Israel and Hamas agree 12-hour window

Lite Beer

Israel has lost many brave soldiers

36 Israeli dead; mainly military.

Over 800 Palestinians dead, mostly civilians, many children.

Human shields, you will say.

No excuse, the rest of the world says.

Especially when Israel bombs UN safe areas!

So you are saying Israel should intentionally take more casualties for the sake of PR?

Hamas is responsible for starting it and hiding behind their own people. Joan Rivers telling it like it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5Q7yuaXjM Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So you are saying Israel should intentionally take more casualties for the sake of PR?

Hamas is responsible for starting it and hiding behind their own people. Joan Rivers telling it like it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-5Q7yuaXjM

You go girl!clap2.gif

They started it?
I used to think she is funny, and she is still funny. But now I know she is a disgusting old yenta.

That may sound like what I'm saying to a closed mind who believes that the slaughter of innocent civilians by the IDF is right and just.

To every one else, the meaning is clear.

+1

Was also hoping to find on TV some expression of wise words concerning all Palestinian and Jewish victims and interesting exchange about this new conflict, but it turns out that some people see this conflict like amusement, read game...

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Yes, you seem to have a short memory, as I believe you have seen many expressions of wise words (most notably by Morch) in the other thread you participated: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/744577-gaza-and-israel-suffer-deadliest-day/

Well, I guess not wise words for you as they just don't match your personal views and opinions.

Do you suggest that the IDF deliberately targets civilians with intent to kill them?

Netanyahu blamed Hama for the kidnap of three teen in the occupied West Bank.

So he used it as an excuse to launch the present slaughter.

Now it appears he got his facts wrong.

On Friday, Chief Inspector Micky Rosenfeld, foreign press spokesman for the Israel Police, reportedly told BBC journalist Jon Donnisonhe that the men responsible for murders were not acting on orders of Hamas leadership. Instead, he said, they are part of a lone cell. Further, Inspector Rosenfeld told Donnison that if Hamas leadership had ordered the kidnapping, they'd have known about it in advance.

Twisting facts and spreading disinformation, as usual, Jay.

Israel has launched an air attack on Hamas rocket launchers only after & because Hamas started bombing Israel. Hamas then escalated the attacks, Israel air-strikes were adjusted accordingly and the escalation of both sides reached where it is now.

This is of course not the first time Hamas is doing this:

0471a-fde469a9-6535-45f4-b973-9c7ec334fc

Edited by dr_lucas
  • Like 1

That must be why they have allowed so many to become citizens of Israel with full voting rights, their own political parties and an Arab on the Supreme Court.. I don't remember the Nazis doing any of  that.  rolleyes.gif

Egypt holds Hamas at fault for Israeli invasion

Shortly after the prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu announced the launch of an Israeli ground operation in the Gaza Strip Thursday night, Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shokri said that Hamas was responsible for what was happening. 
http://www.debka.com/newsupdate/8999/

Nice to open this topic !

Egypt has a 20-year deal to provide natural gas to Israel...

And euh Israel dicovered end of last year huge new oil wells close to...Gaza...

Do you expect them to share the wells/pipelines with the Palestinians ?

Same old song...

Israel is an independent state but not completely for oil and gas rescources/stocks...

Let me correct the wrong facts in this post.

The pipeline from Egypt to Israel was damaged by Islamic militants more than once, hence no gas supply.  Egypt are now short of gas and there are now initial agreements to supply an Egyptian LNG plant with gas from Israel.

Which huge new oil fields near Gaza?  Israel does not have oil fields, but does have new gas fields being developed.  One of these is called Tamar and is already flowing gas to Israel, the actual field is probably closest to Haifa, which is nowhere near Gaza, though the offshore initial processing facility is fairly close to Gaza, but definitely closest to Israel, not Gaza.  The new field called Leviathan is even further offshore and at one stage Lebanon was trying to claim partial ownership.  Lebanon is at the opposite end of Israel to the Gaza strip.  All these facts are easily looked up via Google or your favourite search engine so please do not come back and say prove my facts.

