care, ruined my night, sod the law!!!

that's what you get when you try to wait around till things close and get a deal...

I was in glow bar in soi 23 with my wife, just dancing and drinking, walked down cowboy when we got kicked out of glow bar and cowboy was closed too! It's hardly encouraging people to come to Thailand when you close everything at 2am...

• Like 1

that's what you get when you try to wait around till things close and get a deal...

I was in glow bar in soi 23 with my wife, just dancing and drinking, walked down cowboy when we got kicked out of glow bar and cowboy was closed too! It's hardly encouraging people to come to Thailand when you close everything at 2am...

well sorry the enforcement of the law ruined your evening....start earlier. As as I can remember, Soi Cowboy always closed at 2am, Usually Thonglor made the sweep but they have handed over the reins to the A Team.

Anyway, my experience (past) has been that rarely anything good happens at 2am, especially in hindsight the next morning

I read the glow bar did not get going until midnight, so we got to the club at 11.30 and it was rocking by 1am, another 2 or 3 hours would have perfect. Not a happy bunny this morning...

Typical BS response form the more self-righteous hypocrites who never have and never WILL break a law.

I wonder how many of them have bribed a Thai police officer after being breathalysed or greased a palm to make an immigration issue disappear.

ouch, looks like another one who is had his club shut down too... oh my.

Some people like to party into the early hours and when the tunes are rocking like tonight, early doors ain't the one!

You will get over it mate. Just drink faster next time....wink.png

Don't blame the law because the scene in which such clubs operate does not find it trendy to start a wee bit earlier. And don't blame the Army because from what I can tell they are doing a stellar job cleaning up the whole place..

Oh don't be so bloody naive. Start thinking for yourself.

Had it occurred to you that there might be a reason for that? As in, what they SAY they're doing isn't what they're doing at all?

They've censored the press and the media, banned protests, and have just declared - wait for it - that populist policies will be outlawed in future. Then in the next breath, they've announced that in order to get the conomy moving again, they're asking banks to slacken their criteria to make it easier to extend loans to those who currently don't qualify for them. Laughable

Remember subprime by any chance?

hmmm ok... will take your word for it.

• Like 1

Don't blame the law because the scene in which such clubs operate does not find it trendy to start a wee bit earlier. And don't blame the Army because from what I can tell they are doing a stellar job cleaning up the whole place..

Had it occurred to you that there might be a reason for that? As in, what they SAY they're doing isn't what they're doing at all?

They've censored the press and the media, banned protests, and have just declared - wait for it - that populist policies will be outlawed in future. Then in the next breath, they've announced that in order to get the conomy moving again, they're asking banks to slacken their criteria to make it easier to extend loans to those who currently don't qualify for them. Laughable

My Thai wife has started to think for herself, she questioned the soldier why the club was closing at 2am, although she was drunk and enjoying herself dancing to the music.

I was in Hanoi two weeks ago and the police come along at midnight and closed all the bars, this is not much different and Vietnam is a communist country, wake and smell the roses, this is not freedom!!!

• Like 1

My Thai wife has started to think for herself, she questioned the soldier why the club was closing at 2am, although she was drunk and enjoying herself dancing to the music.

I was in Hanoi two weeks ago and the police come along at midnight and closed all the bars, this is not much different and Vietnam is a communist country, wake and smell the roses, this is not freedom!!!

well point us to the law that says the club should remain open past they legally licensed time to do so. I understand your feelings : nobody likes to have things closed when you are having a good time.

Have a good morning. Sun is up in an hour and a half.

well point us to the law that says the club should remain open past they legally licensed time to do so. I understand your feelings : nobody likes to have things closed when you are having a good time.

Have a good morning. Sun is up in an hour and a half.

Yes, it's time for bed now, but I'm watching Holland vs Costa Rica in my apartment, so nearly time for bed.

I think you will find the law of the land is being enforced, due to a thing called the coup, the law is that all entertainment establishments are to be closed by 02:00. Anything after that has to be requested through the correct channels, before the coup I think it was the good old graft 'law' being enforced. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Not to sound selfish but I like the 2am closing.

I am usually drunk by 1:30, but stay around because it's open.

2am perfect for me , get drunk and home early enough to wake up for work.

Though can see how it would not be so good for tourists who are use to opening times being till early mornings

• Like 1

Be grateful you don't live in Tokyo it's illegal to dance in clubs after midnight even if it's just to a bit of Elvis.

Be grateful you don't live in Tokyo it's illegal to dance in clubs after midnight even if it's just to a bit of Elvis.

So now dancing is made illegal, what's gonna be next.