CB 300f

Nebula

Okay so first impressions are. The engine make good power

The seat is sticky, I have no slide action. But the rear set doesn't feel so good. It moves around a bit and the rubber doesn't seem like it's in place. It's probably going to be the first thing to go. Breaks feel stiff, good but I'm gitch going to have to get used to them. Clutch is a little heavy and I'll have to get used to it. I will have to get used to the mirrors too as they are not mounted on the body any more, on the handle bars.

The bike actually makes me feel weak like I'm going to have to go hit the gym some more to be able to man handle the bike like my old CBR 150. I think I just need to get used to it.

BTW the gauge cluster is super easy to see there are no wires blocking any part of the display, before I had to look up to see the gas display as the clutch lever was blocking it .

I'm happy with it.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

nice!

i like the mirrors at handlebars, it is better as you can arrange the angle by turning the handlebars and see behind better especially while parked.

why not cbr300r panda?

I was going to go for the CBR but the same gauge cluster through me off, I just wanted something different. At Honda I saw a CBR 300 in black but the manager told me she had a white one up stairs, to go take a look and then make up my mind what color I would like. While I was upstairs I saw the CB 300 and was better something a little different. Since the CB came out I've wanted to try a naked bike to see if I like it. My old CBR was my first bike and I've never tried anything different. So I said to myself I want to try a naked bike. And that's pretty much why.

Plus I figured that because it's naked I'll feel like I'm riding faster as I'm getting hit by more wind so maybe I'll keep it at a reasonable speed now ;D .

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there was a common engine noise at 5000 rpms again where the engine runs lean for economy at cbr250r.

maybe that one.

Understand but not that. Could go round and round on where the noise is coming from, engine? Loose fitting? I am at a loss. Not angry but would like it sorted. Major or minor problem who knows.

any performance drop when rattle occurs?

The rattle affects nothing. Do not wish to test performance, 90kmh engine seized?

It is what it is. Unhappy? Yes. Fortunately I have other transport. No anger towards Honda, they have been good. My Thai is lacking and dealer is Thai only. We have had a joke or two but now onto AP Honda. See what happens.

May plant a seed that if they take it away I will be happy if it returns as a 500F.

than maybe just a rattling fairing or a shaky part. let them check the fairing, engine mounts and tighten the nuts etc.

maybe it gets better.[/quot

Had several bikes before. Considered rattling attachments, no way. Very strange. Loose component or engine?

Sorry but I can't say.

so lets hope it is not serious.

many times i experienced strange noises and nearly all were some loose fairing and parts, not the engine.

Thanks for the input but as mentioned I have owned a few bikes in my life. Could possibly be a loose attaching part but but I think not. Have no real idea where the noise is comming from, will update if I get info.

I don't know about you, but I feel that the new batch of Hondas, the 650 and these 300s, are getting back to a sexier design.

I never even considered a 250 or 500 because I felt they were quite ugly compared to Kawasaki and suzuki's offering.

After riding the Ninja 650r for a year, I realized other than bombing down from Cm to Malaysia I never really needed all that displacement and a 300cc is a great bike for most of what I wanted to do.

Though, a new 300 or a used 650 is still a hard choice since they are the same price, but the 300's are making a great argument and that White 300 is sexy.

Enlighten me.

Whenever I see someone refer to a motor vehicle as "sexy," I wonder what that means.

Does the vehicle cause the commenter to become tumescent?

Is there an urge to rub the genitalia against the bike?

What?

Edited by papa al

Clutch is a little heavy and I'll have to get used to it.

The bike actually makes me feel weak like I'm going to have to go hit the gym some more to be able to man handle the bike like my old CBR 150. I think I just need to get used to it.

I am kinda surprised but am betting it is just new.

I would imagine the pull on both clutch & brake will get easier

Did you end up selling that nice 150 you had?

The seat is sticky, I have no slide action. But the rear set doesn't feel so good. It moves around a bit and the rubber doesn't seem like it's in place. It's probably going to be the first thing to go. Breaks feel stiff, good but I'm gitch going to have to get used to them. Clutch is a little heavy and I'll have to get used to it. I will have to get used to the mirrors too as they are not mounted on the body any more, on the handle bars.

BTW the gauge cluster is super easy to see there are no wires blocking any part of the display, before I had to look up to see the gas display as the clutch lever was blocking it .

I'm happy with it.

nice!

i like the mirrors at handlebars, it is better as you can arrange the angle by turning the handlebars and see behind better especially while parked.

why not cbr300r panda?