There were no new fields discovered last year as far as I am aware in the Israeli area, though there were a couple of proving wells on already discovered fields.

I cannot figure out what the last sentence means.

Maybe a bit more research before quoting "facts" in future would be appreciated.

Cheers

And I bet that if he mentioned these he knows the facts and doesn't need to look them up in Google, but your words just fall on deaf ears and blind eyes, because Israel demonizers and radicals (both left-wing or right wing for that matter) always conveniently ignore facts which don't match their views and make up their own facts and interpretation to reality. If they don't ignore them, they just twist them or blatantly lie about them to justify their positions.

Edited by dr_lucas

Hamas has refused cease fires repeatedly over the last few weeks.

A week long cease fire was on the table.  It seems that it is easy for some to ignore that Israel murdered hundreds of women and children over the past week.

John Kerry can just wait until they are good and ready.

bah.gif

John Kerry is the Secretary of State for the United States of America.  And what is posted above is exactly why the United States should discontinue providing $3.5 billion worth of charity to Israel.

Murdered? Like with intent? Did they also drink their blood later or was it before?

I just got a phone call from history. She said she disagrees with you.

The IDF is doing everything it can to avoid hurting innocent civilians, while Hamas is threatening them to stay and serve as human shields. Mistakes happen while warfare is conducted in urban residential areas. No amount of technology will change that. The IDF even kills & injures its' own soldiers ("friendly fire"):

Some examples (there are many more):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoK9YL6D5RE&list=UUawNWlihdgaycQpO3zi-jYg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE7ykidY7FA&list=UUawNWlihdgaycQpO3zi-jYg

That must be why they have allowed so many to become citizens of Israel with full voting rights, their own political parties and an Arab on the Supreme Court.. I don't remember the Nazis doing any of  that.  rolleyes.gif

Shortly after the prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu announced the launch of an Israeli ground operation in the Gaza Strip Thursday night, Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shokri said that Hamas was responsible for what was happening. 

Same old song...

Israel is an independent state but not completely for oil and gas rescources/stocks...

The pipeline from Egypt to Israel was damaged by Islamic militants more than once, hence no gas supply.  Egypt are now short of gas and there are now initial agreements to supply an Egyptian LNG plant with gas from Israel.

Which huge new oil fields near Gaza?  Israel does not have oil fields, but does have new gas fields being developed.  One of these is called Tamar and is already flowing gas to Israel, the actual field is probably closest to Haifa, which is nowhere near Gaza, though the offshore initial processing facility is fairly close to Gaza, but definitely closest to Israel, not Gaza.  The new field called Leviathan is even further offshore and at one stage Lebanon was trying to claim partial ownership.  Lebanon is at the opposite end of Israel to the Gaza strip.  All these facts are easily looked up via Google or your favourite search engine so please do not come back and say prove my facts.

There were no new fields discovered last year as far as I am aware in the Israeli area, though there were a couple of proving wells on already discovered fields.

Maybe a bit more research before quoting "facts" in future would be appreciated.

Cheers

Geology doesn't follow geography...

Egypt awarded last year offshore exploration contracts in blocks 6,7,8 and 9 on their territory. These 4 blocks are limited till Gaza offshore territory. Gaza offshore blocks are not explored yet.

Israel's Meged 5 oilfield site explores Palestinian (West Bank) oil since 2009.
Israel's Yam-3 well, 10 miles from the southern port city of Ashdod is located only a few miles from Gaza.

Estimated Israeli gas reserves will run out for domestic supply in less than 40 years.

It is discernible that the conflict in Gaza is directly due to Israel's appetite for Palestinian oil and gas.

Apology doesn't follow absurdity...

Cheers mate !

• Like 1

Joan Rivers?

Oh well, if she says it, it must be true!

