CB 300f

Nebula

I also have the CB 300F I am 3 weeks in and have had the first oil change and I had a stretched chain sorted too. I have a strange rattle about 5,000 rpm which is a little annoying and on reading this and a few other forums it seems its 'normal?'. Dealer says it will be ok after the oil change and chain tighten, but it was still there.

The bike is great as a commuter and I have had a pillion and it still performs well. Need to change those tyres though! Added a radiator cover from K-Speed and then its booked in for the tail tidy and an all in one LED tail light which should look great.

Post some pictures once you get it done. I'd like to see the radiator guard from kspeed

• Replies 917
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill agree the 250 is ok to cruise at 130km/hr anymore and it becomes a little bit of a chore,375 km i used to get on mine with the stock exhaust ,ixil exhaust added brought that down to 325km.The longest trip i did on mine was Bkk - phitsanoulok - phrae - nan -phayao - chiangrai - chiang mai - mae hong son - tak -nakhon sawan -bkk .Didnt let me down once ,sure a bigger engine would be ideal but beggars cant be choosers lol .thougrougly enjoyed my time with the bike so far .

Ill agree the 250 is ok to cruise at 130km/hr anymore and it becomes a little bit of a chore,375 km i used to get on mine with the stock exhaust ,ixil exhaust added brought that down to 325km.The longest trip i did on mine was Bkk - phitsanoulok - phrae - nan -phayao - chiangrai - chiang mai - mae hong son - tak -nakhon sawan -bkk .Didnt let me down once ,sure a bigger engine would be ideal but beggars cant be choosers lol .thougrougly enjoyed my time with the bike so far .

You shouldn't call yourself a beggar, as you didn't make the trip on a Wave!! :D

You shouldn't call yourself a beggar, as you didn't make the trip on a Wave!! :D

BTW I was thinking of getting the XIXL L3W exhaust for my CB 300. It a slip on from the CBR 250.

What would you say about XIXL exhaust?

I have a strange rattle about 5,000 rpm which is a little annoying and on reading this and a few other forums it seems its 'normal?'.

Wow. 4 years after release and Honda still can't fix this issue. facepalm.gif

Dealer says it will be ok after the oil change and chain tighten, but it was still there.

At least now you know what level your dealer is at.

My GF has a 2 year old CBR250 and she said that after opening up on a stretch she got to about 140 and a Repsol 300 with two loan sharks on it flew past her.

she said the pipe didn't sound stock though, so she couldn't hear it rattling. biggrin.png

Nothing beggarish about a nicely purring Wave... Mind you gives the butt cheeks a severe kicking...

The Cbr 250 is comfortable at more than 120 and it's fine for long distances...I am pretty sure can go at least 400 km. with one tank. So I don't see why people doubt what the 300 can or can't.

Well for me coming from bigger cc bikes it's nice to know, that is why I am asking.

Sure you can go around the world on a Wave if you want but I never did more than app. 80 km in a day when I owned one and had a numb ass afterwards, lol.

I will go look at both the CBR and the F when I come home and test sit on them as well and rent one if posilbe.

400km on one tank is very good, I don't think I can sit so long time on a bike without a break (and a smoke).

Dont do it.

Wait for the R3 to get here.

Don't think it will be to comfortable on that. An upright seating position is a lost more comfortable. The CB is the way to go if your planning on longer trips. The only down side is you get a lot of wind at high speeds.

If your want a touring bike just go with the cb500x or if you don't mind spending more just get a Verseys. Just My opinion.

Dont do it.

Also look at the Kawasaki 250 single, the Kawasaki 250 twin, the Kawasaki 300 twin and isn't there also a Benelli 300.

It's always good to look at the other options, where there are so many of them, before jumping in. :)

Dont do it.

Take it the R3 is Yamahas entry into the class. Googled it and 320 cc was mentioned, 162,000 baht.

The R3 is a sports bike with a big S, sure 42hp sounds sweet but max torque is at very high revs.

For an old bastard like me, no thanks man, I think the CB300f is more suited for me.

162K baht, are you sure that's in Thailand? If it is, not a bad price.

Dont do it.

Take it the R3 is Yamahas entry into the class. Googled it and 320 cc was mentioned, 162,000 baht.

The R3 is a sports bike with a big S, sure 42hp sounds sweet but max torque is at very high revs.

For an old bastard like me, no thanks man, I think the CB300f is more suited for me.

162K baht, are you sure that's in Thailand? If it is, not a bad price.

Did not research too much, more than happy with the 300F. Old bastard as well, young side says bigger and quicker, sort of whish I could, enough fun with the 300.

How do the new single cylinder Kawasaki 250s compare in terms of power to weight ratio? I really haven't seen much about them at all.

These days they are all good bikes. My problem with Kawasaki is where can you buy one? Several Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha dealers locally. Kawasaki dealer? Owned one before, fantastic bike, here buy one and service it?

How do the new single cylinder Kawasaki 250s compare in terms of power to weight ratio? I really haven't seen much about them at all.

These days they are all good bikes. My problem with Kawasaki is where can you buy one? Several Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha dealers locally. Kawasaki dealer? Owned one before, fantastic bike, here buy one and service it?

What about motoaholic?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What about motoaholic?

Had to Google that. Everything is rosy if you live in tourist spots. Never seen a Kawasaki dealer. Unfortunate because I like them, logistically a pain in the a##.

I like CB300F i think, miss that topic thumbsup.gif

It's only few days to I can try mine for fist time, Buy for weeks ago - but only see Picture.

Are there some who are satisfied or dissatisfied with their CB300F?

Edited by Vard

I like CB300F i think, miss that topic thumbsup.gif

It's only few days to I can try mine for fist time, Buy for weeks ago - but only see Picture.

Are there some who are satisfied or dissatisfied with their CB300F?

Do not wish to teach anyone but if you have someone on the back the front wheel comes up under moderate acceleration in second.

It's my first over 110cc bike. It's great fun. Think a chain adjustment need to be done already at 100km.

Cruising fine between the cars in bkk :)

Haven't been on any longer trips yet, waiting for the license plate.

It's my first over 110cc bike. It's

great fun. Think a chain adjustment need to be done already at 100km.

Cruising fine between the cars in bkk :)

Haven't been on any longe I trips yet, waiting for the license plate.

Have no idea about your previous bike history. It is a serious step up from the 110. Ride carefully. Have fun

It's my first over 110cc bike. It's great fun. Think a chain adjustment need to be done already at 100km.

Cruising fine between the cars in bkk smile.png

To drive into town was one of the reasons I wanted my CB300F, easy to handle in heavy traffic?

I bought my 5 weeks ago to get white plate as fast as possible.

Edited by Vard

It's my first over 110cc bike. It's

great fun. Think a chain adjustment need to be done already at 100km.

Haven't been on any longe I trips yet, waiting for the license plate.

Have no idea about your previous bike history. It is a serious step up from the 110. Ride carefully. Have fun

Only history from driving 150cc scooter one year in Thailand - thing its a different drive ;)

To drive into town was one of the reasons I wanted my CB300F, easy to handle in heavy traffic?

Getting on towards 3 months now, still got a red plate.

Did you get the red plate at the shop directly when you bought it?

I didn't get it.

I didn't get it.

Yes, get red plate - girfriend drive the bike from the shop.

I didn't get it.

Has nothing to do with the shop. No red plates in Bangkok afaik.