Thai Community In La

I've heard it said that Los Angeles has more Thai people than any other place outside of Thailand. There is a huge "Thai town" near Hollywood where you can find restaurant after restaurant specializing in different Thai foods, Thai grocers, Thai video rental stores, Thai comic book stores, etc.

There are also nice Thai fusion restaurants in Los Angeles and plenty of regular Thai restaurants (meaning Thai-American or Thai-American-Chinese food).

I don't know about the community but it seems to be vibrant. There are also subcultures of Thai students at the local universities, i.e. UCLA and USC, who use the services of Thai town but perhaps do not socialize with the non-student expat Thais so much. (Many of them are in the US on similar scholarship packages and have a lot of common experience to relate to one another.)

Wow thanx been there a few times and never found it.

But thanx for the info ,sounds positive

I've heard it said that Los Angeles has more Thai people than any other place outside of Thailand. There is a huge "Thai town" near Hollywood where you can find restaurant after restaurant specializing in different Thai foods, Thai grocers, Thai video rental stores, Thai comic book stores, etc.

There are also nice Thai fusion restaurants in Los Angeles and plenty of regular Thai restaurants (meaning Thai-American or Thai-American-Chinese food).

I don't know about the community but it seems to be vibrant. There are also subcultures of Thai students at the local universities, i.e. UCLA and USC, who use the services of Thai town but perhaps do not socialize with the non-student expat Thais so much. (Many of them are in the US on similar scholarship packages and have a lot of common experience to relate to one another.)