(Sarcasm)

Like it or not, respect her or not, she is spot on!

So you agree the Palestinians should be "wiped out".

Same old song...

Cheers

Egypt awarded last year offshore exploration contracts in blocks 6,7,8 and 9 on their territory. These 4 blocks are limited till Gaza offshore territory. Gaza offshore blocks are not explored yet.

Israel's Yam-3 well, 10 miles from the southern port city of Ashdod is located only a few miles from Gaza.

Estimated Israeli gas reserves will run out for domestic supply in less than 40 years.

It is discernible that the conflict in Gaza is directly due to Israel's appetite for Palestinian oil and gas.

Cheers mate !

I don't know what's more absurd, your assumption that Israel wants Gaza's non-existing (to date) oil and gas or the fact that completely "forgot to mention" that Israel, for the sake of peace with Egypt, gave back Sinai that had a lot more oil & gas & operational oil fields.

Joan Rivers?

(Sarcasm)

Oh god, you know very well I don't. I wish all their peace-loving civilians nothing but long life and prosperity.

I agree that Hamas terrorists should be "wiped out" & I agree that any country would have done the same thing Israel is currently doing, attacking the source of fire.

Actually most countries (most notably Russia & China) would  have done much much worse I believe. Actually they did much worse in similar situations with minimal to no international outcry.

Edited by dr_lucas
  • Like 2

There was some talk of extending the ceasefire a bit, Israel agreed, Hamas rejected. Fighting is renewed:

Rockets fired; Israel-Hamas truce appears over

Gaza (CNN) -- A tenuous cease-fire in Gaza appeared to be over Saturday, with militant rockets again hurtling toward Israel as diplomats pushed for a longer truce in a conflict that has killed more than 1,000 people -- mostly civilians.

Israel had agreed to extend a humanitarian 12-hour cease-fire for four hours Saturday, but Hamas spokesman Abu Zuhri said there would be no extension.

The cease-fire started at 8 a.m. Saturday (1 a.m. ET). The temporary truce enabled Palestinians to move medical supplies into Gaza, families to emerge from shelters and people to dig the dead from piles of rubble.

Edited by Morch

You can blame Hamas for that, but every country kills civilians during during wars by mistake. However, Hamas targets them and uses them as human shields ON PURPOSE. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoYmuH3NOv8

Israel should send its evidence to an international inquiry...it might get some credibility then. Other wise it is simply Israeli hearsay.

I think I get it. The new line repeated now would include "evidence" "international inquiry" "credibility" and it would appear on and on every time a picture or a video clip will be linked. Well done.

Is there actually an international inquiry underway already?

How is it hearsay when Hamas calls for people to come and protect certain sites with their lives? Or when it instructs the civilians to disregard Israeli warnings prior to attacks? Or when Hamas obviously is launching from within or nearby Gaza's residential areas? Or when a UN agency discovers rockets stored in one of the schools it operates?

• Like 2

You can blame Hamas for that, but every country kills civilians during during wars by mistake. However, Hamas targets them and uses them as human shields ON PURPOSE. 

Israel should send its evidence to an international inquiry...it might get some credibility then. Other wise it is simply Israeli hearsay.

I think I get it. The new line repeated now would include "evidence" "international inquiry" "credibility" and it would appear
on and on every time a picture or a video clip will be linked. Well done.

Is there actually an international inquiry underway already?

How is it hearsay when Hamas calls for people to come and protect certain sites with their lives? Or when it instructs the
civilians to disregard Israeli warnings prior to attacks? Or when Hamas obviously is launching from within or nearby Gaza's
residential areas? Or when a UN agency discovers rockets stored in one of the schools it operates?

Friendly fire perhaps...

Self genocide?!blink.png

It must be a brand new phenomenon   unsure.png

An Israeli minister has defended the ground offensive in Gaza and accused Hamas of "self-genocide" by using women and children as human shields.

http://news.sky.com/story/1304322/israel-minister-accuses-hamas-of-self-genocide

That does sound kind of stupid.