I was going to go for the CBR but the same gauge cluster through me off, I just wanted something different. At Honda I saw a CBR 300 in black but the manager told me she had a white one up stairs, to go take a look and then make up my mind what color I would like. While I was upstairs I saw the CB 300 and was better something a little different. Since the CB came out I've wanted to try a naked bike to see if I like it. My old CBR was my first bike and I've never tried anything different. So I said to myself I want to try a naked bike. And that's pretty much why.

Plus I figured that because it's naked I'll feel like I'm riding faster as I'm getting hit by more wind so maybe I'll keep it at a reasonable speed now ;D .

cool man! naked bikes are fun as always. also it looks really badass in black. cb300f is a great bike, a real allrounder running for cheap. want to rent and ride one really!

you can get an aftermarket windshield anytime for the windsthumbsup.gif

Fortunately I have other transport.

That is one thing about any dealership here regardless of brand.

In the US if a new bike gets hung they usually allow for a loaner of some sort or reimburse you

if you rent something outside.

Understand that. But get it out here, not the local dealers problem. Today I said to them they shouldn't work for free, AP Honda problem.

In the US if a new bike gets hung they usually allow for a loaner of some sort or reimburse you

Understand that. But get it out here, not the local dealers problem. Today I said to them they shouldn't work for free, AP Honda problem.

Like many things here in Thailand including banks they are a lot like franchises rather than dealership's/ Branches of a central corporation.

But I will say some really go beyond the call & will fight for your case.

But again like banks etc it just depends on the management of the dealership/bank/franchise & how well they

understand/value customer service/loyalty etc.

Edited by mania

Like many things here in Thailand including banks they are a lot like franchises rather than dealership's/ Branches of a central corporation.

But I will say some really go beyond the call & will fight for your case.

But again like banks etc it just depends on the management of the dealership/bank/franchise & how well they

understand/value customer service/loyalty etc.

The mechanic in charge is a nice bloke, language conflicts etc. Did not want to insist Bangkok mechanic would be better.

Used to work on aircraft and know the "it is not right" thing but can't track it down.

I'm happy with it.

nice!

why not cbr300r panda?

cool man! naked bikes are fun as always. also it looks really badass in black. cb300f is a great bike, a real allrounder running for cheap. want to rent and ride one really!

you can get an aftermarket windshield anytime for the windsthumbsup.gif

Yea but I think it might be a little while until I do anything to it. BTW I want to feel the wind blowing me off the bike :D

My last bike I put over 20k in mods on it and I never got it back.

Later I might just do the norm, frame sliders, rear set, maybe a mod guard wheel stickers. Nothing to much. That's what I say know but I doubt I'll stop there. For now enjoy it the way it is .

I'm happy with it.

nice!

why not cbr300r panda?

I thought I was passed the "thrash " stage but it revs so nicely it is hard to resist.

Okay so I tested it out today on my way to work and it has great accelerate up to about 139-140ish I took with no tuck. But with a slight tuck I took it up to 150 but it had a little wobble and I cooled it down. (BTW I took it up to 150ish twice and both times I got the wobble.)

Between 4000 and 5000 rpm it rides the smoothest.

It feels as though I'm riding a lot higher. I have more visibility

Okay so I tested it out today on my way to work and it has great accelerate up to about 139-140ish I took with no tuck. But with a slight tuck I took it up to 150 but it had a little wobble and I cooled it down. (BTW I took it up to 150ish twice and both times I got the wobble.)

Had a mate that agreed to ride a Kawasaki KH750? back from where his friend purchased it. He was a bit of a mad bloke on a bike. He got it up to 170kmh and a tank slapper set in. Never seen a bloke so white before.

a nice review of cb300f.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/honda/2015-honda-cb300f-review.html

and first dyno that i have seen:

less revvy that cbr250r but has great low and mid grunt and overall better everywhere than cbr250r.

Still, 8500 rpm and you are out. i remember redlining my cbr250r at 10500+ rpm and it si not acase for cb300f.

Just check the dyno from 3000 rpm to 6000 rpm top see the low end marvel of cb300f! pulling right away from the idle.

But it lost its sporting intentions a bit but still sporty.

what a great real world bike! Easy, less gear changes and less revs, comfy and convenient where Honda rules. the best beginner bike quote is totally true for this bike.

090414-Honda-CB300F-vs-CBR250R-hp-torque

Edited by ll2

wobbles?

possibly less weight on front end.

a nice review of cb300f.