You know, if it was really Israel's intention to commit "genocide" of the local Palestinian Arabs, why is it that 20 percent of the Israeli citizen population is Arab? It doesn't add up, does it?

Well perhaps Israel should allow 5 million refugees to return to their homes In israel instead of herding them into refugee centers and confiscating their land. There is more than one form making a people disappear.

Are Jews who ran away from their Arab homelands allowed to go back?  Is the Palestinian Right of Return applicable for all future generations not born in Israel?  Are Palestine and Israel able to accommodate such an influx of immigrants?  Are Israelis displaced by returning Palestinians to be granted refugee status in their stead?

It is easy to throw slogans around, harder to deal with realities.

The one fact missing from all this debate is the nation of Israel being an artificially created country made up of Jewish diaspora who have settle since 1948 in the old Arab enclave of Palestine.

Palestine dates back to Jesus who founded the Christian religion.

I don't read about many Christian fundamentalists trying to reclaim the so called holy land which to me appears to me a nightmare or poison chalice whichever is worse.

However the bulk of the population of Israel who have roots elsewhere in the world have been hell bent on displacing the ethnic population hence the problems over the last fifty years.

Logic suggests that integration and accepting that most reasonable people just want a simple family life would mean the aggression of the last half century is a waste of time.

Live and let live and who cares about some so called right to live in the land from the Jordan River to the sea.

That prophesy has not worked out for Israel who seem to have been cursed since biblical times. Edited by Jay Sata
  • Like 1

Joan Rivers?

(Sarcasm)

Oh god, you know very well I don't. I wish all their peace-loving civilians nothing but long life and prosperity.

I agree that Hamas terrorists should be "wiped out" & I agree that any country would have done the same thing Israel is currently doing, attacking the source of fire.

Actually most countries (most notably Russia & China) would  have done much much worse I believe. Actually they did much worse in similar situations with minimal to no international outcry.

So Joan Rivers is in fact not spot on then.

I didn't think you did, honestly. But see how easy it is to get excited by a person passionately spouting evil and agree with them?

There has to be a better way.

I will say that during the ceasefire Hamas has fired more rockets. I think they have factions out of control. I also think they are evil.

• Like 2

if it was really Israel's intention to commit "genocide" of the local Palestinian Arabs, why is it that 20 percent of the Israeli citizen population is Arab? It doesn't add up, does it?

Oh, it adds up alright, and Fareed Zakaria made it clear with this quote:

Israel rules more than 3 million Palestinians who will never become citizens of Israel and yet do not have their own state. As they multiply, Israel’s status as a democracy becomes more and more complex; the country looks more and more like an island of rich Israelis set in a sea of Palestinian serfs.

But somebody has to clean the toilets, right?

Not really.

Due to security issues, work permits for Palestinians are harder to get. With Israel bringing in foreign workers (mostly from Thailand, Philippines and China) and with illegal immigrants from Africa (mostly Sudan and Eritrea) taking their place, the number of Palestinians employed in Israel went down to less than 30k. A similar number of Palestinians are employed in Israeli illegal settlements on the West Bank. Work permits in Israel are much sought after, as pay is normally 2-3 times the average Palestinian income. Most would be employed in agriculture or construction.

Here's an interesting bit, about the PA bringing in foreign construction workers - http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/176474

• Like 1

if it was really Israel's intention to commit "genocide" of the local Palestinian Arabs, why is it that 20 percent of the Israeli citizen population is Arab? It doesn't add up, does it?

Oh, it adds up alright, and Fareed Zakaria made it clear with this quote:

Israel rules more than 3 million Palestinians who will never become citizens of Israel and yet do not have their own state. As they multiply, Israel’s status as a democracy becomes more and more complex; the country looks more and more like an island of rich Israelis set in a sea of Palestinian serfs.

But somebody has to clean the toilets, right?