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/honda/2015-honda-cb300f-review.html

and first dyno that i have seen:

less revvy that cbr250r but has great low and mid grunt and overall better everywhere than cbr250r.

Still, 8500 rpm and you are out. i remember redlining my cbr250r at 10500+ rpm and it si not acase for cb300f.

Just check the dyno from 3000 rpm to 6000 rpm top see the low end marvel of cb300f! pulling right away from the idle.

But it lost its sporting intentions a bit but still sporty.

what a great real world bike! Easy, less gear changes and less revs, comfy and convenient where Honda rules. the best beginner bike quote is totally true for this bike.

090414-Honda-CB300F-vs-CBR250R-hp-torque

I may disagree a little. Love the bike. Part of the joy is it reminds me of whippy two strokes. Has a bit of "grunt" but behaves like an RD250LC.

wobbles?

possibly less weight on front end.

As I moved up cc things used to happen at speed. No one used to balance bike wheels. Bought a Kawasaki and it had balance weights on the wheels (same as 300F). From there on I used to balance the wheels myself because for some reason dealers did not do it.

there was a common engine noise at 5000 rpms again where the engine runs lean for economy at cbr250r.

maybe that one.

Understand but not that. Could go round and round on where the noise is coming from, engine? Loose fitting? I am at a loss. Not angry but would like it sorted. Major or minor problem who knows.

The rattle affects nothing. Do not wish to test performance, 90kmh engine seized?

It is what it is. Unhappy? Yes. Fortunately I have other transport. No anger towards Honda, they have been good. My Thai is lacking and dealer is Thai only. We have had a joke or two but now onto AP Honda. See what happens.

May plant a seed that if they take it away I will be happy if it returns as a 500F.

than maybe just a rattling fairing or a shaky part. let them check the fairing, engine mounts and tighten the nuts etc.

Had several bikes before. Considered rattling attachments, no way. Very strange. Loose component or engine?

Sorry but I can't say.

Maybe is the tank lid not tight enough .... just happen to me with my 2nd bike :(

Started to hear a strange rattle noise at 3000RPM and up evn in neutral .....get my bike to the shop and they just call me

Edited by LburtonL

maybe that one.

Sorry but I can't say.

Maybe is the tank lid not tight enough .... just happen to me with my 2nd bike :(

Started to hear a strange rattle noise at 3000RPM and up evn in neutral .....get my bike to the shop and they just call me

Thanks for input but I am a bit long in the tooth. Fairing parts etc, been there done that. Could turn out to be a loose component who knows. Just want it fixed. No downer on the bike or Honda, s##t happens.

So i went to my K-speed shop asking about black slip on that I can get on my bike and telling him that my wishes are to get some red acessories also.

I tell him there's a few parts from them that I like and also from BIKERS

He told me those were really bad quality about the paint they get on it....

ll2 how long you had your parts ?

what would you be your rating of them 1 to 10 ?

thanx

Edited by LburtonL

So i went to my K-speed shop asking about black slip on that I can get on my bike and telling him that my wishes are to get some red acessories also.

thanx

k speed parts fade a lot faster than bikers. also their aluminum is not as good as bikers'.

it is all about sun and rain and the level of exposure.

my parts start to fade after 1,5 - 2 years but i park my bike under sun many times also ride under sun, rain many times.

thanx

k speed parts fade a lot faster than bikers. also their aluminum is not as good as bikers'.

my parts start to fade after 1,5 - 2 years but i park my bike under sun many times also ride under sun, rain many times.

Like mine as it is. The young lads here do some nice things with mopeds. Very bling bling. Absolutly gorgeous old model bikes. Have no idea where they get parts from.

thanx

i'm so glad to hear that about BIKERS... since i dont ride under the rain and at home park bike shadow area

They will lasttttttttt long time no problem

Edited by LburtonL

Bit of an old boy myself, owned a few super bikes, great fun, still alive! Not a Honda fan myself, only moped status. First new bike I bought was a 400NA .Super Dream. Hated the Comstar wheels. Like this one but R1would be top of the list. Superbikes are such a nice piece of art.

first bike was a 1985 RZ 500 follow by a 1993 CBR600 F2 and my last sportbike was 1989 GSX-R 750 slingshot

all those bike before my 20th birthday, glad to be alive and 39 now :)

Riding them is a bit dodgy for living a long time. Had some great times and some scary times on bikes. Not a good bike rider myself throwing one into a corner. Had mates that scared the crap out of me, but still loved it.