Not really.

Due to security issues, work permits for Palestinians are harder to get. With Israel bringing in foreign workers (mostly from

Thailand, Philippines and China) and with illegal immigrants from Africa (mostly Sudan and Eritrea) taking their place, the

number of Palestinians employed in Israel went down to less than 30k. A similar number of Palestinians are employed in

Israeli illegal settlements on the West Bank. Work permits in Israel are much sought after, as pay is normally 2-3 times the

average Palestinian income. Most would be employed in agriculture or construction.

Here's an interesting bit, about the PA bringing in foreign construction workers - http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/176474

All 100% true facts. But somebody has to demonize Israel & spread disinformation, right?

Netanyahu blamed Hama for the kidnap of three teen in the occupied West Bank.

So he used it as an excuse to launch the present slaughter.

Now it appears he got his facts wrong.

On Friday, Chief Inspector Micky Rosenfeld, foreign press spokesman for the Israel Police, reportedly told BBC journalist Jon Donnisonhe that the men responsible for murders were not acting on orders of Hamas leadership. Instead, he said, they are part of a lone cell. Further, Inspector Rosenfeld told Donnison that if Hamas leadership had ordered the kidnapping, they'd have known about it in advance.

Jon Donnison. Now why does that ring a bell...?

Oh...

Red faces at the BBC after reporter tweets 'heartbreaking photo of child hurt by Israeli rocket' which is actually a girl in Syria

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2236209/BBC-reporter-tweets-photo-injured-Gaza-girl-actually-child-Syria.html

http://bbcwatch.org/2012/11/19/bbcs-jon-donnison-tweets-malicious-fauxtography/

Other than that, I do not think it was ever claimed by anyone of importance that the kidnapping was directly ordered by Hamas leadership. The justification used to see them as bearing responsibility had to do with their ongoing incitement on Hamas media to carry out kidnappings (seeing as this paid off with the last kidnapping/exchange deal). Most of the other details appearing in Donnison's tweet have been released in the past or at least, appeared in local media earlier.

Edited by Scott
  • Like 2

Same old song...

Cheers

Cheers mate !

So basically, you seem to say that there might be oil and gas off Gaza Strip shore. Or there might be nothing. Or very little.  And Israel, which already got a couple of sizable fields being developed elsewhere (not to mention other potential fields that lie within its territorial water) is carrying out this war just for the sake of fields that might or might not be there and might or might not be profitable. Makes perfect sense. Not.

As far as I am aware none of Israel's inland oil and gas efforts was ever a big success, whether within Israel's borders or on the West Bank.

Same old song...

Cheers

Cheers mate !

So basically, you seem to say that there might be oil and gas off Gaza Strip shore. Or there might be nothing. Or very little.

And Israel, which already got a couple of sizable fields being developed elsewhere (not to mention other potential fields that

lie within its territorial water) is carrying out this war just for the sake of fields that might or might not be there and might or

might not be profitable. Makes perfect sense. Not.

As far as I am aware non of Israel's inland oil and gas efforts was ever a big success, whether within Israel's borders or on

the West Bank.

Don't you find it odd that he didn't suggest Hamas is attacking Israel with rocket for its' already existing & potential gas fields, but instead he chose to suggest Israel is attacking Gaza for its' non-existing potential gas fields?

Funny that I never even thought of either theories myself (and neither did the Palestinians or Israelis AFAIK), but the first does seem to me like a much more viable theory one can suggest than the second...

• Like 1

Joan Rivers?

She did not say that. You did. She said that anyone would respond with force to someone shooting thousands of rockets at them for months at a time and, yes,  she is absolutely SPOT ON. thumbsup.gif  

Edited by Ulysses G.

Joan Rivers?

She did not say that. You did. She said that anyone would respond with force to someone shooting thousands of rockets at them for months at a time and, yes,  she is absolutely SPOT ON. thumbsup.gif  

BS.